*** 6 Underground ***

5,325 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mazag08
Tobias Funke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you like Michael Bay?

Let me clarify:
-Do you prefer that half of a 2 hour movie be in super slow motion?
-Do you like explosions and fast cars and tight dresses and cranes and **** ?
-Do you like when cars fly through the air and/or split in half?
-Enjoy gratuitous violence and cable-level sex?
-How about non-stop anthem pop-rock like AWOLNation, Muse, Imagine Dragons, etc? That do anything for ya?
-Do you like ridiculous set-pieces that make no sense in the context of the "story"?
-How about just a nonsense plot in general? Idiotic dialogue?
-Does a relentless parade of continuity issues bother you? No?

Boy, do I have the cinematic masterpiece for you. 6 Underground, starting Van Wilder and a few other people that you vaguely recognize from that one thing. Now on Netflix.
TCTTS
AG
double aught
AG
Quote:

tight dresses
Pics or it didn't happen.
Tobias Funke
AG
Incredible
Sex Panther
AG
I'm watching right now and this movie makes The Fast & The Furious look like The Godfather
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Ryan Reynolds said on Conan that it was the most Michael Bay movie ever to be Michael Bay'ed. It's total Bayhem.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Best 2 hours I've wasted in awhile.
cadetjay02
AG
I watched it yesterday, I was entertained by the action, the weird plot holes, and overall strangeness.
javajaws
AG
Watched it last night...loved it. I love a good action flick that's not ashamed with what it is. I hope they make sequels.

The only thing I wish...its annoying to see rear view mirrors magically reappear after getting knocked off lol (among other damage discrepancies).
Tobias Funke
AG
Yep that happened in the first 10 minutes and drove me crazy
TCTTS
AG
I was genuinely looking forward to this, but just tried to watch during lunch and turned it off after 20 minutes. That was truly terrible, even by Michael Bay standards. Not only was it really sh*tty filmmaking, but Bay's humor is so weird and twisted and gets progressively worse with each movie. I don't mean to get all downbeat here, but the amount of collateral damage/innocent lives lost in that opening scene, played to gleeful, "humorous" effect, was legitimately off-putting. I have three friends who have worked for Bay and they all say the dude is such a raging sociopath. And his disconnect from humanity has never been more apparent to me than in those opening 20 minutes. Just... ugh. No thanks.
Tobias Funke
AG
I will say this: the final fight scene in the yacht was unique enough to be a decent payoff. But yes, overall this was a bizarre and godawful movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If you distilled Michael Bay into an extract and injected it straight in your veins, that's what this movie feels like.

I'm about 90 minutes in (the HK extraction just ended), and I'm enjoying this thoroughly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"I feel like a Jedi."
scoop12
AG
I watched it this morning and halfway through thought that this is what happens when you leave Michael Bay unsupervised.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Unfortunately watched it last night

Just a bad movie
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Major suckage.
Tobias Funke
AG
From the Rolling Stone review:

Quote:

OK, so, listen: There's really no point describing what happens, or how, or when, or why. This is not a narrative film. This is not "cinema," or maybe it is, who the **** knows anymore? This is a Michael Bay movie. It's like someone is repeatedly poking you in the parts of your brain that register mere sensation, and keeps hammering away until a line of drool drops from your downturned lip. I get it. So do you. You're not going to watch it. Or you are going watch it, and either decry the death of all Western civilization or pump your fists in the air. It's another lingerie catalogue sprinkled with carnage. We both know the deal here.
hbc07
AG
Watched it. Just like other movies on Netflix, I went in not expecting cinematic mastery, and left entertained.
BEaggie08
AG
Watched it while working from home on Friday. Bad movie. Enjoyed it.
schmendeler
AG
It was terrible all around. I hope they make a bunch more, but with more T&A.
TX AG 88
AG
My wife and I watched it. She said "supposedly it's nothing but action" or something like that. It pretty much was, but with that set-up going in, it was pretty good. It was like Michael Bay saying "this one goes to eleven!"

The first part really struck me as "wow, this is just kinetic overload" and it either slowed down, or I got used to it.

I gotta say, I think this could become a successful "series" of movies.

TexAgs-influenced bit of humor:

I'm not that much of a movie buff, so i wasn't specifically cognizant of it being a Michael Bay movie while watching. I saw his name in the closing credits though and went "Oh, okay!". Then (based on my exposure here) I tried to think back to whether there were a lot of camera flashes in it!
schmendeler
AG
TX AG 88 said:

My wife and I watched it. She said "supposedly it's nothing but action" or something like that. It pretty much was, but with that set-up going in, it was pretty good. It was like Michael Bay saying "this one goes to eleven!"

The first part really struck me as "wow, this is just kinetic overload" and it either slowed down, or I got used to it.

I'm not that much of a movie buff, so i wasn't specifically cognizant of it being a Michael Bay movie while watching. I saw his name in the closing credits though and went "Oh, okay!". Then (based on my exposure here) I tried to think back to whether there were a lot of camera flashes in it!
I think that was the point of the 9 bad guys pics on the wall with them all covered up at the beginning.
MaroonStain
AG
schmendeler said:

TX AG 88 said:

I think that was the point of the 9 bad guys pics on the wall with them all covered up at the beginning.

Netflix series...is my guess...
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Log
AG
I hate Michael Bay. 'Splosions galore. But I put it aside for this one. Until they went on the spiel about the stock AR-9's having ceramic barrels. Horribly inaccurate.

Other than that, doesn't rank much worse than The Rock or Armageddon.
TCTTS
AG
Log said:

Log
fig96
AG
I"m ten minutes in and this is already the Michael Bay-iest Michael Bay movie ever.
javajaws
AG
Log said:

I hate Michael Bay. 'Splosions galore. But I put it aside for this one. Until they went on the spiel about the stock AR-9's having ceramic barrels. Horribly inaccurate.

I was kind of like wtf with the plastic and ceramic "ghost gun" mumbo jumbo. But then it was clear why they made it all up during the end fight so I give it a pass.

Honestly, it wasn't any worse than the junk they do in the mission impossible movies.
schmendeler
AG
Log said:

The ceramic barrels were too much to believe but the whole magnet scene was ok?
expresswrittenconsent
Log said:

Gun dorks are so stupid.
AquaCasaAg
AG
Good article on Michael Bay from 2011:

https://www.gq.com/story/michael-bay-oral-history
Log
AG
schmendeler said:

Log said:

The ceramic barrels were too much to believe but the whole magnet scene was ok?

Insane Clown Posse wonders how magnets work as well.
Max Power
AG
Tobias Funke said:

From the Rolling Stone review:

Quote:

OK, so, listen: There's really no point describing what happens, or how, or when, or why. This is not a narrative film. This is not "cinema," or maybe it is, who the **** knows anymore? This is a Michael Bay movie. It's like someone is repeatedly poking you in the parts of your brain that register mere sensation, and keeps hammering away until a line of drool drops from your downturned lip. I get it. So do you. You're not going to watch it. Or you are going watch it, and either decry the death of all Western civilization or pump your fists in the air. It's another lingerie catalogue sprinkled with carnage. We both know the deal here.

I was on the fence, but after this guy's review, which is maybe the best review I've ever seen, I have to watch it. It sounds like this movie was an existential experience for this critic.
Charpie
AG
My bff and I watched it last night.

WHAT A RIDE.

I also realized that its a movie and in no way represents real life.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.