*** THE SECRET OF SKINWALKER RANCH ***

35,146 Views | 225 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Rocagnante
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cannot wait for this. Skinwalker Ranch has creeped me the hell out for years.

Debuts March 31 on History, following The Curse of Oak Island...

Quote:

Gaining full and unprecedented access to one of the most infamous and secretive hotspots of paranormal and UFO-related activities on earth, The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch will feature a team of scientists and experts who will conduct a thorough search of this infamous 512-acre property located in Utah's Uinta Basin. They will attempt to find out the truth behind more than 200 years of mysteries - involving everything from UFO sightings and paranormal activities to animal mutilations and Native American legends of a shape-shifting creature known simply as The Skinwalker.

TCTTS
AG
(And before the inevitable, "You actually think this is real?!" posts that always accompany threads on History Channel-esque shows, yes, we are all well aware that liberties are taken in these ventures. Thank you for explaining to us that reality TV doesn't always reflect reality, decades after we all learned this fact.)
Urban Ag
AG
Just thankful this wasn't a documentary about a swingers party hosted by George Lucas for role playing SW nerds.
Another Doug
AG
Urban Ag said:

Just thankful this wasn't a documentary about a swingers party hosted by George Lucas for role playing SW nerds.
javajaws
AG
Urban Ag said:

Actually, that's what I was hoping for.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Redstone
AG
As my posts on Politics have detailed, I'm definitely open to those sorts of mysteries.

However, television tends to take a LOT of "liberties." Ratings and buzz rule all in that medium. We should be cautious.

"Reality" tv is often anything but, from The Real World until now.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Topic was not what I was expecting
The Collective
AG
Urban Ag said:

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I thought staff was screwing with a TCTTS thread title again.....
TCTTS
hph6203
AG
Planning on approaching this ranch without a sense of reverence in the near future, will report back.
Liquid Wrench
At the risk of pulling a Redstone, I really did listen to Coast to Coast AM for years, especially back in college when pulling all-nighters. George Knapp is a master at asking questions and hinting at mysteries without ever really saying anything. I'm increasingly of the opinion that he's behind a lot of the "mysteries" he reports on, and cultivates eccentrics to try to spark interest in desert real estate.
TCTTS
AG
Please tell me someone else watched the premiere tonight.

Because I am all in. Not so much because of the phenomenon/ranch... but because of this weirdo cast. They're so self-serious, awkward, and bizarre. Remember the bizarro episode of Seinfeld? Bizarro Jerry, George, etc? This cast is like that, except bizarro versions of normal human beings. And not at all funny. I don't know how else to explain it. That, and the rich owner of the ranch is one of the cheesiest creepers I've seen in a long time. No way that dude doesn't have some kind of secret, underground lair beneath the ranch where he jerks off to ghosts or something.

Never mind the ranch - really, the show itself is cobbled together so strangely. Everything about it feels like 15 degrees off. It's your standard History Channel series, no doubt, but seemingly made by interns with a C-team cast. It really is incredible.

Toward the end of the episode there's a bunch of bickering about digging on the property, and this sh*t head security guard guy is convinced bad things happen when they do dig, he's such an ass, and it's some of the weirdest low-key drama ever. Then there's this big secret reveal of a confidential case that's handled in the creepiest, most hilarious way possible by Mormon McCreeper, the aforementioned owner. It's just amazing and I loved every minute of it.
Shakes the Clown
I can't wait to watch this!!

Love the entire premise of paranormal and aliens and portals.
Shakes the Clown

A must watch!
Copperpot
AG
I'm in. Watching tonight.
Coppell97
AG
I'm all in on this.
Redstone
AG
It's safe to say that with this show, as with all "reality" shows, that some serious liberties are going to be taken. As an LA guy, I'm sure you are aware of this, but it is important to keep this in mind.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks, Jonathan.
FearNoWeevil
AG
Oh my...
TCTTS
AG
Ha, right?
Coppell97
AG
I love the cast in this. I agree with you TCTTS. The show is not supposed to be funny, but the unintentional comedy from the drama makes the show even better. I am all in for this ride. And the mysteries of the ranch are interesting. Travis Taylor seems like an everyman astrophysicist and his reactions and commentary will add to the comedy. Dragon the security guard is hilarious. Loved the "no digging." My kids are all quoting this, this morning and we are all laughing. The reveal of the case was funny too. We are all having a good time guessing what's in the case.
Ag_07
AG
If you're really into the ranch and it's paranormal activity itself give The Last Podcast on the Left a listen.

