*** The Challenge: Spies, Lies, and Allies Discussion ***

16,011 Views | 197 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Petrino1
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have commented a couple times to my wife about how amazing it is that they can do a competition show in their 2nd/3rd language. Pretty cool to see.
emoney
AG
This happened a couple weeks ago but I just realized this wasn't brought up. The Challenge had yet another player in Bettina who ended up playing the Challenge while pregnant. I think this is maybe the 3rd or 4th time in recent history where this has happened. (I think maybe Natalie found earlier than the others) I thought that was crazy to found out after the show.
Quinn
AG
I thought Devin was pretty whiny this episode. He wanted Tori to still work for his team even though she wasn't on his team anymore - really?? I guess he deserves the most credit for the Vet Alliance (based on what we've seen), but still, he's got to understand the two losing teams joining up against the dominating team.

Was glad to see Kyle beat Josh. Wouldn't mind seeing Josh skip a season or two.

Wonder how close it is to the end of the season?
Quinn
AG
Also, I know CT is dad, old man, uncle CT these days, but man, he's been hurtful to Big T and Kyle two season in a row. Maybe I'm a big softy, but you'd think he would be better to them at this point. Or maybe that cold heart helps him win, I dunno.
Petrino1
Quinn said:

Also, I know CT is dad, old man, uncle CT these days, but man, he's been hurtful to Big T and Kyle two season in a row. Maybe I'm a big softy, but you'd think he would be better to them at this point. Or maybe that cold heart helps him win, I dunno.

He's hurtful to Kyle because Kyle keeps crossing him and stabbing him in the back. Kyle is literally the one guy you can't trust in the house. He backstabbed his best friend Devin earlier in the season, it's second nature to him lol.

Now Big T is another story.
MavsAg
AG
You simply cannot win with Big T. Sure she's nice to everyone and has a great personality, but she is the anchor on every team she is a part of.
LisaMarie
AG
Quinn said:

I don't blame him for acting out to Kyle. I enjoy Kyle's funny talking heads but in general, he is a snake and has crossed so many people. And then in the daily challenge saying he misunderstood? Yeah come on. But what CT did to Big T on the previous season was *very* hurtful and cruel and definitely was not ok. Overall though I love CT, he has come a LONG way in his maturity level but occasionally that hard, mean side still pops up.
Quinn
AG
I get that Kyle is a snake, but they spend months together every year for the last five years. Thought it was a little low to say that they aren't friends, but might just be me.
pdc093
I DID enjoy watching Kaycee knock Tori flat on her back.
Hope Nany and Amanda go home soon.
Petrino1
Quinn said:

I get that Kyle is a snake, but they spend months together every year for the last five years. Thought it was a little low to say that they aren't friends, but might just be me.

CT seems like the type to keep to himself and not have a lot of good friends. He is cool with everyone but not buddy buddy with them. He probably sees Kyle as just an ally on the show, but not a good friend outside of the show.
pdc093
I think maybe CT became more reserved after Diem's death in 2014.
He, Wes, and Abram are my all-time favorites. Although, I hope to see Ed back on the next one.
Petrino1
LisaMarie said:

Quinn said:

I don't blame him for acting out to Kyle. I enjoy Kyle's funny talking heads but in general, he is a snake and has crossed so many people. And then in the daily challenge saying he misunderstood? Yeah come on. But what CT did to Big T on the previous season was *very* hurtful and cruel and definitely was not ok. Overall though I love CT, he has come a LONG way in his maturity level but occasionally that hard, mean side still pops up.
I totally agree. Kyle says one thing and does another. Its like in his second nature to double cross his friends. Like earlier in the season when he screwed over Devin his best friend. He didnt even realize he was doing it, he just instinctually did it. No one trusts him on the show, not even his friends, and for good reason.
LisaMarie
AG
Quote:

CT seems like the type to keep to himself and not have a lot of good friends. He is cool with everyone but not buddy buddy with them.

Sounds like me lol
LisaMarie
AG
Anyone still watching? I don't like Emy but she is consistently winning at eliminations.

And honestly I don't care if Big T goes. She's nice and sweet and funny but every season will be the same... she's not strong enough and everyone will play hot potato with her.
Bunk Moreland
I'm watching because it's on a favorable night to keep watching but not too entertained this season.
LisaMarie
AG
Yeah I'll finish it out but my interest is waning. At this point just ready to start All Stars 2 when I'm done.
David_Puddy
AG
Still watching. There is 0 doubt in my mind that with the competitors left on the guys side that CT is running away with this thing and will cement himself as the Challenge GOAT above Bananas. On the girls side, give me Kayce
Quinn
AG
We're still watching. What a bad move by Logan (that name does not fit him at all) to pick Emmanuel. How does he not pick Devin right there??
Quinn
AG
David_Puddy said:

Still watching. There is 0 doubt in my mind that with the competitors left on the guys side that CT is running away with this thing and will cement himself as the Challenge GOAT above Bananas. On the girls side, give me Kayce
I was wondering if a championship this year would put him above Johnny. This would be 4? I might have to bust out the tale of the tape again if CT gets it done.
MavsAg
AG
This would be 5 for CT while Johnny already has 7. What's more impressive about CT's wins is that they all came after he was 30 (I believe). There are a few seasons where he would have won, but he either got screwed, kicked off for fighting, or his partner blew it (Adam in Rivals 1).
El_duderino
I think they need to go back down to 30 minute episodes like the old days. There's zero interesting house drama anymore (especially the big brother people) so I only watch the daily challenge and the elimination. I fast forward past everything else. I do think CT is gonna win again though.
LisaMarie
AG
Once the Challenge started ramping up the prize money it stopped being a fun vacation party for a lot of the cast and became more of a job to train and study for. I do miss a lot of the drama too though.
Bunk Moreland
Quinn said:

We're still watching. What a bad move by Logan (that name does not fit him at all) to pick Emmanuel. How does he not pick Devin right there??

