Post Malone - Nirvana Tribute

6,487 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by johnnyblaze36
aggierogue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty damn good:

J182
AG
I'm not the biggest Post Malone fan, but I was digging that. I was just thinking that maybe all of these quarantine concerts going on might revive some interest in playing instruments.
👽
FaceMask
Wow! Seriously very well done. After Puddle of Mud especially, this sounds excellent.
TXAG 05
AG
Love that they are wearing dresses and started right off the bat with Frances Farmer. One of my favorite Nirvana songs
JYDog90
AG
I originally thought the guy was a hack but I must admit, I'm beginning to respect the guy.
Formerly Willy Wonka
JCA1
AG
Willy Wonka said:

I originally thought the guy was a hack but I must admit, I'm beginning to respect the guy.

Me as well. My moment was when he performed during an Elvis tribute in a full-on embroidered western suit in canary yellow.
aggierogue
AG
Willy Wonka said:

24 year old rapper who grew up listening to Nirvana and an cover all their songs. Pretty rare imo.

Loved seeing Travis Barker on the drums too.

I already liked some of Post Malone's music, but this made me respect him even more. Even my brother who hates rap music thought this was pretty cool.
Woody2006
AG
I bet his B.O. is overwhelming
beanbean
Travis Barker is fun to watch on the drums. Dude is a ball of energy.
E
AG
Listening to it right now, pretty damn good!
gggmann
AG
He's on a couple of songs on Ozzy's new album.

PatAg
AG
aggierogue said:

Willy Wonka said:

24 year old rapper who grew up listening to Nirvana and an cover all their songs. Pretty rare imo.

Loved seeing Travis Barker on the drums too.

I already liked some of Post Malone's music, but this made me respect him even more. Even my brother who hates rap music thought this was pretty cool.

I've randomly seen about 5-10 youtube videos of him back stage and he is always rocking out to various types of rock music and hip hop.
Exsurge Domine
Whoa, something in the way sounded better than the original
johnnyblaze36
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

Whoa, something in the way sounded better than the original
Stop it.
cc10106
I don't know his music, but that was good, even if the vocals don't touch Kurt's. I'd like to hear an Aneurysm cover as well.
Eliminatus
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Hot damn, I agree! Ended up listening to a good chunk of this.
Counterpoint
AG
Wow, I always thought he was just mostly autotune effects.
ORAggieFan
Strangely, my kids have got me a bit into him. Dude has crazy talent. Love how diverse his musical tastes are.
beanbean
cc10106 said:

I don't know his music, but that was good, even if the vocals don't touch Kurt's. I'd like to hear an Aneurysm cover as well.

I was disappointed they didn't do Aneurysm.
atag
AG
The dude just has pure joy in what he does. Its refreshing to see.
proudest member of the fightin texas aggie class of 2005.
Ag_07
AG
Post Malone is crazy talented and while I'm not a fan of his rap (I guess that's what it is) I'm a fan of his overall talent.

He's appeared multiple times on Dwight Yoakum's podcast and played guitar and sang with him.

He can do pretty much anything
Seven Costanza
AG
Counterpoint said:

Wow, I always thought he was just mostly autotune effects.
T-Pain is another one. That dude can sing.
aggierogue
AG
Ag_07 said:

Post Malone is crazy talented and while I'm not a fan of his rap (I guess that's what it is) I'm a fan of his overall talent.

He's appeared multiple times on Dwight Yoakum's podcast and played guitar and sang with him.

He can do pretty much anything
Dwight has a podcast? You learn something new every day.
Ag_07
AG
Actually I may be wrong. I think it's just a weekly show on Sirius XM.

Good listen though.

Post Malone has been on a few times and they shoot the breeze about country music and jam. Like I said PM could do any genre he wants.
Mr. White
"Drain You" is my favorite of the show.

Man, he's going to regret (ragret) those tattoos some day.
JCA1
AG
atag said:

No doubt. I haven't listened to him too much but this sent me down a rabbit hole. There's a great clip of him at some awards show singing Shania Twain at the top of his lungs. Dude is just an unabashed music lover.
Redstone
AG
Speaking of Dwight, get Second Hand Heart. WOW. One of my favorite albums of all time.

atag
AG
JCA1 said:

atag said:

No doubt. I haven't listened to him too much but this sent me down a rabbit hole. There's a great clip of him at some awards show singing Shania Twain at the top of his lungs. Dude is just an unabashed music lover.

Yeah even just life in general. I realized I was a fan when he took Jimmy Fallon to Olive garden.
proudest member of the fightin texas aggie class of 2005.
TresPuertas
AG
I've been a fan of his for a long long time and he has the rare ability to change his spots and completely blow you away.

And this is coming from someone who isn't the biggest fan of rap. He is so insanely smart and talented you just love to see someone like him with so much success.
62strat
AG
This sounds like seether to me.. who also covers nirvana often.
PatAg
AG
TresPuertas said:

I've been a fan of his for a long long time and he has the rare ability to change his spots and completely blow you away.

And this is coming from someone who isn't the biggest fan of rap. He is so insanely smart and talented you just love to see someone like him with so much success.
well, in the interest of being clear, his rap is not indicative of his talent. It's smart in how generic and pop it is, though.
rhutton125
AG
I preferred the radio when it was Pre Malone

Nah he's alright. I'll give this a listen sometime.
Jim01
AG
Agreed. Which is why I have a love/hate with his albums.

"Beer Bongs & Bentleys" has some crazy catchy songs and I really like that album, but it's 18 songs long and each song is like 4-5 minutes. It's a long haul to listen to in one sitting.

Then for "Hollywood's Bleeding" he corrected the length but in the wrong way. Still a lot of songs but now each one is a 2-3 minute obvious attempt at a hit. It's a regression.

I feel like with his wide array of influences (country, grunge, rap) and his talent, he is someone who has it in him to really put out something unique and fresh. Sadly he's currently just using that talent to aim for hits. And while the man can construct a catchy song, I just wish he would open things up artistically.
Diggity
AG
very entertaining setlist and execution. Love watching Travis whale on those drums like he's still 20.

Post Malone's BS during the breaks was awful, but I'll forgive him because that show gave me some faith that kids still listen to rock music.
Aust Ag
AG
Howard Stern was talking this up yesterday, saying he was blown away by it and it gave him a "rush" that he hasn't felt in years listening to music. I kind of felt the same way. He also said, like many here, that he didn't give Malone hardly any thought (he thought he was just another tatted up rapper), but now he's totally up for listening to what else the guy has recorded.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.