Wild Wild Country Netflix Docuseries

13,992 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pahdz
Mike Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drugs.

On episode 3. Did Bhagwan do anything other than wave his hands to the crowd of nutjobs?
91_Aggie
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Drugs.

On episode 3. Did Bhagwan do anything other than wave his hands to the crowd of nutjobs?
They mentioned at some point in the documentary that before he came to USA, he "went silent" and decided to never speak in public... which is why all he did was the Namaste "pose" with his fingers constantly.

I imagine he had built his cult of personality already at that time and knew that speaking anymore might damage the "air of mysticality" he had built. he was more revered by his cultists than if he had continued to speak. Because once he started speaking after what's her name left, he screwed up badly.
NoahAg
I'm on episode 4, and they could have condensed this quite a bit. It's dragging. So far I gotta say I side with the loony cult. Freedom of religion, expression and all.

$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Agree. It dragged for me too. It was good but didn't think it was as Earth shattering as many did.
Mike Elko
AG
Gotcha. Makes sense now that I finished the series.

Damn, Sheila was a real witch from start to finish. Glad she served time, albeit at a country club. The original mayor was a weak turd, and the lawyer was a goober who likes to hear himself talk. All-in-all, good series, but I definitely enjoyed The Keepers and Evil Genius much more.
Pahdz
Sheela was Trump before Trump

My favorite line so far (only three episodes in) is "they were educated beyond their intelligence"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.