Post Malone - Nirvana Tribute

6,522 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by johnnyblaze36
TexAg2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aust Ag said:

Howard Stern was talking this up yesterday, saying he was blown away by it and it gave him a "rush" that he hasn't felt in years listening to music. I kind of felt the same way. He also said, like many here, that he didn't give Malone hardly any thought (he thought he was just another tatted up rapper), but now he's totally up for listening to what else the guy has recorded.
I'm a huge Nirvana fan....I finally watched this today and thought it was great!

Some of Post Malone's songs on the radio are catchy, but just like Stern, I never gave him much thought. I'll definitely be looking for some of his other recordings now. The silence between songs and his banter felt very awkward, but their song performance was great.
End Of Message
AG
I never post on the EB, and I have never paid much attention to Post Malone.

But this and his podcasts with Dwight Yoakum have made me realize that he is an incredibly talented musician.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
TexAg2001
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

I never post on the EB, and I have never paid much attention to Post Malone.

But this and his podcasts with Dwight Yoakum have made me realize that he is an incredibly talented musician.
I had the same realization with Lady Gaga. When she first became popular, her over the top outfits and personality immediately turned me off. Then I came across some of her acoustic performances where it was just her singing and playing the piano and realized how talented she really is. Here's a good example:

NoahAg
I've heard of Post Malone but couldn't tell you a single song. Pretty good on this tribute. I think Grohl would approve.
Kanyes psychiatrist
I have seen him sing and play guitar before, both of which he is incredibly talented at. I always figured him using rap to break through was a page out of Kid Rock playbook. He will eventually make some country and rock albums. Ab artist with his talent can make any genre he wants. Plus he will get into acting. I predict he will play Stevie Ray Vaugh in the eventual bio pic.
Jim01
AG
He already is acting. He's in that new Netflix movie "Spencer"
Aust Ag
AG
Kanyes psychiatrist said:

I have seen him sing and play guitar before, both of which he is incredibly talented at. I always figured him using rap to break through was a page out of Kid Rock playbook. He will eventually make some country and rock albums. Ab artist with his talent can make any genre he wants. Plus he will get into acting. I predict he will play Stevie Ray Vaugh in the eventual bio pic.
Not with all those facial tats he's not.
Vernada
AG
Once I got past his appearance and actually listened to his music, I realized he is really good.
Kanyes psychiatrist
Aust Ag said:

Kanyes psychiatrist said:

Not with all those facial tats he's not.
Make up. It's Hollywood. If you don't think they can cover that up then you don't know the power of Hollywood.
Kanyes psychiatrist
Jim01 said:

He already is acting. He's in that new Netflix movie "Spencer"

I saw that. We will see more of him in other roles too.
62strat
AG
Vernada said:

Once I got past his appearance and actually listened to his music, I realized he is really good.
lol I learned to not judge an artist by their appearance when I was like 11.

Getting into heavy music young will do that to you I guess.

BadMoonRisin
AG
BadMoonRisin
AG
AG
BadMoonRisin
AG
Posty is coming for the swifty crowd.

Country crossover?
Jim01
AG
The Swifty crowd? She hasn't been country in a few albums. His music was more Swifty as it was then this would be.

I love Post as a person, but musically I wish he did a bit more with his talent sometimes. This is a perfect example. The guy has chops to make a really decent old school country album but instead he decides to make a throw away bro country song. I'm sure many will enjoy it, it's just not for me.
Yellerjacket
Jim01 said:

The Swifty crowd? She hasn't been country in a few albums. His music was more Swifty as it was then this would be.

I love Post as a person, but musically I wish he did a bit more with his talent sometimes. This is a perfect example. The guy has chops to make a really decent old school country album but instead he decides to make a throw away bro country song. I'm sure many will enjoy it, it's just not for me.
Yeah, that's pretty bad. I hoped he would make a country album, but not this junk.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I like it!
Yellerjacket
Jimmy McNulty said:

I like it!
A lot of people will. To each his own!
Jimmy McNulty
AG
And I don't generally like bro country.
JoCoAg09
AG
Jim01 said:

You might like "Never Love You Again" (it's the first one in the video)

johnnyblaze36
AG
Jim01 said:

I thought the album "Austin" was a nice departure from his previous material (fan of all of it) but the song with Morgan Wallen is not for me either but I'm one that does not get the appeal of that guy's music at all.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.