Actors with romanian's origins

6,236 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Col. Steve Austin
StackedStoneTile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello, again, TexAgs!

Today I will present you a few international actors with romanian's origins. First of all, what or where is Romania. For this, and for other unexplained questions about Romania, you can see this video ( Yeah, it don't say all of interesting infos, maybe just 3-7% of them, but it's interesting ):

Well, now, after you know where is Romania and how important was this country for the entire mapamonde ( and also it is ), I will present you 17 great actors with romanian's origin:+

1.Harvey Keitel

https://images03.military.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/media/people/2015/10/harveykeitel.jpg?itok=oAtZzr9B

Harvey Keitel is known for his roles in films such as The Murders of Little Italy, The Taxi Driver, Thelma and Louise, or Pulp Fiction. Harvey Keitel was born in New York in 1939 in the family of emigrants from Poland and Romania. His mother, Miriam, is born near Braila.

2.Dustin Hoffman

https://static.goldderby.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Dustin-Hoffman-Movies-620x360.jpg
Dustin Hoffman is one of the most famous actors in the world. The roles of Rain Man and Kramer vs. Kramer brought him the Oscar. Hoffman was born on August 8, 1937, in Los Angeles, from a Romanian mother and a Ukrainian father.

3. Jean Negulesco

https://adevarul.ro/assets/adevarul.ro/MRImage/2016/06/04/5752c6e85ab6550cb8a0f9a3/646x404.jpg

Jean Negulesco is a well-known Hollywood director and screenwriter. He was born in Craiova and is the only Romanian director nominated for Oscar Awards. He got fame with movies like Titanic, How to marry a millionaire, Daddy Long Legs or Jessica. He worked with names like Maurice Chevalier, Angie Dickinson, Fred Astaire, Marilyn Monroe, Lauren Bacall, and Joan Crawford. He has a star on the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame.

4. Lauren Bacall

https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/c_crop,d_placeholder_euli9k,h_1439,w_2560,x_0,y_0/dpr_2.0/c_limit,w_740/fl_lossy,q_auto/v1492196817/articles/2014/08/13/the-legend-with-the-look-remembering-lauren-bacall/140811-bugbee-bacall-tease_tfycav

Lauren Bacall was one of the most beautiful actresses in Hollywood history. Lauren was born on 16 September 1924 in New York in a family of Jewish emigrants. Her mother, Natalie Weinstein, was born in Romania and was actually called Bacalu. The actress was married to actor Humphrey Bogart and was nominated for the Oscar in 1997 for her second role in The Mirror Has Two Faces. In 2010 he received the Oscar for the entire activity. One thing less known is that Lauren was the cousin of Shimon Peres, the ninth president of Israel.

5.Natalie Portman

https://idolwiki.com/pics/NataliePortman/NataliePortman.jpg

Natalie Portman is another actress with Romanian origins. The actress's grandmother lived on the territory of Bessarabia during the interwar period. About this, Natalie spoke in an interview with the American magazine Rolling Stone in which she proudly tells of her special grandmother who lived in Romania (Bessarabia was part of Romania between 1918-1940), saying she was a spy for the secret services British in the Second World War and traveled a lot in Europe. Natalie Portman's most famous films include Closer, Star Wars - Sith's Revenge, Cold Mountain, or V of Vendetta.

6.Nadia Gray

https://images.findagrave.com/photos250/photos/2012/350/40765922_135567785459.jpg

Nadia Gray, her true name Nadia Kujnir-Herescu, made her career alongside Frank Sinatra, Peter Sellers, or Marcello Mastroianni, appearing in over 70 films. She starred in La Dolce Vita and is the stepmother of Lindey Gray (Sue Ellen of Dallas). Nadia Gray Herescu was born on 23 November 1923 in Bucharest, from the Bessarabian parents. He married Prince Constantin "Bzu" Cantacuzino, aviator during the Second World War. He left Romania at the end of the 1940s, when communism was established, and fled to Paris.

