American Horror Story-Apocalypse

4,910 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Humorous Username
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone catch the premiere last night? I gave up on the show a while ago, but recorded this one since they are going to tie in the Murder House and Coven seasons to this one. It was a good start, and definitely interested to see what they do with it.
Jackal99
AG
I watched it. I'm a sucker for this show, even though it seems to go off the rails halfway through each season. But I stick with it. I thought it was a good opener. I'll probably keep watching if only to see how they tie Murder House and Coven into it.
TXAG 05
AG
There was a tie in last night. They guy that shows up at the very end was in Murder House
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I've been watching this show with my roommate for the first time, and it seems like they have consistently have more episodes in a season than they have story to fill them. Going through the end of Freakshow right now. Coven was absolutely terrible IMO, but it has the highest ratings besides season 2? Am I alone in this thought? And does it get better? Maybe it's just not a show I'm going to like.
TXAG 05
AG
That actually has been a problem, and a reason that this season is only 10 episodes where the others have been 13-14.

Seasons 1 is by far the best, 2-3 were good, then it's been hit or miss since then. Didn't even watch the last 2 seasons
Old Tom Morris
I may give this season a shot. Watched the first 2 seasons, then spent a couple of seasons watching it start strong and then fade horrifically to the point I'd quit watching mid-season. Then I gave up bothering starting it at all because I figured I'd have to give up on it.

I always thought this concept would work great for 6-8 episode season, run from late September through early November on top of Halloween/spooky season. Maybe they've got enough story to keep 10 interesting. Several seasons ran until mid-January. That never made any sense at all.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
My girlfriend is obsessed with this show so I got my first dose of it watching the premier last night. I thought it started well enough, but became a bore once they got into the bunker. Showing us how bored the characters are doesn't do much to provide us entertainment.

Hopefully it picks up next week with the Michael langden arriving.
Thanks and gig'em
mrsbeer05
AG
I liked season one and the Roanoke season wasn't bad, but I generally find I watch a few episodes then quit. I wasn't super impressed with the premier.
Clavell
AG
Just not sure I want to start a new season. I keep pushing through the seasons once I start and always regret it. Have first episode on DVR and so far been able to resist it.
DrEvazanPhD
Cstrickland05 said:

That actually has been a problem, and a reason that this season is only 10 episodes where the others have been 13-14.

Seasons 1 is by far the best, 2-3 were good, then it's been hit or miss since then. Didn't even watch the last 2 seasons
Season 2 was a little strange for me. Combining the devil, with aliens, with the psych ward, with nazis, was a ti much.
TXAG 05
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Season 2 was a little strange for me. Combining the devil, with aliens, with the psych ward, with nazis, was a ti much.

Agreed that they threw way too much into #2, part of the problem with too many episodes. They only had so much good material and had space to fill.
Sex Panther
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Agreed that they threw way too much into #2, part of the problem with too many episodes. They only had so much good material and had space to fill.

I can only imagine the amount of cocaine that was getting passed around the writers room that season
TXAG 05
AG
Sex Panther said:

Cstrickland05 said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Cstrickland05 said:

I can only imagine the amount of cocaine that was getting passed around the writers room that season

"I got it! Let's have all the inmates sing and dance the Name Game!" "Brilliant!"
dave94
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

"I got it! Let's have all the inmates sing and dance the Name Game!" "Brilliant!"
That was an epic scene though, a total WTF moment.
Saxsoon
AG
I actually really liked Roanoke
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
DrEvazanPhD
Saxsoon said:

That one lost me at "well, they're all more racist in the south"
rshackelford
AG
I thought season 2 was some of the best tv I've seen in a while and since then. But some of the other seasons have been real meh
J182
AG
I can't stand Sarah Paulson and her over-the-top crying.

I'm interested to see where they go with this season. I thought Hotel was unwatchable and I didn't make it all the way through Cult.
Humorous Username
AG
I've seen every season except Coven. I think I can safely say that the wheels will come off one to two episodes after the Halloween episode.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Really. This show would be great each season if it was only 6 episodes long.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
GinaLinetti
AG
I enjoyed the first episode.
Clavell
AG
Ok, I gave in and am 3 episodes in. So far is good, but know will go down hill soon.
The Dog Lord
AG
Clavell said:

Ok, I gave in and am 3 episodes in. So far is good, but know will go down hill soon.

I thought it started with a good episode 1 but was in danger of falling off quickly after that. The last 2 episodes have been better, especially the most recent one. I'm hoping it'll continue to gain steam.

Like many on this thread, there have been several seasons that I never finished. Watching Coven currently because I didn't finish it before. Not as bad as I remember it being, but it may help that it can be binged too.
Jackal99
AG
Well then... I thought that was a pretty good episode.
Humorous Username
AG
Having BD Wong being the one playing the piano was a little too on the nose for a show that prides itself on breaking stereotypes.
Geriatric Punk
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Saxsoon said:

That one lost me at "well, they're all more racist in the south"
Not entirely untrue.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
TXAG 05
AG
This is definitely the best season in a long time. Can't wait to see the return to Murder House next week.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Emma Roberts makes my weenie tingle
HTownAg
AG
Haven't started this one yet, I did like Murder House, Freak Show and Hotel. I thought Cult started strong, but as others have pointed out, went off the rails like other seasons.
TXAG 05
AG
6 episodes in out of 10 and it has been pretty strong so far and IMO picking up steam. Hope they can keep it up for the remaining 4 episodes.
Jackal99
AG
I thought the "Return to Murder House" episode was great. I loved seeing what happened to some of the characters afterwards, especially Constance.
Siera Ontiveros
mrsbeer05 said:

I liked season one and the Roanoke season wasn't bad, but I generally find I watch a few episodes then quit. I wasn't super impressed with the premier.

Roanoke was really not one of their best, I would try Season 1 and 5. Season one will never be topped though, its a fact.
Siera Ontiveros
I saw the first and stopped watching after, didn't realize they were so far in now!! I need to catch up..
Tanya 93
Evan Peters was robbed of an Emmy from last season.

He was soooooo good.
Clavell
AG
All caught up and actually think one of the better seasons. Although how they have incorporated past seasons means if you didn't see them you won't get all the past references. For example going back to Season 1 house could be a bit boring if didn't remember the characters.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.