Netflix: Love Death + Robots

9,506 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Robert L. Peters
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm wondering if with the A/B testing they did with the episode order they may see if any we're popular enough to make a feature film (or better yet for some of these - a game).

Speaking of game - I finished the series last night and The Secret War (which beyond just being one of my top 3) looks like it's be such a great game to play.

Also, Lucky 13 was another great one.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Very cool show, really liked the Aquila Rift and Sonnies Edge.
astros4545
AG
Halfway thru

Really good
tremble
AG
Watched about half of it so far. Really outstanding and incredibly original.

Really enjoyed Good Hunting and Beyond the Aquila Rift. Definitely hoping to see more of this from Netflix.
YouBet
AG
So, my interpretation of Aquila Rift was different but maybe that's because I was influenced by a similar movie: Event Horizon.

I thought they basically either died and/or ended up in another dimension along the way with that dimension being Hell. And for whatever reason the denizen of that realm was benevolent enough to try and virtually protect him from his new reality.
Professor Frick
AG
Sex Panther said:

Dammit... all the cartoon wiener was in the first couple for me

And you were hoping they would have spread them out more, paced themselves a little better?
Thunder18
AG
Pretty badass so far...watched Sonnie's Edge, Three Robots, the witness and Suits
Fenrir
Secret war was amazing. Wish it could get expanded into a movie or something.
Liquid Wrench
I haven't paid enough attention to get into any kind of plot (busy arguing about Jeopardy! spoilers), but the graphics are amazingly well done. Love the variety of styles.
Goro Majima
AG
This show is honestly my favorite thing Netflix has ever done.
Thunder18
AG
I have been really digging it so far, my wife not so much
Quad Dog
AG
I know I'm late to this series, but I just finished it today. I loved it and it reminded me of The Animatrix and Twilight Zone among the other references made here.

Another cool thing is that a lot of contemporary sci-fi authors wrote the episodes. I recognized a lot of names of authors of great books I've read. So if you liked an episode, go look up who wrote it and go read their books.
For example, if you liked "When the Yogurt Took Over," "Alternate Histories" and "Three Robots," they were all written by John Scalzi. Every book of his I've read I've found to be exciting and funny.
Ken Liu wrote "Good Hunting" his Dandelion Dynasty is basically Asian Game of Thrones and he translated the Three Body Problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love,_Death_%26_Robots
agdoc2001
AG
Quad Dog said:

For example, if you liked "When the Yogurt Took Over," "Alternate Histories" and "Three Robots," they were all written by John Scalzi.

I had not realized those were all be the same guy. Makes sense, because they were the only 3 shorts I didn't like in the series. Guess I should avoid his books...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sex Panther
AG
agdoc2001 said:

Quad Dog said:

For example, if you liked "When the Yogurt Took Over," "Alternate Histories" and "Three Robots," they were all written by John Scalzi.

I had not realized those were all be the same guy. Makes sense, because they were the only 3 shorts I didn't like in the series. Guess I should avoid his books...

The only thing of his I've read is Old Man's War but I thought it was really good
Oryx
Just got shown this series by a friend and now I'm hooked.

Three Robots was hilarious with the OG Siri VA and Sucker of Souls had me on edge for the entire thing.
israeliag
AG
FINALLY!!!

Season 2 drops May 14. I had literally just canceled my Netflix sub... may need to turn it back on for this.
Fenrir
Hey look, it's Michael B Jordan.

Part of me wants to get a synopsis of the different episodes and part of me wants to just go in not knowing anything at all. It's going to be hard waiting a month without trying to find out more info.
israeliag
AG
Go in blind. I didn't even finish watching the trailer. I know I'm going to watch it and I'm already more hyped about this than I'd prefer, so what's the point of the trailer?
Max Power
AG
Hell yes, I've been meaning to do a rewatch.
YouBet
AG
Great news!
TCTTS
AG
Awesome trailer. Cannot wait for this.

Had to look up that super cool score, and it's from Hereditary, which I still haven't seen yet...

Max Power
AG
Season 3 is coming. I was let down by season 2 but I loved 1 so much I'll definitely watch 3.

Madmarttigan
AG
Season 1 was brilliant and season 2 was terrible so we shall see. Look forward to it.
Sex Panther
AG
TC did you ever see Hereditary
TCTTS
AG
Still haven't. Neither that nor Midsommar yet. Ari Aster has a new movie coming out this year with Joaquin Phoenix, though, so I'll probably watch both in the lead up to that.
Fenrir
Anyone checked out vol 3 yet? Just saw it on the main page and was curious if it's more like vol 1 or 2 in quality.
gggmann
AG
I watched the first 5 episodes. I liked the "mini dead" one, but it's very short. The one on the ship was interesting and gory. The other 3 were forgettable.
Sea Speed
AG
the second episode on the ship is absolutely amazing. I wish it was a full length movie.

I would love to see an entire cinematic universe built around that world.
gggmann
AG
Finished the last four episodes. The one w/ the rats was fun. The animation on the last one was amazing, but I didn't care for the ending.
israeliag
AG
That ship one was directed by David Fincher. So yeah. Good short. Pirates of the Caribbean, but make it dark. Must be the closest he's gotten to putting his 20,000 Leagues dream movie on display (I think that's him with that aspiration).

The zero G space one was the highlight for me.
jr15aggie
AG
I had sorta forgotten about this series... I liked season 1 and never got around to season 2 because I had heard it wasn't very good. I shouldn't have listened, I thought season 2 was very entertaining. Nice visuals and bizarre storylines... fun for a quick watch at lunch or bedtime. I enjoyed it!

Gonna watch season 1 again and then I'll go on to season 3. I heard season 4 got the green light as well.
Sex Panther
AG
https://hypebeast.com/2022/8/netflixs-love-death-robots-renewed-volume-4-info

**** yeah
The Kraken
AG
How did I miss this? Just discovered and burned though all three volumes today.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Robert L. Peters
It's so good.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.