7.Edward G. Robinson

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjE0NzcwMzU5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTkwMjI2._V1_UY317_CR18,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Edward G. Robinson is considered one of the greatest actors of the 20th century by the American Film Institute. Edward Goldenberg Robinson was born in Bucharest in 1893 in a family of Romanian Jews. In 1903 his family emigrated to the US. He became known for gangster roles in films such as Little Cesar or Key Largo. Robinson is the only actor of Romanian origin that is on the exclusive list of those who have won the Oscar. Even though he has never been nominated for the American Film Academy Award, the Romanian has won the post-mortem Oscar for his entire career, only two months after he died.

Belton Ag
StackedStoneTile
***Later Edit***

Edward G. Robinson is one of my fav, and, maybe, one of the best actors from the entire U.S. history:
schmendeler
AG
This message brought to you by the Romanian Actors Guild.
StackedStoneTile
MSFC Aggie
AG
Leggo My Elko
AG
StackedStoneTile
Bruce Almighty
AG
OP is the same person that listed Michael Jackson and Metallica in the one hit wonders thread. Obvious troll.
Whos Juan
AG
Can we phone Redstone in to take care of this guy?
Liquid Wrench
Very odd post history.
bearamedic99
AG
I have not seen Redstone in a while and thought he is MIA.
schmendeler
AG
He was posting on the politics board a while back. It's possible he got the ban.
BCG Disciple
AG
So Natalie Portman's grandmother once lived in a Romanian territory? I like the dedication to the subject matter, but REACH much?

Reminds me of Adam Sandler laying claim to jews in showbiz...Harrison Ford is 1/4 Jewish..Not too shabby!!
Bruce Almighty
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I think Redstone finally got the perma-ban hammer for some passive aggressive anti-Semitic posts on the politics board.
Potcake
AG
Why the ban, because he didn't fully commit to the anti-Semitism? They don't like wishy-washy hate.
Al Bula
AG
Reported this chode for spamming a few days ago:

https://texags.com/forums/69/topics/2962439
OCEN99
AG
Romania's greatest contribution to modern culture:

Apache
AG
Very much liking fine acting of Bulgarians, superior to Romanians Gypsy people. Romania home of Transylvania people like Vampyre, much suck.
jeffk
AG
Thank you?
Liquid Wrench
Potcake said:

Why the ban, because he didn't fully commit to the anti-Semitism? They don't like wishy-washy hate.
Funny you say that, since baseless comments like this one are probably what got him to stop posting.
The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's ****ing interesting man. That's ****ing interesting.
StackedStoneTile
Your superficiality denotes a zero historical and cultural knowledges. How can you say that romanians are gypsies? Romanians have an over 2000 years of history.
Al Bula
AG
StackedStoneTile said:

Your superficiality denotes a zero historical and cultural knowledges. How can you say that romanians are gypsies? Romanians have an over 2000 years of history.
TX AG 88
AG
Borat posts here?! wow!
PatAg
AG
k
PatAg
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Potcake said:

Funny you say that, since baseless comments like this one are probably what got him to stop posting.
baseless implies that it's not true
Counterpoint
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Potcake said:

I didn't take that as a slam on Redstone, I took it as a swipe at the politics board.

Whos Juan
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

bearamedic99 said:

I think Redstone finally got the perma-ban hammer for some passive aggressive anti-Semitic posts on the politics board.
Wait a second...Are we sure this guy isn't Redstone?
Belton Ag
AG
Whos Juan said:

Bruce Almighty said:

bearamedic99 said:

Wait a second...Are we sure this guy isn't Redstone?
I'm pretty sure this guy is redstone.
Know Your Enemy
AG
When can we expect the thread on actors from Yemen?
Liquid Wrench
Hey Nav
AG

Equal treatment for Romanian Americans!
StackedStoneTile
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I've didn't read the description of the thread. I've seen a lot of my favorite songs and I've posted also some of my '90 favorite songs. Like I've said, I've didn't knew that there, the thread is made just for one wonder hits. Cheers!

P.S. I am posting late, because I can't respond more thana few times per day.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.