What movie have you seen the most?

5,785 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag by Vows
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Top Gun by a bazillion miles.

My brother and I were 8 and 5 when thatbcame out.
Couldn't get enough of fighter jets. We recorded a TV airing and wore that thing out. Eventually someone got us a real copy for Christmas.

Summers we watched that thing damn near daily.
MarkItZero
AG

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Cromagnum
AG
This thread is a testament to folks that grew up in the 70s and 80s vs these youngsters that have only known a digital life. Maybe movies were just better back in the day, but you could literally wear out a VHS cassette. Any DVD or high definition media that's come out I can count on one hand how many times I've seen most any other film.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Back to the Future. I could probably quote the whole movie to you.

It was the first movie my Aunt recorded on VHS from satellite ( yes she had the big actual satellite in her back yard) and gave to us, right after we got a VCR.

It is probably ROTJ or ESB for second and third.
PeekingDuck
AG
I'm pretty sure it is Tombstone, but I've seen Goodfellas a whole lot too. Since my daughter was born, I'm positive the answer is Frozen.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Cromagnum said:

This thread is a testament to folks that grew up in the 70s and 80s vs these youngsters that have only known a digital life. Maybe movies were just better back in the day, but you could literally wear out a VHS cassette. Any DVD or high definition media that's come out I can count on one hand how many times I've seen most any other film.
Its called getting old and not having a lot of free time. Kids still watch movies over and over, they just stream them instead of watching a VHS.
AgPediRPh
AG
Rocky. I watch every July 4 and any other time it's on TV.
cr06gis
AG
Hot Fuzz
Post removed:
by user
Callate Donnie
Came here to post this.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Mine's gonna be The Hunt for Red October. Watched too many times to count. Can replay it verbatim in my mind.
JoCoAg09
AG
I would guess Moana. I have 3 daughters.
Bunk Moreland
Top Gun for sure. I used to watch it probably 20-30 times each summer as a kid.

After that, hard to know. Probably some comedy like Billy Madison. Once I got into my teens, there aren't a ton of movies I've watched 3 or more times.

I do watch The Godfather parts 1 and 2 at least once a year, so maybe those.
Claude!
Probably a toss up between A New Hope, Robocop, and Grease.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a very random grab-bag right there.
lunchbox
Star Wars ANH and Shawshank are probably tied for first. Every time I happen upon Shawshank on TNT or whatever, I sit down and watch it. Every time.

Same goes for all the Marvel movies on FX or FXX. If my son has the remote and they are on, that's what is on TV.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Tombstone
Claude!
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's a very random grab-bag right there.

So, about Grease. My family lived in Korea for a couple of years in the late 80s, and family would send us VHS tapes with 2-3 movies taped on them. For some reason, I was fascinated with Grease, which started right after To Catch a Thief (which I didn't care for as much). It literally hard cuts from "So this is where you live. Mother will love it up here" to the opening notes of "Grease" by Frankie Valli.

I also watched a lot of the double feature of Hello Again (a Shelley Long vehicle where she returns from the dead) and the great John Candy film Great Outdoors. Never knew what movies we'd get.
powerbelly
AG
JoCoAg09 said:

It is a toss-up between Moana and Frozen for me.
jkag89
Quote:

For some reason, I was fascinated with Grease, which started right after To Catch a Thief (which I didn't care for as much).
Gracie is not amused
SkiMo
AG
Clue
Jaws
Home Alone
DE4D
AG
powerbelly said:

JoCoAg09 said:

It is a toss-up between Moana and Frozen for me.

along those lines I would have to say H@ME or Brave. But kids did love Moana.
DE4D
AG
also, I am not sure the exact count, but there was a summer in undergrad that TNT or some similar channel played Drumline everyday... it seemed.... I am pretty sure that I have at least passively observed the movie >100 times. It just became such a joke whichever roommate came across it on the guide would leave it on... even if they weren't staying in the room to watch the tv.
AgHawkeye
AG
There was a time in college when either Swingers or Dazed and Confused was in the TV pretty much non stop so those are up there. The Star Wars movies between growing up and the kids.
CrottyKid
AG
In its entirety? Gotta be Christmas Vacation for me. Every Christmas for as long as I can remember.

As far as scenes? There was one scene in Under Siege that I watched probably 1000 times as a 12-13 year old.
dcAg
Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom
NoahAg
Gotta be one of:

Top Gun
Dumb & Dumber
Ferris Bueller
Back to the Future
KidDoc
AG
dcAg said:

Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom
Why would you pick the 2nd worst one?

Anyhow for me it has to be a comedy. Christmas Vacation or Vacation or Ricky Bobby or Tommy Boy-- I like to have those on in the background while doing chores.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Raptor
AG
Jurassic Park (easily more than double the rest of my top five)
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Without question, Selena.
boy09
AG
Probably Joe Dirt or Dumb & Dumber. Both the type of movies you just have to drop everything and watch every time you see them on TV
Canyon99
Pure Country
Point Break
TyHolden
AG
Rounders
Molly
Pahdz
Major League, with Top Gun a close second.

After that I'd say Back to the Future I & II, and most recently, 21 & 22 Jump Street...my wife and I die laughing at both every time we see them.
PharmD4
AG
DSAg44 said:

Rounders
Molly

Bet I can guess one of your hobbies!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.