*** 2021 Hard Rock & Metal ***

10,671 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 62strat
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TriumphForks said:

These guys are releasing a new album in May. I stumbled upon them a couple of months ago and am looking forward to hearing more of this

Their first album is so good.
Spyderman
AG
I'm 65 yo and have sampled a lot of music. Has anyone to date approached Therion? Heard them about 2 years ago and they greatly exceed anything I listened to growing up and anything more modern as well.

They continue to amaze. The alpha in the genre IMO along with Nightwish. Something is in the water over in Scandanavia.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
62strat
AG
Spyderman said:

I'm 65 yo and have sampled a lot of music. Has anyone to date approached Therion? Heard them about 2 years ago and they greatly exceed anything I listened to growing up and anything more modern as well.

They continue to amaze. The alpha in the genre IMO along with Nightwish. Something is in the water over in Scandanavia.
I used to dig a song by them on a compilation album called beauty in darkness vol. 1, called To Mega Therion.
I'm talking like 1996 when I was in high school lol.

Can't believe those guys (and gals?) are still around, and that they came up on this thread! It was the same compilation that exposed me to in flames and dissection.

Had to do a quick google on that album name.. yep

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Beauty-In-Darkness/release/369555
Spyderman
AG
62strat said:

Spyderman said:

I used to dig a song by them on a compilation album called beauty in darkness vol. 1, called To Mega Therion.

Can't believe those guys (and gals?) are still around, and that they came up on this thread! It was the same compilation that exposed me to in flames and dissection.

I could go on and on and on about these kids. Best group I've ever heard. They released an album in 2020...Leviathan (got my Therion Lev shirt on right now..lol) Its very good.

20 years old..from Wacken in 2001:

Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
62strat
AG
Spyderman said:

62strat said:

Spyderman said:

I could go on and on and on about these kids. Best group I've ever heard. They released an album in 2020...Leviathan (got my Therion Lev shirt on right now..lol) Its very good.

Big Cat `93
AG
Huge VOLA fan. Can't wait to hear the new one.
Spyderman
AG
62strat said:

Spyderman said:

62strat said:

Spyderman said:

Not bad at all-thanks

The greater good?
62strat
AG
Spyderman said:

62strat said:

Spyderman said:

62strat said:

Spyderman said:

Not bad at all-thanks

That's weird I swear I typed before that link, 'sounds like draconian times era paradise lost!'

Anyway you get the drift I guess.
Big Cat `93
AG
Liquid Tension Experiment 3 is out today, and it's for real.
TriumphForks
AG
Big Cat `93 said:

Listening as we speak.
zgood10
AG
TriumphForks said:

Big Cat `93 said:

Listening as we speak.
Same
TheCougarHunter
AG
Hank iv has a new album coming out
62strat
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Hank iv has a new album coming out
looks like it's 'IV' as his name is Coleman not hank.
Spyderman
AG

The greater good?
astros4545
AG
Damn

New Chevelle album is damn good
Spyderman
AG

The greater good?
tk for tu juan
Who's ready for tomorrow (or 12am EDT)?

tk for tu juan
The official music video of The Chant with the Fortitude lead-in track being the fortitude to put your kid in a shipping crate for a chance to save their life.

62strat
AG
Not new, but it's relevant to today.

Big Cat `93
AG
The new VOLA album is well up to their standards. They are so good at making music that is both heavy and beautiful.
62strat
AG
Big Cat `93 said:

The new VOLA album is well up to their standards. They are so good at making music that is both heavy and beautiful.
and also good at making music that's impossible to believe is in 4/4 time!
TriumphForks
AG
62strat said:

Big Cat `93 said:

and also good at making music that's impossible to believe is in 4/4 time!
The beauty of polyrhythms. The amount of concentration and coordination required to play like that is insane. It's a hallmark of a lot of these bands who were inspired by meshuggah. Ironically I don't even like meshuggah but I love a lot of these bands who derive from them.
62strat
AG
Dang.. dude's been in that band forever. Officially 'Dave and hired guns' now.

