Movies that wouldn't work with a different actor?

7,559 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Rocagnante
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed. To me the casting in that movie was nails.

First one that came to mind for me was Keanu Reeves in The Matrix. I know he's not best actor but was perfect for that role.

Both of these could be result of me me really liking the movie and having hard time picturing others in the role.
TXAG 05
AG
Will Smith was the original choice for Neo, but he turned it down. It would have been interesting to see how he would have played it.
TCTTS
AG
The original plan was Will Smith as Neo and Val Kilmer as Morpheus. I loved what we got, but honestly, I can totally see the Smith/Kilmer version.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

The original plan was Will Smith as Neo and Val Kilmer as Morpheus. I loved what we got, but honestly, I can totally see the Smith/Kilmer version.

We have to go back! I need to see this.
PatAg
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

The Grinch with Jim Carrey

That goes on the list of movies that shouldn't exist, imo. Cartoon only
BurnetAggie99
New Grinch coming out in November

Hey Nav
AG
If I'm to believe the internet, actors who turned down Dirty Harry included Frank Sinatra, Burt Lancaster, John Wayne, and Bob (Panhandle) Mitchum. Holy cow.

Bruce Almighty
AG
I can see Val Kilmer as Morpheus, but I'm not seeing Will Smith as Neo, especially late 90s Will Smith.
TCTTS
AG
I could absolutely see Enemy of the State Will Smith as Neo. Mostly serious, with a few wise-cracks here and there, but he really nailed the "What the hell is going on? / What have I got myself into?" vibe in that movie that I think could have translated well to The Matrix. It wouldn't be the same, understated vibe as Reeves, of course, but I think Smith could have upped the "This is CRAZY" vibe in a fun way, without being too over the top.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Val Kilmer as Morpheus seems odd. I'm really not seeing it. I feel like you need an older actor in that role since it's the mentor role.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Val Kilmer as Morpheus seems odd. I'm really not seeing it. I feel like you need an older actor in that role since it's the mentor role.

You may wanna fact check before you post.
TXAG 05
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You may wanna fact check before you post.

This. BES, guess who is older out of Kilmer and Fishburne.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Matt_ag98
ro828 said:

Master and Commander.

Great movie, wish the timing would have been right to do more movies from the books
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Weird bump, but sure.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
/revision/latest/thumbnail/width/720/height/900?cb=20200418012830
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.