A Few Good Men

3,945 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EllisCoAg
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stupid good movie. Obscenely good cast. Fish Drill Team on the intro. Arguably my favorite movie ever.
Gigem314
AG
Quincey P. Morris
AG
In my opinion the best cast part in history.
BoydCrowder13
Demi Moore's character is in the running for one of the worst characters in a great movie.
AR_Ag95
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Demi Moore's character is in the running for one of the worst characters in a great movie.

She makes up for it with this one scene. "Not on my watch!"

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Hold my beer.

The Dirty Sock
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Hold my beer.

Time for another contest bracket?
jackie childs
BoydCrowder13 said:

there are definitely issues with the character, but it would be really interesting to see that character with another actor in the role. demi is terribly miscast and in an otherwise brilliantly cast movie with a ton of strong performances, she just really stands out.

BoydCrowder13
jackie childs said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

there are definitely issues with the character, but it would be really interesting to see that character with another actor in the role. demi is terribly miscast and in an otherwise brilliantly cast movie with a ton of strong performances, she just really stands out.

Might have been better with another actress. The script bugged me though. Holier than thou character that constantly screws up, clearly the weakest member of the team.

Worst is her calling Caffee a coward for refusing to slander Jessup in court without evidence. Likely resulting in the end of his career. Baits him into doing so. Then the next day, minutes before trial, does a 180 and plants a little self doubt bomb in his brain. WTF was that? Up there with Jenny from Forest Gump as my least likable female character.
AtlAg05
AG
The Dirty Sock said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Hold my beer.

The hardest part would be getting consensus that the movie is a great movie to pick a bad character from.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Up there with Jenny from Forest Gump as my least likable female character.
My daddy's a psycho - Where's Forrest?
I'm ready to get high, get laid, and get the fuq outta Greenbow - Bye Forrest!

My boyfriend is an abusive a*hole - Where's Forrest?
I like drugs more than nice people - Bye Forrest!

My boyfriend slaps me around and my old friend is a national hero - Where's Forrest?
Well, the bus is leaving D.C. - Bye Forrest!

I thought about killing myself and I'm flat broke and coked out, plus I heard my old friend is now a multimillionaire - Where's Forrest?
I slept with that dummy and now I'm ashamed - Bye Forrest!

I've got AIDS, a son, and nobody to take care of him when I kick the bucket so I need some rich dummy to marry me - Where's Forrest?
Finally, I'm gonna croak and stop the 40 year mindjob I've been working on this guy - Bye Forrest!
SJEAg
AG
A true MVP for six degrees of Kevin Bacon.
h1ag
AG
SJEAg said:

A true MVP for six degrees of Kevin Bacon.
Definitely. If you can get to the 80's/early 90's, there's always an obvious Tom Cruise connection, then finish with A Few Good Men.
Furlock Bones
AG
Jenny is one of the worst characters of all time. But, she's not one of the most miscast.

Diaz was so far below the rest of the other actors in Gangs that I can't help but believe that Scorcese was forced to cast her by the studio.

I also think Blunt was horribly miscast in Sicario.
Chipotlemonger
AG
This would be a great bracket.
Proposition Joe
I thought Blunt was fine for Sicario. I don't love her as an actress but IMO the role was set for somewhat of a "fish out of water".
jackie childs
Furlock Bones said:

Jenny is one of the worst characters of all time. But, she's not one of the most miscast.

Diaz was so far below the rest of the other actors in Gangs that I can't help but believe that Scorcese was forced to cast her by the studio.

I also think Blunt was horribly miscast in Sicario.
i thought she was great in sicario
hunter2012
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Stupid good movie. Obscenely good cast. Fish Drill Team on the intro. Arguably my favorite movie ever.
Best movie to defend the Nuremberg Argument that I have ever scene...
Prosperdick
AG

bagger05
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

jackie childs said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Might have been better with another actress. The script bugged me though. Holier than thou character that constantly screws up, clearly the weakest member of the team.

Worst is her calling Caffee a coward for refusing to slander Jessup in court without evidence. Likely resulting in the end of his career. Baits him into doing so. Then the next day, minutes before trial, does a 180 and plants a little self doubt bomb in his brain. WTF was that? Up there with Jenny from Forest Gump as my least likable female character.
I read somewhere that in the play they had much more substantial evidence on Jessup but Kaffee was still too scared to go after him. Jo was the one who encouraged him to be brave and do what was right.