https://loudwire.com/megadeth-david-ellefson-split-statement-2021/?fbclid=IwAR0ZSmFDDiR0h4Y2uTTY455GfwaheklWUyBKII0wotsF5-RIW43Y7kuHwMA
tk for tu juan
From a tight jam to a heavy jam
62strat
AG
Ho-lee-chit

They had my money at Chris Stapleton.
tk for tu juan
Damn, that is awesome. 7 LPs for the vinyl version
62strat
AG
Track list;
Alessia Cara & The Warning / Enter Sandman
Mac DeMarco / Enter Sandman
Ghost / Enter Sandman
Juanes / Enter Sandman
Rina Sawayama / Enter Sandman
Weezer / Enter Sandman
Sam Fender / Sad But True (Live)
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit / Sad But True
Mexican Institute of Sound feat. La Perla & Gera MX / Sad But True
Royal Blood / Sad But True
St. Vincent / Sad But True
White Reaper / Sad But True
YB / Sad But True
Biffy Clyro / Holier Than Thou
The Chats / Holier Than Thou
OFF! / Holier Than Thou
PUP / Holier Than Thou
Corey Taylor / Holier Than Thou
Cage The Elephant / The Unforgiven
Vishal Dadlani, DIVINE, Shor Police / The Unforgiven
Diet Cig / The Unforgiven
Flatbush Zombies feat. DJ Scratch / The Unforgiven
Ha*Ash / The Unforgiven
Jos Madero / The Unforgiven
Moses Sumney / The Unforgiven
J Balvin / Wherever I May Roam
Chase & Status feat. BackRoad Gee / Wherever I May Roam
The Neptunes / Wherever I May Roam
Jon Pardi / Wherever I May Roam
SebastiAn / Don't Tread on Else Matters
Portugal. The Man feat. Aaron Beam / Don't Tread on Me
Volbeat / Don't Tread on Me
The HU / Through the Never
Tomi Ow / Through the Never
Phoebe Bridgers / Nothing Else Matters
Miley Cyrus feat. Watt, Elton John, Yo-Yo Ma, Robert Trujillo, Chad Smith / Nothing Else Matters
Dave Gahan / Nothing Else Matters
Mickey Guyton / Nothing Else Matters
Dermot Kennedy / Nothing Else Matters
Mon Laferte / Nothing Else Matters
Igor Levit / Nothing Else Matters
My Morning Jacket / Nothing Else Matters
PG Roxette / Nothing Else Matters
Darius Rucker / Nothing Else Matters
Chris Stapleton / Nothing Else Matters
TRESOR / Nothing Else Matters
Goodnight, Texas / Of Wolf and Man
IDLES / The God That Failed
Imelda May / The God That Failed
Cherry Glazerr / My Friend of Misery
Iza / My Friend of Misery
Kamasi Washington / My Friend of Misery
Rodrigo y Gabriela / The Struggle Within

Dang, NEM with 12 renditions.
Looking forward to Volbeat, stapleton, isbell, portugal, and ghost, although ghost already did sandman live a few years back, so I assume it's same version.

Also pretty much all the Unforgiven versions as its my favorite track on the album, and the song that pushed me to buy the black album and become the lifelong metallica nut that I am today.

Big Cat `93
AG
Wow, Kamasi. Definitely want to hear that one.
62strat
AG

astros4545
AG
New song dropped by maybe the greatest modern era Prog metalists

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - Fix The Error - YouTube

Also, this is the first release from COLORS 2...Yes, a followup album to their transcendent original Colors album is coming in August
tk for tu juan
Some Zappa influence. Nice drum breakdown. Is the drummer playing the cowbell with his right foot or is there a separate person playing it?
astros4545
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Some Zappa influence. Nice drum breakdown. Is the drummer playing the cowbell with his right foot or is there a separate person playing it?
There were four drummers on that track apparently

Also out of context the song is tough as it will surely work better within the context of the album, where its surely supposed to flow as one long song like the original Colors album was
astros4545
AG
tk for tu juan
Realized I typed right foot, meant left foot
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
62strat said:

Pretty good. Miley could have crushed in the alternative scene if she was born 20 years before she was.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.