Last movie seen in a theater before Covid?

2,740 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Furlock Bones
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Gentleman

Great movie if you are interested. Probably 20 minutes too long.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Joker

Did not particularly enjoy it. Made a strong statement, but I wanted entertainment and it did not provide that for me.
LeonardSkinner
The Way Back.

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Not a Bot
AG
The Impractical Jokers Movie.

Absolutely love the show (have a soft spot for Q as a Tell Em Steve-Dave listener since almost the beginning), but the movie was just poorly done and completely unnecessary.
Drawkcab
Johnny2Fan said:

I'm now at the episode for the Dynamite ambush. Charlie also ends up not dying yet under water.

Wrong thread, man.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Don't remember which I saw last, but it was either 1917 or The Rise of Skywalker (4th viewing)
YNWA_AG
AG
Had amc a list so I was seeing a lot movies. Last movie was the invisible man
Ag Since 83
AG
The Gentlemen

I picked it over Birds of Prey
HoustonAg2106
AG
Birds of Prey and 1917 double feature
toucan82
Invisible Man
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The Invisible Man.

Only saw it because I knew it would be my last for awhile. Was really impressed with how well it was done.
Ulrich
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Don't remember which I saw last, but it was either 1917 or The Rise of Skywalker (4th viewing)

These are the last two movies I saw, can't remember which was last.
bushytailed
AG
Onward
The Kraken
AG
Pretty sure it was 1917. Seems forever ago.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Fat Bib Fortuna
Going to see The Empire Strikes Back tomorrow afternoon with my brother.
ro828
Last new movie seen in a theater: KNIVES OUT. Last movie seen in a theater: Marilyn Monroe in HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE at the Queen in downtown Bryan.
Furlock Bones
AG
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man, some of you guys pick the weirdest movies to see in theaters. You saw Solo, but not Rise of Skywalker or Endgame?
schmendeler
AG
i know i saw 1917 in a theater, and that was a great time. that might be the last one, as i can't remember seeing anything after that.
Furlock Bones
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Man, some of you guys pick the weirdest movies to see in theaters. You saw Solo, but not Rise of Skywalker or Endgame?
i hate the theater these days. i have a theater room with 110 inch wide cinescope screen with a JVC projector that has auto zoom to go back and forth, and i have kiddo.

prior to Solo, we saw Rogue one in the theaters.

i really wanted to go see 1917 at the Bullock Theater on the laser projector, but just never got the time.
Furlock Bones
AG
still have not seen Rise of Skywalker.
Batzarro
AG
schmendeler
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

i hate the theater these days. i have a theater room with 110 inch wide cinescope screen with a JVC projector that has auto zoom to go back and forth, and i have kiddo.

i really wanted to go see 1917 at the Bullock Theater on the laser projector, but just never got the time.
what is auto zoom?
Furlock Bones
AG
schmendeler said:

Furlock Bones said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

what is auto zoom?
i can zoom the image in and out via remote. so, in normal tv watching mode i have it set at 16:9 aspect ration. but, if i'm watching a widescreen movie, i can zoom in and fill the entire screen with the picture. makes for a more dramatic, immersive theater like watching experience. most projectors don't come with that feature. your basically stuck at whatever aspec ratio you prefer.
schmendeler
AG
Furlock Bones said:

schmendeler said:

Furlock Bones said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

what is auto zoom?
i can zoom the image in and out via remote. so, in normal tv watching mode i have it set at 16:9 aspect ration. but, if i'm watching a widescreen movie, i can zoom in and fill the entire screen with the picture. makes for a more dramatic theater like watching experience. most projectors don't come with that feature. your basically stuck at whatever aspec ratio you prefer.
what is the ratio of the screen? if you have a film that is super-wide, and you zoom in to fill a 16:9 screen, won't you be cutting off the left and right edges of the image, and/or having part of it projected on the walls on either side of the screen?
Furlock Bones
AG
schmendeler said:

Furlock Bones said:

schmendeler said:

Furlock Bones said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

what is auto zoom?
i can zoom the image in and out via remote. so, in normal tv watching mode i have it set at 16:9 aspect ration. but, if i'm watching a widescreen movie, i can zoom in and fill the entire screen with the picture. makes for a more dramatic theater like watching experience. most projectors don't come with that feature. your basically stuck at whatever aspec ratio you prefer.
what is the ratio of the screen? if you have a film that is super-wide, and you zoom in to fill a 16:9 screen, won't you be cutting off the left and right edges of the image, and/or having part of it projected on the walls on either side of the screen?
my screen is a wide screen and the wall is painted black. so, it is projecting the black boxes on the wall when zoomed. but, they are not visible.

i do get black bars on the screen for 16:9. but, it doesn't bother me. there are people that have made curtains that they close in to fill that area of the screen. i haven't gone that far yet.
Farmer1906
AG
I believe it was Onward at the end of Feb. I went and saw Sonic around the same time. The last adult movie was Knives Out.
schmendeler
AG
Furlock Bones said:

schmendeler said:

Furlock Bones said:

schmendeler said:

Furlock Bones said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

what is auto zoom?
my screen is a wide screen and the wall is painted black. so, it is projecting the black boxes on the wall when zoomed. but, they are not visible.

i do get black bars on the screen for 16:9. but, it doesn't bother me. there are people that have made curtains that they close in to fill that area of the screen. i haven't gone that far yet.
i see, so the screen is wider than 16:9. cool!
Furlock Bones
AG
schmendeler said:

Furlock Bones said:

schmendeler said:

Furlock Bones said:

schmendeler said:

Furlock Bones said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

what is auto zoom?

i see, so the screen is wider than 16:9. cool!
yep. i have a picture somewhere on my phone from when i originally set it up. see if i can find it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.