Song Breakdowns - Christian James Hand

491 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by gggmann
caddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I admittedly do not know much about music other than I like to listen to it. I recently heard an interview with Christian James Hand on a podcast called Tom Talks. CJH apparently has been in the music business for quite sometime and he does a "show" on IG where takes a song and gets the studio feeds for all the instruments and goes through them. It is absolutely fascinating how some of the songs are constructed and how the instruments intertwine.

Has anybody listened to these breakdowns?

@thesessioniglive

Know Your Enemy
AG
I've been watching these sessions for almost a year now. I recommend them to everyone I know.
Ronnie
AG
I'll have to check this out.

CJH was formerly on Jason Ellis show on Sirius XM, and this was a bit on that show. They would often just isolate the vocal master, but I can see where he was influencing this.

Incidentally, I always recommend 2 podcasts to folks that like music stuff, and they are "The Tully Show" and "Bizarre Albums"

The Tully Show has a lot of other content and interviews, but his sitdowns with Mark McGrath of sugar ray are some real gold. McGrath you might think is a dooosh, and he probably is, but little known fact is he was a 3 time Rock and Roll Jeopardy winner, so they go pretty deep in musical history when they get together. It sounds like it would be uninteresting, but recently they went through the month by month album debuts of 1981 and those were all really interesting episodes for a music nerd or just a pop culture nerd. they have a great repartee.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Wonder if he'll do a little Dusty Hill tribute tonight after he finishes his Janet Jackson session. He did that last night with Slipknot after he did his scheduled breakdown of The Smiths.
gggmann
AG
Check out Rick Beato's youtube channel. He has a series called "What Makes this Song Great" where he does mix breakdowns as well. I think he has about 100 songs on there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.