Lego Thread

27,787 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just leaving legoland in England. They had all of the big Star Wars and creation sets (but not the vintage Tower bridge one that I want) but this was one I hadn't seen before.
twilly
AG
I'm REALLY into Star Wars Legos. You could say I have a few sets.

ja86
AG
Very impressive.

*never try to post gifs from the phone....ugh
sburg2007
The Ghost is so great as well as AT-TE. I wish I didn't go through the dark ages for so long! Just wrapped this guy up and sitting at work with Vader's meditation chamber, polybag imperial shuttle, and Death Star cannon.
Ag Since 83
AG
It's a fun build. Enjoy!
BenFiasco14
AG
Ah, I will be watching your career with great interest.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

It's a fun build. Enjoy!

Alas, didn't buy it. Or anything else for myself.
StillNotAnAggie
I want this one.
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/optimus-prime-10302
agdoc2001
AG
Just came to post it! Want.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Flashdiaz
AG
agdoc2001 said:

Just came to post it! Want.

can't wait for the Michael Bay version with 2,342,897,697.02 pieces
schmendeler
AG
This one looks pretty cool

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/airbus-h175-rescue-helicopter-42145
K Bo
AG
That is cool! I really want ECTO-1 but my wife would kill me if I bought another kit before building the DeLorean, haha.
ABATTBQ11
AG
A little disappointed in mine right now. I noticed pieces of my Saturn V are starting to yellow pretty bad. It's on a shelf away from direct sun, and the yellowing is VERY piece specific. I have adjacent pieces that are completely different shades (like fresh out of the box bright white vs champagne), and the yellowing is specific to the curved tiles that wrap astound the body. All of the other white pieces seem to be holding up really well, but those specific pieces, with the exception of 3-4, are really bad. Seems like maybe they have batch issues with their plastic or something since. Doesn't seem like a light exposure issue because the smooth, vertical pieces between the curved sections are pristine, while the curved sections on either side look like crap. I know they can be fixed with H2O2 and sunlight, but I feel like the quality should be a lot better. And really don't want to have to disassemble it.
schmendeler
AG
Hmm i need to check mine. Haven't noticed this.
ABATTBQ11
AG
If left near harsh lighting or windows, white Legos can yellow over time. Apparently you can submerge them in hydrogen peroxide and leave them in the sun to restore their color.

Here's what I'm seeing (though on closer inspection it's every piece type):
sburg2007
My ecto 1 is starting to show some as well. Very indirect lighting.
sburg2007
It's a great set, but with recent price hike, I'd hold off until you found a deal. I wish I grabbed the Delorean before it went up to $200.

I just wrapped up the jurrssic park to Rex breakout and have the galaxy explorer waiting in its box. Currently halfway finished with star wars trench run.
jeffk
AG
The new Camaro expert set is calling my name.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Standing in the kitchen at 615 this morning drinking my coffee and I hear our window shutters in the front room open. I find my son standing in the dark with a flashlight looking out the window.

Apparently my mother in law bought my kids new Legos yesterday and told them they were being delivered overnight.

He's a bit obsessed. He's currently try to save up $200 to split the cost of the new loop coaster with me. I need to go to the store and grab one before they disappear as I'm assuming it's going to take him a while.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I also started yesterday on the month log slog of preparing my department's budget (for th first time as a colleague of mine took an unexpected early "retirement"). I decided London Bridge and a nice bottle of whisky will be my reward come early September.
ABATTBQ11
AG
My 5 yo is saving up for Elsa's ice castle. She's glacially earning money towards it doing odd jobs around the house and "helping."
CC09LawAg
I need a shelf to display my Mos Eisley and Lion Knight's Castle, does anyone have any recommendations?

Lack of space is the only thing keeping them in the box.
ChipFTAC01
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I also started yesterday on the month log slog of preparing my department's budget (for th first time as a colleague of mine took an unexpected early "retirement"). I decided London Bridge and a nice bottle of whisky will be my reward come early September.

Tower bridge is arriving On Friday. By far the biggest set I've ever built. What's the best strategy for attacking a large used set like this? Sort into colors before starting? Verify I've got all of the pieces (bought it used).
jeffk
AG
Oof. That big a set used? I'd probably sort into colors and set aside the bigger or unusually shaped pieces and just mark missing pieces as you come across them in the build. Sub in similar pieces (maybe a different color) temporarily so you can continue on?
ChipFTAC01
AG

BenTheGoodAg
AG
Dear Lord, please give me strength:

Lego unveils a 6,187-piece Mandalorian 'Razor Crest' set
ABATTBQ11
AG
Saw this the other day and I'm dying
sburg2007
Such a cool set, but easy for me to not drop six hundo on a plastic toy. My limit is $200, half joking.

I'd be happy with the play scale model.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Here we go!
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Here's a blast from the past. I collected the entire run of gen 1 original trilogy sets back in high school. These were some fun sets, and just pulled them out of the attic:

ChipFTAC01
AG
Progress. Had to put it away for a few days for my terror of a nephew and the cleaning lady. Finally had a missing piece from the Big Box o' Legos. A single medium blue 1x1 plate. If that's the damage I'll be happy.
K Bo
AG
Finished just in time! Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.

drmwvr
AG
Got this for Christmas and here is how far I am with the build. I'm building the Turbo version.

AliasMan02
AG
Earlier this year we did Lego Architecture skylines as a team building exercise. My team did the Dubai skyline and won. I ended up with the set and have had it sitting for a while. Needing something to do this afternoon so I didn't murder my in-laws, I broke it out.

Before this thing at work I hadn't built a Lego set in decades, but I do love them. After working some today I've decided this is going to be my new meditative activity. I've been in need of something to do to get some zen, and building Lego is just the right balance of concentration and focus without being frustrating or agonizing.

If the new gig that is full time WFH works out, my plan is to book an hour between work and home activities to recenter and destress. Lego is something I think will be a big player there, along with possibly some other modeling or craftsy type things.
AliasMan02
AG
One thing to add, is what else got me thinking about doing some Lego. We always go to the Lego store with the kids when we're at the mall. They're too little for proper Lego, but do Duplo sometimes. Mostly they like to look at them.

We were waiting to get in one time in the last year and I saw a guy, probably in his 40s, walking out with the Falcon. This guy was absolutely beaming. Transported. I've never seen someone so excited walking out of a store.

It was just so pure. Loved seeing it, and it got me thinking. Would love to recapture some of that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.