The King still has it.

7,167 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Fisted Lamb
Post removed:
by user
CE Lounge Lizzard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

George is the Man.
Claude!
Eh, Bob Wills is still the king.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Luke Bryan is absolute garbage... I truly dont see how he is so popular.. I could let him get away with being generic if he at least had a decent voice.. he has one of the worst voices in all of music and I change the station any time I hear one of his songs come on.
Johnny Bush Radio on Pandora is pretty dang good, especially with some Bob Wills, Ray Price and George Strait added for variety. If by some unfortunate accident, I hear what's played on "country" music radio these days all I can say is, "Nay Nay."
Tomdoss92
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard said:

FAT SEXY said:

Luke Bryan is absolute garbage... I truly dont see how he is so popular.. I could let him get away with being generic if he at least had a decent voice.. he has one of the worst voices in all of music and I change the station any time I hear one of his songs come on.
Johnny Bush Radio on Pandora is pretty dang good, especially with some Bob Wills, Ray Price and George Strait added for variety. If by some unfortunate accident, I hear what's played on "country" music radio these days all I can say is, "Nay Nay."
Zombie John Pinette?

CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Tomdoss92 said:

CE Lounge Lizzard said:

FAT SEXY said:

Zombie John Pinette?

He was funny and I miss him.
Redstone
AG
I'm fine with Strait, but how many people appreciate this past decade like they should? Very few.

There's plenty of great contemporary country being made recently and also now:

Chris Janson
Randy Houser
Florida Georgia Line
Dan + Shay
Jerrod Niemann (Pitbull remixed him)
Rascal Flatts
Bryan and Aldean
Liquid Wrench
FAT SEXY said:

Chicks dig him, and dudes dig things that chicks dig.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Redstone said:

I'm fine with Strait, but how many people appreciate this past decade like they should? Very few.

Chris Janson
Randy Houser
Florida Georgia Line
Dan + Shay
Rascal Flatts
Bryan and Aldean

Beautiful, subtle troll job.
Know Your Enemy
AG
There's nothing subtle about a Redstone troll.
TresPuertas
AG
Redstone said:

Chris Janson
Randy Houser
Florida Georgia Line
Dan + Shay
Rascal Flatts
Bryan and Aldean

Your schtick on this board has run its course. You don't need to troll every mf'ing thread
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Redstone said:

Chris Janson
Randy Houser
Florida Georgia Line
Dan + Shay
Rascal Flatts
Bryan and Aldean

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
First, the King is Elvis.
Second, George has put out some terrible pop garbage in the last decade or so. If he didn't have his old stuff in his catalog, I would probably lump him in with the guys on the troll list above. Whomever is picking songs for him needs to be fired. Guy has the perfect voice, just needs help pointing it in the right direction.
BCSWguru
Milwaukees Best Light said:

First, the King is Elvis.
Second, George has put out some terrible pop garbage in the last decade or so. If he didn't have his old stuff in his catalog, I would probably lump him in with the guys on the troll list above. Whomever is picking songs for him needs to be fired. Guy has the perfect voice, just needs help pointing it in the right direction.
None other than Bubba Strait and the King himself mostly these days
BQCadet
AG
Has George Straight ever been given the moniker of "The King"? I totally thought this was about Elvis
pants
Even within the country genre, I would assume "The King" is Bob Wills.

However, when I googled "country music the king," I only got George Strait. I guess I'm officially old, now. I remember when I was a kid and thought Bob Wills events in Turkey, TX were a really big deal.

Interesting: https://www.wideopencountry.com/really-king/
Post removed:
by user
Liquid Wrench
Well, he's the king of Houston Rodeo ticket sales, that's for sure. I didn't know if anyone outside of local media called him that.
Post removed:
by user
Liquid Wrench
FAT SEXY said:

Nobody is jamming Bob Wills songs..

Trust me.. Bob Wills' music isn't timeless.
Not even trying to be difficult or argumentative here, but I literally had Alexa playing Bob Wills while I was cooking Sunday.

I like George Strait ok, more so the early stuff, but don't disrespect Bob Wills.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Nobody is jamming Bob Wills songs..

Trust me.. Bob Wills' music isn't timeless.
Well now you're being ridiculous.
jokershady
AG
I've never heard of Dean Brody until this popped up in my suggested feed on YouTube......but goes to show there's still good country music being made somewhere with someone who knows how to tell a story through song

Claude!
Waylon Jennings didn't perform a song called George Strait is Still the King.
Nagler
AG
Claude! said:

Maybe he should have.
Bob_Ag
AG
I hear George Strait referred to as the king of country all the time. Kind of hard to dispute with the run he's had.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Claude! said:

well, that song was released in 1975, so...
Stive
AG
I love the arguments on this thread.
Post removed:
by user
thach
AG
Bull effing Scheiss! My family and I were jamming on the Autobahn to Bob Wills today! His stuff especially from the late 30s and early 40s is great almost 80 years later. The guitar licks in Roly Poly are outstanding--for just one (of many) examples.
Aust Ag
AG
Bob_Ag said:

I hear George Strait referred to as the king of country all the time. Kind of hard to dispute with the run he's had.
Where does Willie fall in all of this?
Oyster DuPree
AG
How has this thread gone on for so long without giving respect to the true King?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.