The Office - Product Recall Episode

2,860 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Fat Bib Fortuna
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This episode was on Comedy Central last night. I don't think it's the greatest episode of all time, but the sheer number of things in it is pretty amazing. Consider:

Cold open where Jim impersonates Dwight, complete with "What kind of bear is best?" and the immortal "Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica (which I have as a T-shirt).

The watermark drawing of "Donald Duck" banging "Mickey Mouse"

Creed laments that he's supposed to do 4 hours of QA a week at the paper mill, and the one year he blows it off, this happens.

Kelly's reaction to hearing she's going to be training Oscar, Kevin, and Angela, and her and Kevin's ensuing British and Australian accents.

Creed going into damage control, calling the mill to see who was absent the previous week and pinning the entire situation on that person, ending with him buying a card for her when she gets fired, having everyone contribute money to the card, then trashing the card and keeping the money.

Michael's proposed headline for the story that the Scranton paper will do on his press conference: Scranton Area Paper Company, Dunder Mifflin, Apologizes to Valued Client; Some Companies Still Know How Business is Done."

The reporter from the paper gets a Level 3 security badge from Dwight, who tells him don't be too excited because there are 20 security levels.

Dwight tells the angry customer who is disgusted by the watermark that the sex appeared to be consensual because both animals were smiling.

Michael's apology video ends with an ultimatum

Andy and Jim with the school principal:

Principal:
The issue with the watermark is very serious.
Jim Halpert:
Absolutely.
Principal:
We teach our students that character counts.
Jim Halpert:
And you should--
Andy:
Pfft. You don't teach it well enough. One of your students is a *****.

Michael invoking the term "Threat Level Midnight" for the first time.

Dwight's closing impersonation of Jim.

Karen:
Hey, Dwight. Lookin' sharp.
Dwight Schrute:
Yeah that's because I'm your boyfriend Jim Halpert. Hey Karen, wanna get together later and sexual intercourse 'cuz you're my girlfriend.

Dwight Schrute:
I'm Jim Halpert.
Jim Halpert:
Spot on.
Dwight Schrute:
Yuhh, little comment, mmmh.

Btron
AG
"Beer me that CD"
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Lord, beer me strength.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
That was probably the episode when Creed became my favorite character.
PDWT_12
AG
Safety Training and Product Recall is probably one of my favorite back-to-back comedy episodes of all time.

The whole back half of Season 3 is an incredible stretch. Business School, The Negotiation, Phyllis's Wedding, Back From Vacation, Traveling Salesmen and The Return, plus the two I already mentioned and the other episodes I'm too lazy to list. All culminating into Jim asking Pam if she's free for dinner. Love it.
boy09
AG
PDWT_12 said:

Safety Training and Product Recall is probably one of my favorite back-to-back comedy episodes of all time.
The Deposition followed by Dinner Party imo
PDWT_12
AG
Hard to argue against that pick.
Belton Ag
AG
This episode had one of the greatest exchanges in the show's run. Don't know why but I laugh out every single time I see or read this:

Michael: Everybody in here. STAT. No time to lose. Cri-Man-Squa. F and C, doubletime.

Dwight: Cri-Man-Squa?

Michael: Crisis Management Squad.

Ryan: F and C, doubletime?

Michael: Front and Center. Twice as fast as you would normally go. Any other questions?

Jim: One more. Why are you talking like that?

Michael: To save time, Jim.

Karen: Actually I think you could make the argument that it wastes time.

Pam: Yeah, she has a good point. I mean, for example, with the last thing you said, by the time you explained it, it actually took up more time.
Johnsy3
AG
My favorite episode, just ahead of Dinner Party
Tanya 93
Johnsy3 said:

The most uncomfortable episode ever
Farmer1906
AG
It had a quality TWSS. He was so conflicted.

Quote:

No, no. I need two men on this. That's what she said. No time! But she did. NO TIME! Guys, get on this.
Johnsy3
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Johnsy3 said:

More uncomfortable than Scott's Tots?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hey Mr. Scott, what ya gonna do? What ya gonna do to make our zdreams come true?
Beat40
Belton Ag said:

This episode had one of the greatest exchanges in the show's run. Don't know why but I laugh out every single time I see or read this:

Michael: Everybody in here. STAT. No time to lose. Cri-Man-Squa. F and C, doubletime.

Dwight: Cri-Man-Squa?

Michael: Crisis Management Squad.

Ryan: F and C, doubletime?

Michael: Front and Center. Twice as fast as you would normally go. Any other questions?

Jim: One more. Why are you talking like that?

Michael: To save time, Jim.

Karen: Actually I think you could make the argument that it wastes time.

Pam: Yeah, she has a good point. I mean, for example, with the last thing you said, by the time you explained it, it actually took up more time.

That exchange is really good. Only negative to the exchange is using Karen and Pam to explain the joke.
Johnsy3
AG
Jim: You got any music?

Andy: Yeah, why didn't you say so? Ah RI-DI-DO-DO give me the beat, boys, and free my soul, I wanna get lost in your rock and rock and drift away-e-yay *scatting*

Jim: I was thinking something like a CD or...a CD

Andy: Your call, dude
double aught
AG
Johnsy3 said:

Jim: You got any music?

Andy: Yeah, why didn't you say so? Ah RI-DI-DO-DO give me the beat, boys, and free my soul, I wanna get lost in your rock and rock and drift away-e-yay *scatting*

Jim: I was thinking something like a CD or...a CD

Andy: Your call, dude
Then he sings "free my little ol' soul" for the second verse, after that scatting. Kills me.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Literally came here to post about Andy's adlibbed singing in the car. The funniest detail in a funny ass episode.
HoustonAg2106
AG
When Andy and Jim find out Andy's girlfriend is in high school:

Andy: I had no idea...

Jim: Well....that's not going to hold up in court

Andy: We didn't do anything illegal Jim...except knock over a mailbox with her friends
PDWT_12
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

When Andy and Jim find out Andy's girlfriend is in high school:

Andy: I had no idea...

Jim: Well....that's not going to hold up in court

Andy: We didn't do anything illegal Jim...except knock over a mailbox with her friends

"Oh, is she the teacher in the white?"

"No, she's a part-time frozen yogurt chef."
JYDog90
AG

Quote:

This day is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Formerly Willy Wonka
aggieactor01
AG
Johnsy3 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Johnsy3 said:

More uncomfortable than Scott's Tots?

I can't watch that one again. It's too uncomfortable. Brilliant TV but I just can't do it.
DallasTeleAg
That is up there as one of my favorites. However, I have to give Conflict Resolution my #1 tag. The nickels in the handset makes me lose it, to this day.
bigjag19
AG
Definitely cemented Creed as the most outstanding non major character.

Stress relief is my favorite still.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Michael Scott:
If I could leave you with one thought, remember, it wasn't me. They're trying to make me an escape goat. If I am fired, I swear to God that every single piece of copier paper in this town is going to have the F-word on it. The F-word. You have one day.
Pam Beesly:
One day for what?
Michael Scott:
That's-- they always give a ultimatum.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.