They have a 2 or 3 part series on Skinwalker and start from the very beginning and go through all the crazy stuff that has happened, investigations conducted, and overall history of the ranch.

It's wild stuff for sure.
Orbital Debris
AG
I worked for BA (NOT BA-ASS) for a few years when RTB (Robert T. Bigelow) owned the ranch. Our security guys used to rotate out to the ranch. "Dragon" is nothing compared to those guys. I would never have approached the ranch back then, but these guys are a laugh.

Never heard of the 'do not dig'. The NIDS guys were a little more credible. Some carried over to BA-ASS but it was a joke and about as adept as the average ghost hunter reality show. But overall still more credible than the guys on the show.

Interesting that RTB sold it off to the Mormon mafia. Activity had reached a lull, and his interest waned.
TCTTS
AG
Coppell97 said:

I love the cast in this. I agree with you TCTTS. The show is not supposed to be funny, but the unintentional comedy from the drama makes the show even better. I am all in for this ride. And the mysteries of the ranch are interesting. Travis Taylor seems like an everyman astrophysicist and his reactions and commentary will add to the comedy. Dragon the security guard is hilarious. Loved the "no digging." My kids are all quoting this, this morning and we are all laughing. The reveal of the case was funny too. We are all having a good time guessing what's in the case.

So glad to hear I'm not the only one.
TCTTS
AG
Orbital Debris said:

I worked for BA (NOT BA-ASS) for a few years when RTB (Robert T. Bigelow) owned the ranch. Our security guys used to rotate out to the ranch. "Dragon" is nothing compared to those guys. I would never have approached the ranch back then, but these guys are a laugh.

Never heard of the 'do not dig'. The NIDS guys were a little more credible. Some carried over to BA-ASS but it was a joke and about as adept as the average ghost hunter reality show. But overall still more credible than the guys on the show.

Interesting that RTB sold it off to the Mormon mafia. Activity had reached a lull, and his interest waned.

Very interesting.

Also, "Mormon mafia" is hilarious.
Coppell97
AG
Here's a good article on happenings, theories at the Ranch:

http://theghostdiaries.com/skinwalker-ranch-the-most-top-secret-paranormal-mystery-of-the-century/
Orbital Debris
AG
No slight to the LDS church, it is just that the brethren tend to look after their own in business dealings. The business owner seemed a bit too scripted. It would not surprise me to know that he was a paper tiger held up to explain Adamantium holdings.

Given that they spent the whole first hour without mentioning the orbs makes it seem like they haven't encountered much, but maybe they have to draw it out for the season.
Coppell97
AG
Alright, one more day to guess what's in the case. So what is in the case? And will it be legit?
Coppell97
AG
Case contents guesses:

- unknown alien metal

- something that shows the ground is radioactive

- a letter from Dragon that says '"Don't Dig"

- something from an Indian burial ground (they only moved the headstones)

- something disappointing

- maybe they don't even show us and call it "too sensitive" and we just see people's reactions.
TCTTS
AG
Coppell97
AG
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are an hour away from greatness.
Coppell97
AG
Wasn't pleased what was in the case. But I'm liking the show. Good episode. It is entertaining with them following and observing the phenomena with these cast of characters.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, much better than last week. More focused on the ranch/phenomenon rather than the personalities. Though, Dragon is still such a tool, and I can't wait until his inevitable altercation with Travis.
Coppell97
AG
Agreed. Dragon is a punk. But makes a punchable villain or foil in this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.