Back to the Future - Reunited Apart

3,655 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tk for tu juan
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Josh Gad reunites the BTTF cast. How did I miss that there was a BTTF musical coming?

policywonk98
AG
Smiled the whole time watching it earlier today. Same with the Goonies one.

Genius ending. I won't spoil it.
Frok
AG
No Biff
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Great Scott! That was awesome.

Marty's daughter does look like Reba McEntire. Hysterical.

If I'm honest, I'm a little bummed that Crispin Glover wasn't on it, but I realized there was probably like a 0.0001% of that happening once Bob Gale popped up. Oh well...

And I'm just now realizing Tom Wilson wasn't there either. Now that is definitely a weird omission.

Still, great video. Thanks for posting.
oragator
Really cool.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Here's Biff's portion.
62strat
AG
Who are the people singing the song?
Fairview
AG
Claudia Wells (Marty's girlfriend in the first movie) at the end after the credits was great.

Elizabeth Shue is still a smoke show.
PatAg
AG
62strat said:

I guess they are the cast of the musical? Maybe I zoned out, but they didn't really come right out and say it.
k20dub
AG
That was AWESOME!
Gigem314
AG
That was incredible. So cool of the cast and filmmakers to join on that! So much fun.

If had to pick one movie/trilogy as my all-time favorite...it's BTTF. The first non-kid movie I discovered growing up. It still sticks with me all these years. It's like going home.

Fantastic job by Josh Gad.

("I loved you in Jumanji" ....hahaha)
Prosperdick
AG
Fairview said:

Claudia Wells (Marty's girlfriend in the first movie) at the end after the credits was great.

Elizabeth Shue is still a smoke show.

Except she said "it's like Doc Brown always said if you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything."

But it was George McFly who said it.
Gigem314
AG
Looks like Josh also did one for The Goonies...and it's pretty amazing too.

aggieactor01
AG
PatAg said:

62strat said:

I guess they are the cast of the musical? Maybe I zoned out, but they didn't really come right out and say it.
It's a cast of Back to the Future The Musical. The show had just opened in the West End in London when COVID-19 shut everything down.

Roger Bart was playing Doc (who doesn't make an appearance in that song but does in the video from the musical media team), the kid singing the bulk of Power of Love was playing Marty.

A friend is in the show and I've been following along his posts about it otherwise I wouldn't have caught it either. They say it very quickly right before the song starts.

https://www.backtothefuturemusical.com/

Their youtube channel where they have a bunch of interviews, some with the cast of the film
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJwcwTT6WqrZC4TeNwlpg3A

Video of just the song with a message from Roger Bart at the end:

Yoda
AG
Frok said:

No Biff
Fairview
AG
"Hey Gad, say hi to your mom for me."

tk for tu juan
Haha, nice
tk for tu juan
Seeing Sean Astin in the Goonies reunited apart reminds me that we are approaching the 30th anniversary of Memphis Belle this year
Velvet Jones
AG
Lea Thompson is 59 and still jaw-dropping gorgeous.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Lorraine at 47, vs Lea at 54.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I rewatched the trilogy on Netflix this weekend (I've seen them all countless times before), but of course I noticed new things now as an older adult, as well as seeing them all in HD for the first time. Wanted to share.

- Marty's band was rejected for the dance in 1985, and he gets to make up for it in 1955 when he plays at the Enchanment Under the Sea Dance. Nice little setup/payoff that I never noticed before.

- George's reaction after Marty plays Johnny B Goode is absolutely hilarious. (Could never see it before HD.) He is looking around and smiling, while everyone else is confused. Small little detail but I rewinded it twice it made me laugh so hard.

- In BTTF2, there are four Deloreans in 1955. (The original one from 1, Old Biff's, the one Doc and Marty used to go back, and the one buried in the mine by Doc in 1885.)

- Anyone notice we never learn what Doc does in 2015? We see all our main characters in the future, but we never see or learn what Doc did in that original future. I find that a bit odd.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thinking on it further, Doc would likely be dead by then. I tend to forget that Doc is supposed to be much older in 1985, but he looks basically the same.
Daveintx
Ghostbusters reunited posts today!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, the climaxes in BTTF 1 and 3 (Clocktower scene, train scene) are both masterclasses in tension.
tk for tu juan
The end to this one is really good

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.