*** Upload ***

5,579 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by oragator
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

Upload is an upcoming American science fiction comedy satire web television series created by Greg Daniels set to premiere May 1, 2020 on Prime Video.

Upload is set in a future where "humans are able to 'upload' themselves into their preferred choice of afterlife. When Nathan meets his early death, he is greeted by Nora in his version of heaven. The series follows the two as Nathan grows accustomed to life away from his loved ones, and the alive Nora struggles to stay afloat working her job alongside Nathan in the afterlife."

The trailer looks solid, but anything Greg Daniels touches turns to gold for me. I hadn't heard of this until I listened to an Office Ladies podcast (Booze Cruise) that had Greg on a guest. With as much time as we're spending at home, I will definitely be giving this a shot.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This is the only version of afterlife I'm down with.

Farmer1906
AG
This was released on Amazon Prime today. Ep1 was pretty good. A few laughs. A few misses. Feel like they're laying some seeds to take it kind of serious. I the futuristic world it's building. Feels real and all as crazy scifi.
jeffk
AG
Watching the first episode. Pretty funny, I like the leads. Interested to see where they take it.
Aggie4242
This show was fantastic. Way deeper than the previews make it and sets up a pretty great cliffhanger for season 2. Binged it all yesterday. Hilarious.
Farmer1906
AG
Finished this morning. Really enjoyed it. They built a very interesting future. It was like a rom com that was actually funny and enjoyable. They really started getting serious the last few episodes. It's going to be a pain to wait for season 2 because of where it was going and left off.
JoCoAg09
AG
I finished this last night and was sad it ended...especially like that. I definitely can't wait until [hopefully] season 2. I do wish the episodes would have been a little longer.
wealeat09
AG
I described it to a friend as Silicon Valley meets Boack Mirror. I really enjoyed it.
BEaggie08
AG
Wow. Really enjoyed this show. Creates interesting conversation as well.
AgShaun00
AG
I think s1 was more of the opening chapter to this. So much room to go and very little advancement of the overall story on why he is dead. I enjoyed it. Can't tell if the GF is good or not. Dad obviously not.
Saxsoon
AG
This felt like a more comedic drawn out episode of Black mirror crossed with the good place and I am here for it. So good. I rolled my eyes initially at the potential mystery element but it really sucked me in.

Panera Facebook Aeon
AT&T&T
Disney Eternal
So much to laugh at
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Aggie4242
Saxsoon said:

This felt like a more comedic drawn out episode of Black mirror crossed with the good place and I am here for it. So good. I rolled my eyes initially at the potential mystery element but it really sucked me in.

Panera Facebook Aeon
AT&T&T
Disney Eternal
So much to laugh at
My fave crossover was Oscar Meyer Intel, especially because of what they were sponsoring.

Trying to figure out what two companies made up Horizon. Has to be Verizon and not sure who.

Also, I wonder how you become a 3 generation unlimited data family since this is set in 2033? I also wish they would have explained the water pressure problem. Maybe due to water rationing?
jeffk
AG
What mash-up was Taco Bell?
JoCoAg09
AG
jeffk said:

What mash-up was Taco Bell?
Nokia Taco Bell I'm pretty sure...just need to find the Yo Quiero Taco Bell dog and you've got yourself a commercial!
jeffk
AG
Finished the gray market episode last night. So many great gags in the background.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Just finished episode 1. Pretty good
JRB78
AG
A little over halfway through it. I'm really enjoying it, and needed something to watch since my free HBO ran out at the end of April.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Was the pilot filmed 4 years b4 the 2nd episode? The leads look much older
The Milkman
AG
We finished it last night and both the wife and I really enjoyed it. However, we both had the same thought of why did they need to inject so many strange sex themes/scenes? Just didn't seem to fit with the tone of the rest of the show
MookieBlaylock
AG
I knew I recognized the plot of this show
It is Ghost
The Kraken
AG
Watched this past week, really enjoyed it!
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
GiveEmHellBill
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Was the pilot filmed 4 years b4 the 2nd episode? The leads look much older

I've only seen the first two episodes this morning and I immediately noticed something was up from the first to second episode, especially Nora.
mazag08
AG
I really enjoyed that. When I first saw the trailer I rolled my eyes and kept scrolling. My wife decided to put it on while I was tucking the baby in. She went to Sleep and I binged the whole season.

I can't imagine a worse hell than 2 gig world.

Also, as a Christian, I definitely rolled my eyes at what seemed like a direct advertisement against Christianity at multiple points. But then Nora's dad had just as much airtime seemingly supporting it. What a breath of fresh air that both viewpoints are presented. Hope they keep it that way.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Finished season 1 this morning. I love this show! There are so many great one liners, but it also has actual depth.
King moto moto
AG

Halfway through and really enjoying it. The military guy and his angel make me laugh all the time, especially the fingers and dick episode.
MW03
AG
Surprised this show isn't getting more traction. Has kind of an Idiocracy vibe.
double aught
AG
Seven episodes in. I'm really enjoying it. It's pretty funny with some nice heartfelt moments. And the mystery surrounding Nathan's death is intriguing too.
BoxingAg84
Just binged the whole thing. Man, this has my mind all over the place. Definitely makes me wonder if things like this are already in the works. Hell, we might even be uploaded right now and don't even know it. The show was brilliant. I watched one episode, and before I knew it, I was 6 episodes down. Can't wait for the next season.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Really enjoyed this show. Wife liked it as well. Sets up great for future seasons.
GIF Reactor
AG
I know I'm late to the party on this one as usual, but I just finished season #1 and really enjoyed it. Ready for season #2, whenever that may be.
NASAg03
Definitely developed well over the season with steadily increasing complexity, thought provoking, cute, funny, but not too deep or serious.

The soul discussion was deep, and capped when they looked at the ginger AI and both said "well he doesn't have a soul. "
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Marsh
oragator
Just catching up now before season 2, which is hopefully soon, and I really really like it.

It's kind of like the good place, and that's a good thing. Great original premise, good comedy, good chemistry with the leads, Hope more people hop on so it gets a season 3.
Rudyjax
AG
oragator said:

Just catching up now before season 2, which is hopefully soon, and I really really like it.

It's kind of like the good place, and that's a good thing. Great original premise, good comedy, good chemistry with the leads, Hope more people hop on so it gets a season 3.

Season 2 date?
oragator
No date, yet, but speculated for early 2022.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.