Star Wars Rewatch Project: EPISODE VII - THE FORCE AWAKENS

4,979 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jim01
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cbr said:

MuckRaker96 said:

The Internet was truly made for people like you.
shall i review TLJ again for you?

Can you wait until October 1?
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Well I agree with you. Star Wars fans want to revisit this universe often. There's no where else like it.

Of course the more you revisit it the more holes you see. Lucas was no genius. The best film,Empire Strikes Back was the one he had the least to do with.

Modern film/ Disney films are put together by a committee of writers and producers attempting to nail demographics. They're work can't endure critical thinking and are growing worse at causing suspended disbelief. So multiple views are O-U-T.

It's not b/c there's any less talented writers. Hollywood's corporate goons are narrow of vision and for some reason more political minded. They kill good films.

Cromagnum
AG
Agree with many points so far. I still wished we had not seen Adam Driver's face yet. I can only see Kylo as an emo teenager moving forward.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Of course the more you revisit it the more holes you see. Lucas was no genius.
This is objectively incorrect.

Created ILM and Pixar. Innovated visual effects in a way nobody had done up to that point in the history of Hollywood.

His influence is still felt to this day.

You may not like his movies but to deny his genius/impact is not a great way to make your point.
Urban Ag
AG
Not only that but he leveraged Lucasfilm's ownership and merchandizing with Fox, which made him hundreds of millions of dollars and eventually made him one of the richest people in the country. Smart.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
You're correct. Lucas was in fact a genius and a visionary.

My statement was emotionally driven from resentment over his later decision making.

You were right to call me out.
Quad Dog
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

cbr said:

MuckRaker96 said:

The Internet was truly made for people like you.
shall i review TLJ again for you?

Can you wait until October 1?
That thread is going to be ugly, and repetitive. We should make a constructive criticism only rule or something.
TCTTS
AG
I'll definitely try to steer that conversation positively as best as I can from the get go, but who knows how successful I'll be. We should be getting the full TROS trailer a week or two later (early to mid October), and then a few hours after that trailer is released, I've got another big SW project/thread coming that I've been working on for a while now. In other words, we'll have a lot to distract us next month...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Yeah, is there really a point to making the Last Jedi rewatch thread? I know you've done a whole series but it seems like it's just going to be a trainwreck.

Maybe do a Star Wars Holiday Special rewatch instead.

Maybe I'll just start a 15,000 word post today on how much I like TLJ to balance it out
TCTTS
AG
Maybe I've already done my TLJ rewatch and my opinion of it has... evolved...
Ulrich
TCTTS said:

I'll definitely try to steer that conversation positively as best as I can from the get go, but who knows how successful I'll be.

I think we all know exactly how successful you'll be.

I'm self-banning from posting in that thread. Also not going to watch it again.
Saul Goodman
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Yeah, is there really a point to making the Last Jedi rewatch thread? I know you've done a whole series but it seems like it's just going to be a trainwreck.

Maybe do a Star Wars Holiday Special rewatch instead.

Maybe I'll just start a 15,000 word post today on how much I like TLJ to balance it out
I'll stand with you in solidarity.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
TCTTS said:

1. You should be on TexAgs pay roll

2. Please tell me you don't owe Rian Johnson money
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
John Matrix
AG
TCTTS said:

I think TLJ is far from perfect, but I can't seem to stop thinking about it as a film. Say what you want to, but TLJ is far from boring or safe. It's totally worth a thread.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed.
Jim01
AG
Just peaking my rewatch this week and did TFA last night.

Damn it I love this movie! One of my top 10 of the decade and arguably my favorite theater experience ever.

Honestly outside of the recycled plot, I have no complaints, and it sends me into the new one with a lot of optimism as JJ knows what he's doing.

1. It's GORGEOUS. So many great shots. JJ also knows how to shoot Daisy. She looks amazing the entire film. Impossible not to fall in love with her.

2. All the new characters are great.

3. All the nostalgia is done perfectly. From the introduction of the Falcon, to the old characters appearances and Han's death, just great.

4. The action is top notch.

5. It it magic to me. The anticipation of going in opening night, feeling like a little kid again, and it DELIVERING! I still get chills from the Falcon reveal and the roar that was the crowd opening night. The saber flying to Rey gives me goosebumps.

6. Also JJ understands Star Wars humor. It's subtle, not as slapsticky as Rian does it in Last Jedi.

Last Jedi is on deck tonight, and then 6:00 XD seats to Rise tomorrow night. Let's do this!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.