Rambo: Last Blood

7,017 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nosoupforyou
John Matrix
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Prepare, accordingly.

wangus12
AG
Belton Ag
AG
I'll be there.

On another note, this has one of those stupid "trailer of the trailer" things before the actual trailer. Are millennials that stupid and scatterbrained that they need to insert that to keep them interested?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So, Logan?
A. Solzhenitsyn
Ugh, that song.
jr15aggie
AG
What wangus said!
Flashdiaz
AG
Belton Ag said:

I'll be there.

On another note, this has one of those stupid "trailer of the trailer" things before the actual trailer. Are millennials that stupid and scatterbrained that they need to insert that to keep them interested?
I hate that soooooo much. I just clicked to watch the trailer so I don't need a trailer of a trailer right before I watch the trailer.

what's next, a 5 second synopsis of the commercial in front of the commercial?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty sure everyone hates that. But I love how some of you old timers will just blame everything on those gosh darn millennials.
expresswrittenconsent
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Pretty sure everyone hates that. But I love how some of you old timers will just blame everything on those gosh darn millennials.

TBF, the laziness of washed olds blaming the young at least isnt new. Go back to around 2000 and you can find all kinds of "gen x is so lazy" stuff. I cant imagine how olds in the 50s felt when Glenn Miller was no longer cool because jerk kids started amplifying guitars.
tk for tu juan
Some Rambo seppuku at the end of that trailer?
jokershady
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Belton Ag said:

I'll be there.

I hate that soooooo much. I just clicked to watch the trailer so I don't need a trailer of a trailer right before I watch the trailer.

what's next, a 5 second synopsis of the commercial in front of the commercial?
I agree they are irritating but here's my guess.....

For these movie trailers (and pretty much all videos) there's technology to track how many times someone clicks to view, and also how many of those clicks result in someone watching the video all the way to the end.

Someone probably got the idea, "Hey! Let's show a 5 second quick edit of the trailer so people know what they're about to watch is exciting so we have more people watch the whole thing."

And since we're seeing this more, odds are it's working. Cause more people that watch the whole trailer = more people paying to see movie
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah, I wouldn't even have a guess as to what interest level millennials would have in Rambo. It's a character, now in his 70's, who people my age (40's) grew up watching in the 80's.

I kind of thought maybe this is aimed ay my thoroughly Gen X demographic.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So, Logan?
Maybe.

I'm thinking that since is this Johnny vs. Los Zetas (or whatever Mexi cartel) that after he wipes them all out over the course of 90 minutes, film ends with Rambo out in the Arizona desert, building the wall all by himself, MAGA 2020 cap on backwards.
JD Shellnut
AG
So when do we start yelling at Gen Z? Aren't Millennials in their freakin 30s by now?
jeffk
AG
Yes, we are.
Eliminatus
AG
Who cares about whatever the hell yall are ranting about.

ANOTHER RAMBO!

Going to rewatch First Blood now. I am such a fan boy. "Why are you pushing me?"
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I hadn't seen any of the Rambos up until a couple years ago. I had always seen clips of Rambo in the jungle with a couple machine guns in his arms just mowing down communists and thinking man, what a hero. Then I finally watched First Blood and I remember thinking "wait what the hell?" The dude gets disrespected and asked to leave a small town because he doesn't belong and gets offended and before you know it, he's shooting down police choppers with a bazooka. Just the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen. Like, Stallone is legit playing a crazy veteran gone full PTSD terrorist cop killer. But because he's the best they've got they use him as a weapon against the Vietnamese in part 2. Just completely mind-blowing.
Belton Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Who else is responsible for all the ills of the world like trailers of the trailer.

CoolaidWade
AG
They could have just said, "New Rambo Movie coming soon." That trailer says nothing except he's going to go kill a bunch of people again. I actually kinda figured that.
Bones08
AG
Belton Ag said:

I'll be there.

This trailer will most likely be used as an ad on Youtube (among other places).

Ads on Youtube can often be skipped after five seconds has passed.

So the five second preview of the trailer is to try to increase the amount of people that don't skip the trailer when it is used as an ad.

Without that preview the first five seconds of this trailer is four seconds showing the names of the three production companies and a one second shot of a windmill.

gambochaman
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

I hadn't seen any of the Rambos up until a couple years ago. I had always seen clips of Rambo in the jungle with a couple machine guns in his arms just mowing down communists and thinking man, what a hero. Then I finally watched First Blood and I remember thinking "wait what the hell?" The dude gets disrespected and asked to leave a small town because he doesn't belong and gets offended and before you know it, he's shooting down police choppers with a bazooka. Just the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen. Like, Stallone is legit playing a crazy veteran gone full PTSD terrorist cop killer. But because he's the best they've got they use him as a weapon against the Vietnamese in part 2. Just completely mind-blowing.
THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD, NOT HIM
Smokedraw01
OldShadeOfBlue said:

You missed the part where he was arrested and tortured for no reason.
A. Solzhenitsyn
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Keep going, you're almost to Rambo 3.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Between this, the return of Stranger Things, and the trailer for The Dark Crystal series coming to Netflix...we're reliving the 80's folks! WOOOOOOOOO!

All you dweebs who didn't live it the first time around get ready for a cocaine-fueled binge of pastels and neon, big hair, roided-up action heroes, hot chicks jazzercising, and sitcoms about hairy aliens that eat cats....it's gonna be radical!
BusterAg
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Between this, the return of Stranger Things, and the trailer for The Dark Crystal series coming to Netflix...we're reliving the 80's folks! WOOOOOOOOO!

All you dweebs who didn't live it the first time around get ready for a cocaine-fueled binge of pastels and neon, big hair, roided-up action heroes, hot chicks jazzercising, and sitcoms about hairy aliens that eat cats....it's gonna be radical!

How do you make this list without the top gun sequal?
Urban Ag
AG
"Be poor somewhere else" was a perfectly good reason in 1982.
oragator
I will be the killjoy.

Stallone will 73 in a month...the only even remotely realistic piece of the trailer was him in a rocker.
Matt_ag98
Definitely had a Logan vibe to it...which I am totally cool with!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
oragator said:

I will be the killjoy.

Stallone will 73 in a month...the only even remotely realistic piece of the trailer was him in a rocker.

I used to make similar statements regarding Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, wondering if Ford would swing from a branch with his bullwhip while carrying a walker.
JSKolache
AG
oragator said:

I will be the killjoy.

He was haggard af in the last one, 10 yrs ago
beanbean
First Blood was my favorite movie as a kid. Best Stallone movie ever. My friends and I would dress up in camo and play in the woods like we were John Rambo. Great memories.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
I recently found my metal Rambo lunchbox I carried to school as a kid. I brought it home from my parents house for my kid to use.
Smokedraw01
Blanco Jimenez said:

I recently found my metal Rambo lunchbox I carried to school as a kid. I brought it home from my parents house for my kid to use.

Is it the on from Part 2?
Serious Lee
fan on reddit that already saw it said it was LoL bad
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Walt Luddiger said:

fan on reddit that already saw it said it was LoL bad

Ummmm.....okay. A reddit user who says he saw the movie four months before it premieres said it was bad. Sounds legit.

Why even post crap like this?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.