Rambo: Last Blood

7,022 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nosoupforyou
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If it's on reddit, it has to be real.
Stupe
S

Stupe
S
oragator said:

I will be the killjoy.

Stallone will 73 in a month...the only even remotely realistic piece of the trailer was him in a rocker.

Did you just use the word "realistic" when talking about a Rambo movie?

MW03
AG
User name checks out
oragator
This comes out next week already.
It hasn't been reviewed yet by critics, which I don't think would be a good sign.
Bunk Moreland
It's Last Rambo. Don't need to read a single review. Already bought my ticket for Thursday night.
Ulrich
What do reviews have to do with Rambo?!
ApachePilot
AG
Eliminatus said:

Who cares about whatever the hell yall are ranting about.

ANOTHER RAMBO!

Going to rewatch First Blood now. I am such a fan boy. "Why are you pushing me?"

First Blood is my favorite. Saw it with my Dad in the theater in silverton Oregon. We lived in the mountains and I so wanted to be Rambo. This movie and Red Dawn are just awesome
ApachePilot
AG
Stupe said:

oragator said:

I will be the killjoy.

Stallone will 73 in a month...the only even remotely realistic piece of the trailer was him in a rocker.

Did you just use the word "realistic" when talking about a Rambo movie?

First Blood was realistic. Then the franchise went off the deep end. Maybe this will go back to the roots.
brew82
Can't wait! Rambo and Rocky movies are awesome! Can't believe Stallone is in his 70's.
Bunk Moreland
Welp. That worked for me. A bit darker than I thought here and there but I guess it had to be to get to the end. Overall simple story, you can easily guess early on where the end will culminate, and wow it does not disappoint.

Heisenberg01
AG
LOVED IT!!! LOVED IT!!! LOVED IT!!! So much gratuitous violence! Short, sweet and carnage everywhere. If you don't like Rambo movies, don't see it (I'm looking at you critics). If you like Rambo movies, like every red blooded American should, you will be entertained.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I was very entertained. Very, very lean (88 minutes) and my God, was it violent.

I thought that the last 20 minutes of the last Rambo movie was the most gleefully violent action scene I think I'd ever seen. The last 20 minutes of Last Blood matched that.

I mean, horror movies aren't as gory as this. And I loved it. Forget the critics; this movie wasn't made for them. If you liked the last Rambo, you will enjoy this one.
Bunk Moreland
Here's something weird... Been 8 hours or so and my mind is still racing through all the kills in that final scene. **** that was a fun ride.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Just got home and it's a Rambo movie so of course I loved every second of it! Word is Stallone is working on Expendables 4 and get this, a Cobra reboot with Robert Rodriguez.
hph6203
AG
You're all blood thirsty mongrels.
Decay
AG
Blanco Jimenez said:

a Cobra reboot with Robert Rodriguez.

HalifaxAg
AG
Drifter. said:

So when do we start yelling at Gen Z? Aren't Millennials in their freakin 30s by now?
Can't do that...ya'll are afraid you'll trigger someone
80s Guy
hph6203 said:

You're all blood thirsty mongrels.

And?
BoxingAg84
Just came back from watching it. It's basically a gory version of home alone. A grown up Kevin McAllister with creative traps having the time of his life killing people. It was highly entertaining.
Mule_lx
AG
I smiled through the whole movie.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That was a pleasant movie about a bunch of people who needed killing.

I enjoyed all of the original Rambo movies; I saw the fourth one but literally the only thing I remember about it was Rambo walking past the mailbox at his family home as the movie ended. This movie gave the character a somewhat different dynamic, with his role as "uncle" (never quite got the true relationship there, obviously he'd been in the girl's life for a long time, but I didn't get the sense that she was blood-related? But didn't really care that much either).

Love it when a character makes a vivid proclamation and then actually follows through with it - this movie with Rambo telling the pony-tailed Mexican that he would rip out his heart, or another pleasant killing movie, Olympus Has Fallen, when Butler tells the main bad guy that he would jam a knife into his head. Those type of moments actually feel like a resounding conclusion.

edit - and yeah, I smiled through much of the movie, but then laughed out loud when it ended, and a couple of little old ladies watching in the row in front of me started clapping.
nosoupforyou
AG
I enjoyed this movie - but the last one was better

it was basically Taken plus Home Alone with Saw mixed in - how can you really argue with that formula!!

I decided I like Rocky's dialog and character more but love Rambo and glad I saw it
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.