Because parts of the show are scripted. Only answer.
El_duderino
I understand it to an extent after CT had his problems and then the whole Kenny/Evan situation, but the footage between the daily challenge and elimination is borderline unwatchable
David_Puddy
AG
Had to know that Amanda would make a dumb mistake right before the final to get eliminated. Not sure why she didn't pick Nany in what was likely going to be a physical challenge.

I love how Nelson is doing so much early celbrating when the final has just begun. CT is winning this, no doubt in my mind. Devon makes up a bunch of time in puzzles but he gets smoked on physical stuff and we know the majority of finals are physical. For the girls it's between Tori and Kayce.
MavsAg
AG
Great episode last night. I frankly don't see how CT doesn't win this one. For the girls, I think Tori is the clear favorite. Kaycee is too bad at math and puzzles. I think that will hold her back.
Quinn
AG
Everyone is being waaaay too friendly for being in a final. Need them to stop being so chummy. I guess none of the advantages matter at this point besides for determining teams?
Petrino1
Wow the season finale was yesterday and not one post on here. No wonder the ratings were so low this season.

A couple thoughts ** Spoilers **

- Happy for CT, but its just way too easy for him. He skated to the final again, didnt get sent to the elimination once. While all of the vets like Wes and Bananas always try to have this mastermind strategy, CT just sits back, plays nice, and lets everyone fight with each other. More vets need to follow this strategy.

- Hard not to put CT as best challenger of all time. Its amazing what hes doing in his 40's. I would take him over Bananas.

- Kyle was so close. I thought him and Tori had the win. Kyle has always been a bit underrated, but he really proved himself this season knocking out Nelly T and Ed and playing a solid game. I think hes starting to take his training seriously, and its showing. I think hes a serious contender to win a final one day, unlike Corey and Nelly T lol.

- Damn that was heart breaking watching Nelson after Kyle eliminated him. Very touching moment when TJ walked over to him and gave him some comforting words. Ive never seen TJ do that before, you can tell these guys truly care for each other. I went from hating Nelson to pulling for him this season.

- If Devin can get in better shape, he can be a serious threat to win a final one day. He doesnt take his training seriously and it showed when he gassed out in the final.

- This final was a little underwhelming/anti-climatic compared to past finals. It didnt seem that hard or challenging, but thats easy for me to say sitting at home watching it on tv lol. When people are passing out from exhaustion, thats when you know its a hard final!
Bunk Moreland
The season was downright bad. I hopped back in a few seasons ago but I think I might hop back out. It's obvious as can be production is negotiating contracts with cast members for some to leave early, stir the pot and set up storylines and push certain players.

As far as the final 6...I'm happy for all of them.
Quinn
AG
I enjoyed the season, even if it's a little slow and predictable. I like "hanging out" with these guys, so I'm happy to keep watching.

I would put CT as the best ever at this point. Johnny has more winning, but he has a couple team wins and was never the physical or puzzle threat that CT is. Will be interesting if Johnny feels the call to come back and try and reclaim his crown.

That was way too easy of a season for CT, I agree with that.
Petrino1
Bunk Moreland said:

The season was downright bad. I hopped back in a few seasons ago but I think I might hop back out. It's obvious as can be production is negotiating contracts with cast members for some to leave early, stir the pot and set up storylines and push certain players.

Agreed, too many rookies, lack of "famous" vets (Wes, Bananas, Leroy etc), and the season lasted way too long. Felt like the season was on all year lol.
Bunk Moreland
yeah it was a waltz for CT. The setup for him/Kayce to be partners at the end was too convenient. They needed to get Kayce on the championship level because she's going to be a castmember for the next decade +
David_Puddy
AG
ea1060 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Agreed, too many rookies, lack of "famous" vets (Wes, Bananas, Leroy etc), and the season lasted way too long. Felt like the season was on all year lol.

Didn't Leroy retire from the Challenge?
Petrino1
David_Puddy said:

ea1060 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Didn't Leroy retire from the Challenge?
He did retire but old school veterans like him were missed this season. Too many rookies.
MavsAg
AG
That had to be one of the easiest finals ever. No eating, they basically had a campout at night, and the second day all they did was the climb/puzzle. It was also horribly set up. The whole first day didn't matter because everyone started at the same time on day two. Hell, Kaycee was rewarded for finishing behind on day one because she got to pick CT for day two!

They need to stop bringing in so many rookies from overseas and get some pot stirrers back on the show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.