The ULTIMATE Best Film of the 70s-00s Tournament and Best Decade

3,704 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure I get all that and am open to considering it is just changing demographics of voters. Or even watchability although I'd watch Godfather in full before I'd watch Office Space in full again. I flip by both on TV sometimes and I'm more likely to stop down and watch Godfather than Office Space for longer anyway and I do love Office Space. But again it is "more" in my wheelhouse. I mean I was born in 66 but certainly did not see Godfather when I was 6; more like 18 when I could finally rent it (we used to rent movies on VHS kids... uhh VHS means tape.. ugh I sound old).

Anyway all that is well and good.

My surprise comes from the fact that on here since I've been on here (the early 00s) two movies Godfather and Empire have dominated every poll. And it hasn't been close. This shift is very very recent.

It used to be joked on here that any movie poll you started we knew it was going to be ESB or Godfather.

Those days are now over it appears.

PS - I'm fine with Raiders. Love the movie. And I'm actually one of those purists that loves SW (the original) more than ESB. Many of us who actually were of the right age to see SW in the theater at 9-12 years old maybe tend to have that preference. It was just such a mind bending awakening. There was nothing like that before. Sci-fi was stupid guys in robot costumes, saucers on strings, giant creatures on a miniature model set, or confusing and too adult like 2001. Then came SW and everything changed.

Bruce Almighty
AG
ESB has always dominated polls. My guess is this is a combination of fewer votes due to "poll fatigue" and people not wanting to see ESB win again.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I must say I'm a bit surprised to see TESB lose.

But my favorite two movies, in order, are The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark. No real issue with the result of that poll.
jkag89
It is an either or situation for me. Same poll a couple of months ago I'd might have opted for ESB, this time I voted for Raiders.
Zombie Jon Snow
Zombie Jon Snow
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ok so poll fatigue apparently has done us all in. Only 19 bothered voting.

But never again let it be said that any movie poll is gonna be ESB or Godfather.

The new Texags Movie champ is.........

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
This was how Indy mowed down everyone.

And Godfathers reaction

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.