LEGO Master

10,077 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Quad Dog
jamesf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was a little corny, but Will Arnett is funny and a lot of the humor is from them being self aware that they are a corny game/reality show. If you have any kids who are into Lego, they will probably enjoy it.
Vernada
AG
My kids can't wait to watch. It comes on too late for them to watch it live - plus, who watches TV live anyway?
Texaggie7nine
Was hoping it wouldn't fall into the same exact format as other reality contest shows, but it did. They are so interchangeable nowadays.

Would have liked for it to get more involved with the contestants and show more of the building process.
7nine
IrishAg
Texaggie7nine said:

Was hoping it wouldn't fall into the same exact format as other reality contest shows, but it did. They are so interchangeable nowadays.

Would have liked for it to get more involved with the contestants and show more of the building process.
I think they did well, I would like to have been more involved with the builds but that would be extremely difficult since it was a 15 hour build in 1 episode, not sure how much more time they could give without it just being a camera watching people put bricks together. Maybe if they spread it across multiple episodes? But you would probably lose interest by general population, so I think they struck a good balance.

I will say, my wife and I really wanted the lumberjack's build to work, that looked insane (also having them move complex builds without even sweeping the floor seems like something would end in disaster, and I would prefer to see the finished product over unexpected disasters).
Flashdiaz
AG
watched it with my kids and we enjoyed it. Next weeks episode where they break stuff should be good.

Do agree that they should focus more on the build process though.

They should also make them walk around barefoot as an added parent obstacle.
IrishAg
Flashdiaz said:

They should also make them walk around barefoot as an added parent obstacle.

HA! One of the weekly extra challenges!
boy09
AG
It was pretty funny to see a couple of the teams realize that they are in WAY over their heads. A few of the teams seen to just be on a completely different level.
mazag08
AG
This will likely be more enjoyable than 99% of the crap Hollywood attempts to throw at us.
Muy
AG
Vernada said:

My kids can't wait to watch. It comes on too late for them to watch it live - plus, who watches TV live anyway?

It's recorded regardless.
lunchbox
IrishAg said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I think they did well, I would like to have been more involved with the builds but that would be extremely difficult since it was a 15 hour build in 1 episode, not sure how much more time they could give without it just being a camera watching people put bricks together. Maybe if they spread it across multiple episodes? But you would probably lose interest by general population, so I think they struck a good balance.

I will say, my wife and I really wanted the lumberjack's build to work, that looked insane (also having them move complex builds without even sweeping the floor seems like something would end in disaster, and I would prefer to see the finished product over unexpected disasters).
I'd have been OK with some time lapses of the builds...
YouBet
AG
Watched for a while. Thought it was a little boring.
AgGrad99
AG
Me and my boys enjoyed it.
wessimo
AG
I watched the Australian version with the family when we were they last May and it was great. So far it looks like the American version is sticking to the same script. The smash/blow up episode next week should be good.

My favorite episode from the Aussie version was the contest to build the strongest bridge - that one definitely put some distance between the artists and the engineers.
JJxvi
AG
tk for tu juan
Definitely hope that duck lover is voted off early.
BowSowy
AG
I enjoyed last night's episode, although Flower Power scolding his partner was awkward.
wessimo
AG
Second episode had some good creations except the one that was complete garbage. Was not at all sad to see that team go since one member was constantly making bizarre faces.
Schall 02
AG
Good show so far.
ArmyAg2002
AG
Im through episode 3. I enjoy the building and the challenges, but why is there so much crying? There are people crying about something every episode and in one of the episodes multiple people crying.
Texaggie7nine
Classic reality TV formula. Got to have lot's of drama and nothing brings drama more than crying.
7nine
Flashdiaz
AG
yeah people talking about the pressure, giving up a lot to be there, and the hardest thing they've done.... um it's a Lego reality show. If that's the hardest thing you've done then congrats on an easy life.

anyways, the family does enjoy the show. Some of those people are next level builders. The prize should be a designer job at Lego
AggieChemist
AG
All these people are so hatable. So many betas in one place.
Texaggie7nine
How many macho guys do you know that spend countless hours playing with legos?

I know many Legoheads and most of them are pretty eccentric like the people on the show.
7nine
jamesf
AG
I went to a Lego convention one time because the in-laws bought tickets for the family. There was some cool stuff there, but man they were a bunch of nerds. I told my wife that my eyes were opened to a whole subculture that I never knew existed. People there were having well-informed discussions about things like the year that Lego switched to a different shade of gray for their pieces. It was bizarre.
spanky
AG
LEGO is an adjective...just saying. People build with LEGO bricks, elements, etc.

Beta out
JJxvi
AG
Im pretty sure that this show is intended (or at the very minimum with smart contestant casting to make it happen) to be almost a parody of this style of reality show. Its hilariously fake.
AustinAg2K
I would just like to watch the people build. I wish they would get rid of the reality part of the show and just pick a team each week, show them plan it out and build it. Almost like an HGTV show. The building is the best part.
Texaggie7nine
They advertise their youtube channel. They should have more in-depth coverage of the builds on there.
7nine
Quad Dog
AG
I'm curious on the format not shown on on TV. Do they build for 15 uninterrupted hours? Surely there are breaks for food and sleep.
If not, that might explain some of the drama on the show. I'd be pretty dramatic after spending uninterrupted 15 hours doing anything.
AggieChemist
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

How many macho guys do you know that spend countless hours playing with legos?

I know many Legoheads and most of them are pretty eccentric like the people on the show.
I know a bunch of red blooded men that build with their kids. Including me.
Texaggie7nine
Good for you. I think the "betas" as you call them have red blood as well...
7nine
AggieChemist
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Good for you. I think the "betas" as you call them have red blood as well...
I doubt it. That freak with the flower in his hair looks like one of the lizard people. I bet money his blood is green.
jamesf
AG
I read an article that said each episode is filmed over 3 days, so I could see that time being split up over two days.
Flashdiaz
AG
boooo would rather see 15 continuous hours where they must decide if they have time to eat, nap and poo.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Flashdiaz said:

boooo would rather see 15 continuous hours where they must decide if they have time to eat, nap and poo.

"Its been ten hours, when do we get a bathroom break?"

"Legos are right there, get to building. But remember, the timer doesn't stop"
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.