Uncharted trailer - (Feb 18) - Tom Holland, Marky Mark

7,535 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best game series ever, enjoy
swimmerbabe11
I'm 40 % through number 3 and I've started doing the thing where you procrastinate because you don't want it to end
TyHolden
AG
c-jags said:

TyHolden said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

is it a theater must see?
ir will it be ok to wait for an at home release?

Wait…waste of money
I disagree. It's not MUST see on the big screen but it's far from a waste of money for an action movie.

Our family enjoyed going to an adventure movie in theaters.

yeah, my kid that played the game liked it.
Philo B 93
I finally watched Uncharted.

There are worse ways I could have spent those two hours. It felt like a mash-up of dozens of earlier and sometimes better movies with a strong dose of CGI and Jackie Chan choreography. Or an alternate Spider-Man movie where Peter Parker never decides to have a suit or pursue the Marvel Super Hero life. That I liked. As much as I like Spider-Man, I'm starting to grow out of my super hero stage of life. I hope someday to be mature enough to enjoy sophisticated movies like James Bond and Mission Impossible, but until then, I'll jump on the Uncharted train.
jackie childs
i rewatched part of it last night since its on netflix now.

i still enjoy it and still think wahlberg is horribly miscast as sully.
agproducer
AG
jackie childs said:

I watched it a second time as well. The only glimpse of the real Sully that Wahlberg delivered was in the final cut scene.

Sully is loud, boisterous, a father figure. Wahlberg didn't do any of that.

That being said, I think there is something to build on for a second movie.
The Milkman
AG
Wife and I watched it last night and we both thought it was a fun romp. Had no idea until now though that it was a video game series
Garrelli 5000
AG
We watched a few days ago. It was fun. Our only complaint was how wildly lazy they were with some of the story.

Unlock a centuries old entry to an underground lair from a church, walk a few feet and speers nearly impale you from both sides, but literally 10 feet to the right is a barred door with plumbing/electrical lines on the other side of it.

Wildly lazy bad story telling.

That being said - fun concept and looked good. If the writers/directors moving from giving zero ****s to a minor **** the future movies can be great.

FTR - never played the video games.
Take the trash out staff.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
jackie childs said:

Wahlberg seemed more Nate like to me in his dialogue and jokes if you remove the greed.
GoAgs92
AG
Entertaining enough but I've never played the games so it wasn't that great.
Fenrir
agproducer said:

jackie childs said:

I watched it a second time as well. The only glimpse of the real Sully that Wahlberg delivered was in the final cut scene.

Sully is loud, boisterous, a father figure. Wahlberg didn't do any of that.

That being said, I think there is something to build on for a second movie.

Always felt that Bruce Campbell was perfect for sully but they seemingly had Wahlberg locked in early on and through the various attempts to make this movie so I guess they had to use him somehow.
Sea Speed
AG
The only video game I have played in the last decade was Farcry 5, but that plane scene made me want to find a Playstation and play whatever game has that part in it.

Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Sea Speed said:

The only video game I have played in the last decade was Farcry 5, but that plane scene made me want to find a Playstation and play whatever game has that part in it.

That scene is from Uncharted 3. You can get it in the Uncharted Collection for PS4/PS5 or find the original on PS3. It's a good game

Also, Far Cry 5 is the only Ubisoft game I really liked. They did a great job on the Montana setting
agproducer
AG
Sea Speed said:

If you play, start with UC 2. The original, though I love it, is a little clunky with the controls. The story and game play are light years ahead in UC 2.

I hope if we get a second movie that the use the train scene from 2.
ABATTBQ11
AG
C@LAg said:

Average Joe said:

Maybe 15 years ago, but that time has long passed.
yeah, he is "old". but still would have been a better option than Tom Holland.

Plus he is only 3 years older than Harrison Ford when he was running around like a fool in Last Crusade.

Never played the games, but watched this on Netflix the other day. 1. I can't see Tom Holland as anything other than Spiderman. 2. He looks like he's 14-15. I couldn't take him seriously as an Indiana Jones type treasure hunter. I don't know how old Nathan Drake is supposed to be, and I'm guessing early to mid-twenties, but Tom Holland looked like a preteen crushing on a 30 year old every time Chloe was around.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
agproducer said:

Sea Speed said:

If you play, start with UC 2. The original, though I love it, is a little clunky with the controls. The story and game play are light years ahead in UC 2.

I hope if we get a second movie that the use the train scene from 2.
This. IMO, video games have long ago advanced far enough to become a serious medium for entertainment/drama and the train scene from Uncharted 2 was one of the all-time set pieces for a video game. The best action set piece in all of video games to me and that's saying a lot. Came out over ten years ago and I still think about it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.