LEGO Master

10,065 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Quad Dog
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The bridge episode delivered. I just wish they would have kept adding weight to the strongest two to find out how much they could really hold.
IrishAg
wessimo said:

The bridge episode delivered. I just wish they would have kept adding weight to the strongest two to find out how much they could really hold.
Agreed, the bridge episode was fun to watch!

Last weeks episode with the city being built was kind of odd, and I'm beginning to wonder if the directors added the "twist" after the fact because of the 2 builds that broke during the moving of the sets (including one of the top builder teams). It seemed odd that they had 14 hours to do one thing and then a random 4 hour twist that everyone seemed to be randomly judged more on than the 14 hour part. Plus the ending seemed to be extra drama filled, it was the first time that at least one judge looked upset and they didn't show anyone after the decision (every other episode the team voted off is shown hugging it out with everyone, judges, Will, and other contestants).
tk for tu juan
The other couple should have won. I think the master builders were just embarrassed that a bridge without technic pieces performed so well. They talked down the bridge for most of the episode as just being pretty.

All the truss bridges didn't spend enough time on the bridge deck to primary framing to truss connections, or on the lateral load at the top chord. Still cannot figure what the losing team was trying to do; no deck support until it deflects two inches?
aggie0959
I had the feeling she was upset because it was they last all girl team left.
MooreTrucker
AG
wessimo said:

So how did that turn out? We missed the last 5 minutes or so because of a special report thing at the beginning. How much did the lumberjack's bridge hold, and who went after them?
tx1c
AG
MooreTrucker said:

wessimo said:

So how did that turn out? We missed the last 5 minutes or so because of a special report thing at the beginning. How much did the lumberjack's bridge hold, and who went after them?
We had to watch an episode on demand for a similar reason.
Check that, unless you just want an answer. Then it'll be here soon enough.
MooreTrucker
AG
Nah, just answers:

• Did anyone beat the 1000 lb. mark?
  • Which one went home - the gay guys or the guys that got DQ's?
  • Is there any doubt that the young married couple is going to win this thing?

07ag
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Nah, just answers:

• Did anyone beat the 1000 lb. mark?
  • Which one went home - the gay guys or the guys that got DQ's?
  • Is there any doubt that the young married couple is going to win this thing?

iirc they stopped 2 teams at 1000 for safety reasons
dq's
https://ts.la/eric59704
MooreTrucker
AG
Who was the second 1000 lb team?
Quad Dog
AG
The married couple and the bearded guys both stopped adding weight at 1000 lbs. The bearded guys did have some cracks in their bridge though that the couple didn't. The bearded guys were chosen as the winner because they had a cooler design. IMO they are the top two teams, they mix the story telling, creativity, and engineering the best.
The non couple man/woman are probably the most creative, but they don't always do the engineering well. Where the non bearded guys are great at the engineering stuff, but don't always get the story part.
MooreTrucker
AG
Quad Dog said:

The married couple and the bearded guys both stopped adding weight at 1000 lbs. The bearded guys did have some cracks in their bridge though that the couple didn't. The bearded guys were chosen as the winner because they had a cooler design. IMO they are the top two teams, they mix the story telling, creativity, and engineering the best.
The non couple "man"/woman are probably the most creative, but they don't always do the engineering well. Where the non bearded guys are great at the engineering stuff, but don't always get the story part.
FIFY
Quad Dog
AG
We probably should learn/look up their names.
MooreTrucker
AG
Oh I know the names but I'll never admit it here.

Uh oh.....
BowSowy
AG
tk for tu juan said:

The other couple should have won. I think the master builders were just embarrassed that a bridge without technic pieces performed so well. They talked down the bridge for most of the episode as just being pretty.

All the truss bridges didn't spend enough time on the bridge deck to primary framing to truss connections, or on the lateral load at the top chord. Still cannot figure what the losing team was trying to do; no deck support until it deflects two inches?
I get why they limited it to a certain weight. I wish they would've done some sort of impact testing to break the tie
AgShaun00
AG
Who is the idiot to preview next weeks episode with the final three before the reveal.
MooreTrucker
AG
I think we missed an episode somehow. Last week was the bridge building episode, right? I thought Mel and Jermaine went home in that one, but the gay guys aren't there either. What happened to them?

Also, there was a scene at the beginning where Sam was yelling at Jessica about "I built it so it's mine" that I don't remember from last week and wasn't in this week.
aggie0959
You missed the storybook episode
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Love this show...

