New King Arthur brought to you by Netflix

2,626 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rhutton125
The Debt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
astros4545
AG
Doesn't look very Arthury
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
I guess it's about as historically accurate as Jesus brought to you by Western Civilization.
Proc92
Neat. Good to finally correct those xenophobic dark age rubes. This will show them. Or, is this just as stupid as those bigoted paintings?
nai06
AG
All I want to know is how does it compare to King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. The Charlie Hunnam version from 2014. You know the one that had bow and arrow Gatling guns and modern style body armor.
HeadGames
AG
Diversity is our strength my dudes. 3 years from now we'll gender swap all "historical" roles. However, the anime Series Fate May have already done that.

I'd say we'd go the animal route after that, but I think the PBS show wishbone already had a Jack Russel terrier play the king.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Proc92 said:

Neat. Good to finally correct those xenophobic dark age rubes. This will show them. Or, is this just as stupid as those bigoted paintings?

Whoosh.

The point being that it's inconsequential as hell. If you get your jimmies rustled by either one of those things, it may be time to switch to Sanka
LHIOB
AG
HeadGames said:

Diversity is our strength my dudes. 3 years from now we'll gender swap all "historical" roles. However, the anime Series Fate May have already done that.

I'd say we'd go the animal route after that, but I think the PBS show wishbone already had a Jack Russel terrier play the king.

Disney did that in the 70s
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I for one, just can't wait for the MLK Jr. biopic, I Have A Dream, directed by and starring Sean Penn.
Fat Bib Fortuna
12 years a slave remake with Adam Sandler as the slave and Chris Rock as his master.
The Debt
Ya know I would love to see what Dustin Diamond would do with Kunta Kinte
Ulrich
nai06 said:

All I want to know is how does it compare to King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. The Charlie Hunnam version from 2014. You know the one that had bow and arrow Gatling guns and modern style body armor.

Sounds a lot like the Robin Hood with the guy from Kingsman, which was a horrible movie on the merits AND had half a dozen clumsy political messages shoved in.
chipotle
Excuse me while I whip this out
bluefire579
AG
While I don't get bent out of shape about these kinds of things, I find this an odd choice. I'm all for better minority representation in media, but if you want to go with the historical/mythical route, there are so many choices you could make. There are great stories like Gilgamesh or Arabian Nights, or great historical figures like Mansa Musa or Queen of Sheba who have their own mystery around them, and these are just scratched the surface.

King Arthur is played out. Tell some different stories. Build some interest around different things instead of pounding the Arthurian legend into the ground.
Fat Bib Fortuna
I love Idris Elba, but I'm still pissed about them casting him as Roland of GIlead. Somethings just don't make any sense.
bluefire579
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I love Idris Elba, but I'm still pissed about them casting him as Roland of GIlead. Somethings just don't make any sense.
I personally thought that casting was fine. I was more pissed that the movie was *****
chipotle
Get ready for The Rock to portray Ariel in Disney's Live action The Little Mermaid.
Fat Bib Fortuna
bluefire579 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I personally thought that casting was fine. I was more pissed that the movie was *****
Well that too, but seeing how an enormous plot point of the 2nd book is that another major character doesn't trust Roland because he's white, it seemed like it was going to be a long term problem.
Fat Bib Fortuna
chipotle said:

Get ready for The Rock to portray Ariel in Disney's Live action The Little Mermaid.
Ah yes, when TexAgs threatened to burn to the ground last summer because of a Disney movie.

nai06
AG
Ulrich said:

nai06 said:

Sounds a lot like the Robin Hood with the guy from Kingsman, which was a horrible movie on the merits AND had half a dozen clumsy political messages shoved in.
Ahh I think thats the one I was thinking of. Both were outrageous
Bruce Almighty
AG
Meh, if he can pull of a British accent, it'll be more realistic that Kevin Costner as Robin Hood or Collin Farrell as Alexander the Great.
The Debt
Bruce Almighty said:

Meh, if he can pull of a British accent, it'll be more realistic that Kevin Costner as Robin Hood or Collin Farrell as Alexander the Great.

First of all, actors play roles not accents. If they are focused on the accent it becomes the focus of their performance for the audience.

Secondly, what accent do you expect out of an Alexander? English? "Foreign"? Even if he did a modern greek accent, that wouldnt be accurate because that's not how attic greek sounded. The language has gone through massive changes since the Macedonian empire.

Despite my gripes with Troy, at least there werent hokey accents.
Bruce Almighty
AG
My post was meant for sarcasm
HeadGames
AG
I'd watch that.
agdoc2001
AG
Already been done better.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
WestAustinAg
AG
Champ Bailey said:

I for one, just can't wait for the MLK Jr. biopic, I Have A Dream, directed by and starring Sean Penn.
You mean Sean Aston...
rhutton125
AG
I'm still waiting for the definitive version of the King Arthur story on film. This... probably won't be it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.