I believe in the original play the logbooks were not quite a smoking gun but were actual hard evidence that implicated Jessup.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Ranger #007 said:

I was at A&M when this movie came out. We couldn't get tickets for it at the Schulman Theater that first weekend because apparently the entire Corps of Cadets saw the movie multiple times that weekend.
Racer X
AG
Quote:

Quote:

BoydCrowder13 said:
Hold my beer.

Hold MY beer.

TXCityAggie
AG
This is one of those movies that I will automatically watch until the end if I am flipping channels and come across it.
Rudyjax
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Ranger #007 said:

I was at A&M when this movie came out. We couldn't get tickets for it at the Schulman Theater that first weekend because apparently the entire Corps of Cadets saw the movie multiple times that weekend.
LIes. I didn't see it then.
Gigem314
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Up there with Jenny from Forest Gump as my least likable female character.
My daddy's a psycho - Where's Forrest?
I'm ready to get high, get laid, and get the fuq outta Greenbow - Bye Forrest!

My boyfriend is an abusive a*hole - Where's Forrest?
I like drugs more than nice people - Bye Forrest!

My boyfriend slaps me around and my old friend is a national hero - Where's Forrest?
Well, the bus is leaving D.C. - Bye Forrest!

I thought about killing myself and I'm flat broke and coked out, plus I heard my old friend is now a multimillionaire - Where's Forrest?
I slept with that dummy and now I'm ashamed - Bye Forrest!

I've got AIDS, a son, and nobody to take care of him when I kick the bucket so I need some rich dummy to marry me - Where's Forrest?
Finally, I'm gonna croak and stop the 40 year mindjob I've been working on this guy - Bye Forrest!

MookieBlaylock
AG
AtlAg05 said:

The Dirty Sock said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Hold my beer.

The hardest part would be getting consensus that the movie is a great movie to pick a bad character from.

Yeah that is a bad movie
BoydCrowder13
bagger05 said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

jackie childs said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

I read somewhere that in the play they had much more substantial evidence on Jessup but Kaffee was still too scared to go after him. Jo was the one who encouraged him to be brave and do what was right.

I believe in the original play the logbooks were not quite a smoking gun but were actual hard evidence that implicated Jessup.
Not sure why they switched it then.

They made Jo an incompetent moron that was quick to put other people's careers on the line for a crusade.

Jessup, Caffee, Sam, Markinson, and even Jack were great characters. Dawson and Downey were fine.
Aston04
AG
I like the logbooks having no evidence because that means they had to trick Col. into ratting himself out.

I don't mind the character Galloway. They needed someone to push Kaffee into an ethical dilemma. I also like her being a poor trial attorney because that makes her need to get Kaffee on board.

I do think Demi was poorly cast though for this character.

To add to the list of poorly cast females in classic movies- I would add Julie Roberts in Ocean's 11. Poorly cast as the smoke show ex-wife.

Stive
AG
Was Demi Moore "miscast"? Or is she just a below average actress? I can't think of a movie where she just blew me away with the acting chops. She was smoking hot in the late 80's - 90's but never a very good actress.
West Point Aggie
AG
Stive said:

Was Demi Moore "miscast"? Or is she just a below average actress? I can't think of a movie where she just blew me away with the acting chops. She was smoking hot in the late 80's - 90's but never a very good actress.

I loved her in GI Jane-but I loved that awful flick to death so "suck my dick!" ;-) <- quote from that flick before anyone gets bent out of shape!
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
Prosperdick
AG
Stive said:

She was good in Ghost, you certainly could attach a faucet to her tear ducts, but seriously she was believable in grief.
Stive
AG
Forgot about Ghost...she was decent in that.
NukeAg10
AG
Stive said:

Kind of like Scarlett Johansson in avengers.
Nasreddin
Oh!!! You spoke to aunt Jenny! Does aunt Jenny have a barn? Because we could have the trial there. I could sew the costumes and her uncle goober could be the judge. /paraphrased but my favorite line from the movie
jeffk
AG
Reaaaaaally gotta hand it to those Federal Marshals....
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.