Star Wars Rewatch Project: EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES

10,959 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by The Collective
AtlAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

What should have happened: Darth Maul kills Anakin's mother, Anakin seeks revenge and gets his ass kicked. Episode III, Anakin kills Darth Maul, turns to the dark side, then fights Obi Wan.

But why would Darth Maul have a run in with a slave? Maybe she spills bleach on his black robe during laundry?
HtownAg92
AG
Quote:

Has Lucas ever explicitly stated why he started with such a young Anakin in TPM?
The Collective
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I always chalked this up to Empire Ego. It's a little like Jerry Jones firing Jimmy Johnson and spending the past 20+ years trying to do it himself. I do think it bothered Lucas that Empire became widely known as the superior movie of the original trilogy and that many chalked it up to the fact it wasn't written or directed by Lucas. So he was going to have his hands all over the new trilogy in every way.

Having watched all of the special edition documentary / segments, I also wonder if he got so frustrated by the technology that he was stuck with in the OT that he gave up being dictator on the OT. When we got the special editions & the prequels, he grabbed the reins because he could create what he wanted now. And boy, did that suck or what!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.