Batman - The Long Halloween (DC animated universe) (pt 1/pt 2)

652 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgfromHOU
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So part 2 appeared "online" today two weeks in advance of its formal release (yes, I do have it on preorder.) So i watched both aprts back-to-back

Many of the DC animated universe movies can be hit or miss, because they usually have to truncate a multi-issue storyline down into a 1.5 hour movie. By making this two movies, they are able to tell the much fuller, complete story of this acclaimed limited series.

And dammit, it is very well done. The character art style has changed from the standard art style of recent movies, but likely is only jarring if you watch the animated universe.

DC continues to change up voice actors in their recent movies, and in this one we get a new voice for Batman (Jensen Ackles) as well as for many other staple characters.

And most of the key story beats are here. It has been a decade or so since I read the miniseries, but it ties very closely to my recollection.

Definite recommend, especially back-to-back.

wangus12
AG
Link? I've been waiting on part 2 to drop
AgfromHOU
AG
Part 2 dropped digitally yesterday. I'm almost through it.
bluefire579
AG
Forgot they were doing this, going to have to check it out. One of my favorite Batman series.
C@LAg
wangus12 said:

Link? I've been waiting on part 2 to drop
torrents: everywhere
digital: places like Amazon.com
blu ray : Aug 10th.
C@LAg
AgfromHOU said:

Part 2 dropped digitally yesterday. I'm almost through it.
some changes re:Alberto, but i think they were for the better (given the 3 hour run time)
AgfromHOU
AG
Just finished. Really loved the two parter, especially the tease at the end with The Flash and Green Arrow.

Really hoping this leads to a Golden/Silver Age post WWII movie universe.

The changes in this were much better than the ones for Hush (which I also liked), and this might be my new favorite animated CBM.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.