*** A Star Is Born ***

27,622 Views | 213 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by NoahAg
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Decent trailer but I can't say I have a huge desire to see it. Biggest draw for me is that Jason Isbell wrote the song Cooper is singing in the trailer. Would be awesome if somehow Isbell brought home an Oscar.

PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Well, s--t.

I guess now I'm going to a movie with Lady Gaga in it.

Edit: This is not sarcasm.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Madmarttigan
AG
Can't argue that she has a good voice.
Formerly tv1113
FancyKetchup14
AG
Was it Isbell or Lukas Nelson? (Willie's kid)
Jim01
AG
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
AlphaCharlieUniformAggie said:

Well, s--t.

Lady Gaga is talented as hell!!
TajMaballer
AG
My excitement for this movie goes up every time I see the trailer (which is probably tied with Fallout as my most watched trailer. These two played in front of just about every movie)

First song is officially released, which will probably be their Oscar nomination for Best Song.

Old Main
AG
Can hardly wait to see this movie.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Wow....Cooper can sing
Diggity
AG
Gaga has a Peg Bundy thing going for her in that video.
chimpanzee
That trailer is pretty awesome, I'm a sucker for harmonies.
G Martin 87
AG
Got our AMC Stubs A List reservations for Friday night.
agdaddy04
AG
This will certainly be on our list to see.
double aught
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

Wow....Cooper can sing
If that weren't enough, he's fluent in French, the a**hole.

Tanya 93
Jason Isbell is the best song writer in America.

He puts emotions and stories I never thought were possible into his songs.

Hope he does get the Oscar for that song. It's amazing,
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
As much as I would like Isbell to get his due, guarandamntee the studio pushes Shallow for the Oscar, bc it was written by Gaga, Mark Ronson and others. unfortunately, its more "hollywood". doubt he even gets a nom, which is sad, bc his is a much better song.
MooreTrucker
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

AlphaCharlieUniformAggie said:

Well, s--t.

Lady Gaga is talented as hell!!
And not nearly as outrageously goofy as she has been in the past.
BTHOB
AG
https://variety.com/2018/artisans/production/bradley-cooper-lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-2-1202966079/amp/

Wow, pretty cool all the performances are live.
Pignorant
AG
Just got out of theater.

It won't win Best Picture but it's a solid albeit flawed movie.

The vocals from Lady Gaga are insane.
Rudyjax
AG
Cooper models his character after Eddie Vedder's. I have to see it.
fightinags2013
AG
Loved it.
Several Oscar nods coming for this one. Original song, best actor, etc
TajMaballer
AG
Full soundtrack is available on streaming services!

I will say it's essentially the full movie. So if you don't want to spoil the movie, watch the movie first, then enjoy the soundtrack.
Wicked Good Ag
Lady Gaga will be major props for her acting debut along with her obvious vocal talents but I think Bradley Copper was extremely good

One of my three favorite movies this year and the soundtrack might have to be a purchase soon
Southlake
Just saw it this afternoon:

Acting was outstanding and as good as Cooper is, GaGa just about stole every scene she was in. Very very
watchable and likeable.

First half was much better than the last half.

Gaga's singing was superb; Cooper was very good

Sam Elliott was his usual bad-self. Loved him.

I admit, we were slightly disappointed in the overall movie. It's a trite story line.

Don't want to give anything specific away as the movie is brand new and I don't want to spoil anything. I'll make my plot observations later.

B-

Wicked Good Ag
I would rank it behind Black Panther and Fallout this year of the ones I have seen.

And Andrew dice Clay as the father was not recognizable to me. I remembered him being in the credits before and saw the ending credits and was like who do he play.
Rudyjax
AG
This is one of the few movies I've seen a trailer for in the last 10 years I want to see.
Know Your Enemy
AG
It was OK but overall I was disappointed.
Noblemen06
AG
My wife and I thought it was incredible. Acting and music were great (really great) and it hits you in the feelings quite a few times. Bought the soundtrack walking out of the theater and we're likely to see it again before too long.
Rudyjax
AG
I told my wife I wanted to see the movie where Bradley Cooper plays Eddie Vedder and she said she was out.
Know Your Enemy
AG
FWIW, I didn't get an Eddie Vedder vibe at all from Cooper.
Rudyjax
AG
Junkhead said:

FWIW, I didn't get an Eddie Vedder vibe at all from Cooper.

His look and mannerisms were inspired by Eddie.
G Martin 87
AG
As soon as I saw the father, I recognized him as Andrew Dice Clay. He was superb! I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he gets a supporting actor nomination.

Lady Gaga steals the show, as expected. But Bradley Cooper was amazing.
TCTTS
AG
At this point, I honestly don't see how this doesn't win Best Picture. I just got out and that was flat out amazing. Somehow even better than the buzz, and this has been one of the most buzzed about movies in years. Absolutely electric. Cooper is going to win everything. That dude is in rarified air right now. I seriously may have to see it again in theaters, and I'm definitely downloading the soundtrack ASAP.

Just... wow. I'm stunned at how good that was.
TCTTS
AG
Also, random, but Chris Pratt was in my showing. Someone alert Sex Panther. He was there with his girlfriend, Katherine Schwarzenegger (yes, Arnold's daughter), and another guy. I've been around my fair share of movie stars and they're almost always a little shorter and just a little different in person. Pratt, though, is exactly as you'd expect. Dude just had a smile on his face, seemed like the nicest, most relaxed guy ever, and flat out looked like a damn action/movie star. Not in the lobby nor in the theater did I see a single person bother him, but more impressive, he didn't have that semi-paranoid, overly discrete vibe that so many stars have in public. He carried himself like a normal, happy-go-lucky guy, one who just so happens to be one of the biggest stars on the planet. Weird to say, I know, but he just had a noticeably different vibe about him that so many others I've seen didn't. Just seemed super cool all around.
walton91
Saw it tonight and thought it was fantastic. Lady Gaga was amazing in pretty much every scene. The movie did a nice job of including elements true to Gaga, such as the bar where she first meets Cooper. Complaints are minor. I felt like Cooper is a little too young to be playing a character who was that "old" and grizzled but maybe that's just the fault of Jeff Bridges and Crazy Heart. While I do love me some Chappelle, his character came out of nowhere, then completely disappeared and seemed to only fulfill the "magical negro" trope for Cooper's character. That was a little disappointing. Overall, though, this was definitely one of the better movies I've seen this year.

Here's a good little article about all the personal and honest touches that Cooper included in the movie
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/10/a-star-is-born-original-lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-easter-eggs/amp

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.