Don't like the team with the guy who wears the dress... way too much drama.

On the other hand, mad respect for all 3 of the other teams for their designs and story telling... I will hate seeing any of them dismissed. I just love watching these teams build, I think this stems from my time as a kid watching my oldest brother (MouthBQ98) build with Lego. I was never good at it but he could make anything.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
BowSowy
AG
Is anyone still watching this? I never thought Sam and Jessica would make it this far, but they've been really good here lately. I'm excited for the finale
Coppell97
AG
The show is good. Feel like they kept 3 for the finals to save Tyler and Amy. It's a good call. They along with Mark and Boone have been top builders all season. The other team has shown amazing improvement. Good call to keep all 3. Keeps it interesting too. Get to see more builds.
AgShaun00
AG
Coppell97 said:

The show is good. Feel like they kept 3 for the finals to save Tyler and Amy. It's a good call. They along with Mark and Boone have been top builders all season. The other team has shown amazing improvement. Good call to keep all 3. Keeps it interesting too. Get to see more builds.
Exactly. They needed Tyler and Amy. Sam and Jessica could have meltdown in finale and ruin it all. They were drop two teams all season and needed them in finale.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Can't stand Sam and Jessica. She seems okay, but Sam is a mental case.

You have to look at body of work, and S&J have been teetering on elimination so many times. They can't have 1 miracle build at the end to win it. The other 2 teams have been top notch and won multiple builds each.

(Christian and Aaron should not have been let go in Ep 8, they're builds over the season were superior to Sam and Jessica and even Ep8 I though they did a better job, but oh well)
BowSowy
AG
Christian and Aaron always kind of annoyed me because I got the impression that Aaron was the mastermind behind it and Christian was just there for the ride.

I agree that Mark/Boone or Tyler/Amy should win it based on body of work, but I think keeping Sam/Jessica around adds some level of intrigue. I think they also appeal to more artistic-minded people. Either way, the finale should be fun. I think Mark/Boone are going to win it
Quad Dog
AG
The Attack on Hoth was the obvious choice to build because you get to build an AT-AT. But there wasn't much else to go on besides that, and the only colors used are gray and white. The lack of color really ended up biting them. The Attack on Hoth ended up being a trap for Tyler and Amy
Flashdiaz
AG

Attack on Crait would not have been my choice due to my Star Wars OT love but it turned out to be a fantastic choice. The build looked great.
MooreTrucker
AG
I loved the way Will announced that none were going home.

"Jamie, I'm your father. And no one is leaving tonight."

Will Arnett is the best part of this show.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I've really enjoyed watching this. I wonder what the ratings are and if there is potential for more seasons.
hoosierAG
AG
Not sure on ratings, but Arnett announced a couple shows ago that the golden brick would return in season 2 with a little dramatic effect to boot. So at least another season.
Quad Dog
AG
Reality shows and game shows are everywhere on TV right now because they are cheap and get decent ratings. I'd expect this to stay around for a while. This show has to be cheap to make: you have the crew, the set, Arnett's salary, some money to the Lego expert judges, and $100,00 prize money. (Which by the way, seems a little low to me.) I bet they get all the Lego for free because the show is basically a big Lego commercial.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
hoosierAG said:

Not sure on ratings, but Arnett announced a couple shows ago that the golden brick would return in season 2 with a little dramatic effect to boot. So at least another season.

My take on the tone and delivery there was that Will Arnett was using the golden brick to "plea" for a season 2. Like that "Well see you again... in Season 2..." was meant for the producers and Fox Channel decision makers
JYDog90
AG
Anyone notice that Brad Pitt is the Exec Producer?
Formerly Willy Wonka
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't watched, but I think the right team won last night. They were just consistently good. Second place didn't really show that much imagination with the final build. Third place was just lucky to be there.
JYDog90
AG
I agree. I thought 2nd place did what they did every week. Third place did the best of their ability and it was cool.
Formerly Willy Wonka
AgShaun00
AG
they were lucky they weren't eliminated last week,but my guess is the producers wanted to keep them. Finale needed 3 teams.

the best team won with the best build. I thought it was pretty awesome. My whole family thought theirs was the best easily.

I really enjoyed it and it was something the whole family could watch together
JYDog90
AG
I agree our youngest son has been forced to watch stuff he has no interest in or go upstairs and watch something by himself because it's "not appropriate" for him. I loved watching this with him as a family because it was his.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.