Have you guys started watching reaction videos during quarnatine?

7,914 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ghost91
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haha. I've watched some of No Life Shaq's hip hop reactions. This Lynyrd Skynyrd is different level though.
tysker
AG
'03ag said:

Not really the same but I ran across this video recently and have now watched it several times. Some here are already familiar with Larnell Lewis and/or Snarky Puppy. He listened to Enter Sandman for the first time. One time through. Then plays along.

Not only is the video itself awesome to watch, it's spawned a number of reaction videos from other drummers. Which I've also watched.

Not a reaction video but I'm not really familiar with Snarky Puppy and in catching up on Grammy winners this week that I didnt really know I came across their live cut of Lingus. And I was like, wait, I know that drummer from YouTube and that TexAgs thread....

What a great band. Sad I'm just now getting to know them.
From the comments apparently Lewis learned the set on the way to the show. Crazy if only partially true.
edit to add. also the piano solo might be one of the best things I have heard in months if not years.
fav13andac1)c
AG
It's the fact that these come off as so disingenuine that turns me off. You CANNOT tell me that you have never heard the song BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY.

If you enjoy these for entertainment, more power to you. A lot of people like to watch wrestling too.
Two Gun Corcoran
AG
People like affirmation
boy09
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

It's the fact that these come off as so disingenuine that turns me off. You CANNOT tell me that you have never heard the song BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY.

If you enjoy these for entertainment, more power to you. A lot of people like to watch wrestling too.

Find me a Lost In Vegas video that you don't think is genuine.
tk for tu juan
Movie movie game is a decent watch. Involves two clues to different movies, tv shows, or musicals, and the people have to guess them and mash the titles together

tk for tu juan
Quote:

From the comments apparently Lewis learned the set on the way to the show. Crazy if only partially true.
In his other Drumeo video he mentions he learned all but two songs for an album during a 7.5 hour flight to the recording session

DallasTeleAg
Two Gun Corcoran said:

People like affirmation
While true with many, I disagree this is why these videos are popular. People enjoy sharing things they love with other people.

I don't need affirmation about Stairway to Heaven from some rando on the internet. I do enjoy seeing someone's reaction, who has never heard it. Or experienced listening through Dark Side of the Moon for the first time.

And if people can't believe someone can't go 20 years having never listened all the way through some of these songs, you need to stop projecting. I consider my music knowledge to be greater than average, and there are still tones of songs I have never listened to. I've never once listened to a Justin Timberlake song. I have heard the hook "Cry me a river...", but that is it.

The same can be said for just about most of rap/hip hop or pop. I don't see why it is that much of a stretch to believe someone has gone so long without listening to a 70's rock song.
tysker
AG
boy09 said:

fav13andac1)c said:

Find me a Lost In Vegas video that you don't think is genuine.

I don't doubt most are genuine but if the response is always amazement it does come across as acting for the camera. Its like watching Diners Drive Ins and Dives; I'm sure the host likes the food just fine but it couldn't always be as good as he lets on. Then again, no one wants to watch videos of people dumping on things they love.
Two Gun Corcoran
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Two Gun Corcoran said:

People like affirmation
While true with many, I disagree this is why these videos are popular. People enjoy sharing

I don't need affirmation about Stairway to Heaven from some rando on the internet. I do enjoy seeing someone's reaction, who has never heard it. Or experienced listening through Dark Side of the Moon for the first time.

And if people can't believe someone can't go 20 years having never listened all the way through some of these songs, you need to stop projecting. I consider my music knowledge to be greater than average, and there are still tones of songs I have never listened to. I've never once listened to a Justin Timberlake song. I have heard the hook "Cry me a river...", but that is it.

The same can be said for just about most of rap/hip hop or pop. I don't see why it is that much of a stretch to believe someone has gone so long without listening to a 70's rock song.

Fair point. But as pointed out above, there isn't much of a market for negative reaction videos.

(Edited because I mistakenly embedded my reply in the quote)
PatAg
AG
Lost in Vegas is the only reaction channel that seems legitimate to me. No coincidence they were one of the first ones.
They don't overreact, they'll say if they aren't feeling something but will try to be respectful
They don't only do giant mainstream songs
mazag08
AG
Not going to lie..

This guy has a cool thing going.

He mostly reacts to prog rock and metal. He calls himself the decomposer as he's an aging composer who attempts to break down songs for the common man using common man language. He gives very elementary level insight into what might be happening in otherwise complicated songs.

Seriously. check him out. This is what reaction videos should all be like.

tk for tu juan
Group does the Rasputin dance on Just Dance 10 years after their initial viral video

Ghost91
cavok said:

I agree that the appeal is reliving a moment that affected you and experiencing it again through someone else's eyes. I compare it to watching Return of the Jedi for the first time with my 8 year old daughters. I turned around and watched/filmed their reactions to "Luke, I am your father" rather than watching the movie. That moment of shock in their eyes took me right back to when I was their age.

Uhhhh, what?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.