Bob Odenkirk Hospitalized

10,031 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Gigem314
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If Bob's first tweet isn't "It's all good, man", then what does he even have it for?
TCTTS
AG
That would be incredible.
TexasAggies06
AG
TCTTS you would probably know, if it was something like a heart attack, do they ever have anyone with some sort of medical training on set in case of emergencies? Or would you just have to hope that someone in the cast or crew happened to know CPR? I would hate to think of them having to wait for an ambulance to arrive in a situation like that where every minute is critical. Really hoping this isn't anything serious, he seems like a genuinely good guy and is great in everything I've seen him in.
TCTTS
AG
Most productions of this magnitude have a medic on set, especially during Covid. I don't think it's a requirement, but I could be wrong. Either way, if they were shooting exteriors, in the heat, I guarantee you a medic was around. And if they were on a studio set, the studio almost assuredly had a medic somewhere on the grounds.
Sports-Ag
AG
Dang. Saw the thread this morning and thought like many it was exhaustion but just checking back now and still nothing is worrisome.

I heard him on Conan O'Brien needs a Friend podcast not to long ago. A good listen as him and Conan know each other for many years. Hope all is well.
oragator
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
While certainly not good, it at least sounds like he's gonna pull through.

Hope he's able to make a full recovery.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Yikes. Hope the news of him being out of the woods now is accurate.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Bunk Moreland
That's definitely a relief given the silence the last 24 hours. Let's hope it's true and he is on the mend
Complete Idiot
Man, this was bothering me more than I would have thought it would - really glad to hear he is OK.

Now, and not to be selfish or rush things or anything but...., when can he resume filming the conclusion to the TV show I like?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly I'll be relieved to get it at all. I would assume it's gonna be delayed a least another few months.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

The Debt
If Aaron Paul didnt show up to the ABQ hospital and suggest they test for ricin, he's not much a method actor.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

TCTTS
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Dang, my brother just sent me this clip about 3 days ago and I thought it was a great bit.

Hope he has a swift recovery.

aggietony2010
AG
Coming to this thread with 11 replies I feared the worst. Glad to hear the good news.
BadMoonRisin
AG
brilliant!
Complete Idiot
I do assume this will put an end to Nobody 2, which was in discussions
Sports-Ag
AG
**** yeah!!!
Stat Monitor Repairman
Bet he gets a raise out of the deal.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

What a bizarre thought to post. Dude could have died and you think he's going to work it into a pay raise?
Whos Juan
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

What a bizarre thought to post. Dude could have died and you think he's going to work it into a pay raise?
What Would Saul Do?
Wes97
AG
TexasAggies06 said:

TCTTS you would probably know, if it was something like a heart attack, do they ever have anyone with some sort of medical training on set in case of emergencies? Or would you just have to hope that someone in the cast or crew happened to know CPR? I would hate to think of them having to wait for an ambulance to arrive in a situation like that where every minute is critical. Really hoping this isn't anything serious, he seems like a genuinely good guy and is great in everything I've seen him in.

Most of those big media contracts require someone like that to always be on set. My cousin is a fireman/medic and he was hired for a couple of different movies that were filmed in the Austin area. Spy Kids was one of them, I think?

He said it was good money to mostly stand around handing out aspirin.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Whos Juan said:

Know Your Enemy said:

What Would Saul Do?
Saul would fake a heart attack in order to get a raise.
Ag 11
AG
Slippin Jimmy
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

That's far from the most bizarre thing about this thread.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
dave94
AG
Beat me to it! Great news!
KidDoc
AG
Wow thank God it happened at work and not at home or overnight or he could have died.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
It was actually a blast from Space Ghost that cleared up Bob's blockage:

aTmAg
AG
Surprised it didn't happen during the filming or training of Nobody.
nai06
AG
Wes97 said:

TexasAggies06 said:

Most of those big media contracts require someone like that to always be on set. My cousin is a fireman/medic and he was hired for a couple of different movies that were filmed in the Austin area. Spy Kids was one of them, I think?

He said it was good money to mostly stand around handing out aspirin.

The one time I was on set for a week the doctor for the film made specialized daily vitamin combos for the cast. Every morning we were handed a bottle of water, our vitamins, and a packet of emergen-c. It was weird but neat.
The D
AG
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.