*** 6 Underground ***

5,340 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mazag08
DeBoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I said Deadpool meets Tranformers on steroids. I think others would agree with that. Nothing amazing but at least mostly entertaining and some good laughs.
Ferg
Lots of fast paced action, but did they really have to keep slowing down and show us time after time what happens when a steel pole or bullet etc goes through a guys head?
Log
AG
Yeah, it's Michael Bay.
schmendeler
AG
I mean that's kind of why I kept watching.
Ferg
Yeah, I watched it all the way also, but dang!!!
Texaggie7nine
If National Lampoon wanted to make a spoof of a Michael Bay film, this would be exactly it.
7nine
HollywoodBQ
AG
Saw a tweet talking about it.

Then I saw this follow-up tweet and was even more intrigued

My summary - Deadpool + Tarantino had a ******* child with a little Ronin + James Bond parkour intro + any number of sniper movies.

It was a lot of action and interesting scenes but, don't expect much in the way of story/script.

And I didn't know it was a Michael Bay movie until the credits rolled and then, I was like - oh, that makes sense.

Also - based on the number of scenes filmed in Abu Dhabi, I assume the funding for this thing came from The Emirates. I don't think anyone has ever used Abu Dhabi as a stand-in for Las Vegas before.
oragator
I watched it the other night, without knowing it was Michael Bay.
As I was watching all I could think of was "how long can one car chase scene last and how gratuitous can one chase be?", and ""are we ever going to get to a plot?", and "this humor I strangely misplaced much of the time".
I generally thought it was ok but had way more potential...but when the credits rolled and I saw Bay's name it all made sense. Might not have even bothered if I'd known. But strangely if there is a sequel I may watch it.
Cyprian
AG
I watched this last night. It had some fun action scenes, but that was about it. Some of the gore seemed too forced. Humor was hit or miss. Ok overall tho, not a bad movie either.

What I'm saying in other word is that this is a Michael Bay movie.
brew82
Just watched 6 Underground, can't believe I put it off this long. Fun movie! Ryan Reynolds is awesome! #4, Billy, character had some great parkour runs. Would watch a sequel.
mazag08
AG
That was terribly fantastic. I loved it. My only complaint was that they should have upped the collateral damage even more. Just 100% complete chaos with nobody giving a ****.

I hope this turns into making Michael Bay filthy rich beyond his wildest dreams. The man knows that he has a role on this earth. And he doesn't shy away from delivering.

My prediction: The 3rd movie in the series will feature the good guys trying to hunt down an American military defector on a small island. He gets away and takes off into space where he uses Ryan Reynolds magnetism to dislodge an asteroid and fling it toward earth. The good guys jump on a spaceship to stop the asteroid. On their way, they land on the moon to refuel at a secret Russian base and discover a highly advanced alien race of transforming robots.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.