Counterpart - New Series on Starz

7,962 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DTP02
NC2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was perusing through the on-demand offerings last night, and I saw that Starz had episode 1 of Counterpart available for viewing (season premier is on 21JAN2018). This looks like it's going to be a great show! J.K. Simmons does a great job playing the two different characters (plot here), and the storyline is interesting. I definitely will be putting this on my DVR schedule.
Tonyperkis
AG
That sounds like a really interesting premise.
Belton Ag
AG
Been meaning to post about this since I've been seeing the previews on Starz. Looks very good.
BJM1781
AG
Thanks for the heads-up. Been looking forward to this one. Wife and I will be watching tonight.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Strong start. I am in
Bunk Moreland
Gonna start tonight or tomorrow
Tonyperkis
AG
First episode is great. I'm hooked
Clavell
AG
Enjoyed first episode. Well done and well acted.

"Facts no longer exist. Everything is a "point of view" now."
Daniel Suarez's 2011 "Freedom"
TCTTS
AG
Full pilot. I plan on giving it a shot this weekend and then ordering Starz if I'm into it. Good to hear all the favorable reviews so far...

mazzag
AG
Just finished the first episode. Loved it. Is his wife Bruce Willis' wife in the sixth sense?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Si
TCTTS
AG
This has to be one of the most inventive premises I've seen in quite some time. So damn good and they milk it for all it's worth. Two episodes have aired so far and I could not recommend it enough. Starz has a free seven day trial via their app on Apple TV, but I was also able to get DIRECTV to give it to me for $7/month for one year. Definitely give it a shot if you get the chance.
NC2001
AG
Last night's episode was pretty good. This sort of reminds me of Orphan Black. I do like how "original" Howard is slowly growing a spine. His counterpart must be rubbing off on him ;-)
Tonyperkis
AG
Yeah, this is scratching my Fringe itch for sure. I'm so excited to follow this show. The dynamic of people's lives going different ways after the split is a pretty limitless domain for writers. Any character they develop on this show has a counterpart on the other side that they can adjust to make the narrative really fascinating. I think this is going to continue to be really good, especially with someone as strong as J.K. Simmons driving it.
Bunk Moreland
I think they're both rubbing off on each other.

"Hardened" Howard shows it less (obviously), but deciding to stand up to Eric for beta Howard, and also requesting to stay/sleep at beta Howard's house, etc.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Show is great so far. I was fully captivated by those first 2 episodes. Didn't find myself grabbing my phone or any distractions. Simmons is strong in it!
TCTTS
AG
Just watched episode three and this train is showing no signs of slowing down. Just endlessly fascinating. The negotiations with the other side, in particular, were incredibly intriguing. I can't believe how much they've milked from this premise in only three episodes while somehow continuing to expand the world/mysteries. Haven't been this into a new show in a while.
Tonyperkis
AG
Yeah, episode three really delivers. Show getting better and better. Anyone not watching this, come on board!
mavsfan4ever
AG
I've seen the first two and love it so far.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hot lesbian scene. THIS SHOW HAS IT ALL!
Clavell
AG
Different having main character about my age and my hair style

"Facts no longer exist. Everything is a "point of view" now."
Daniel Suarez's 2011 "Freedom"
DannyDuberstein
AG
Great scene where Prime finds the ultrasound while Silk sits in the room of "his" daughter
Bunk Moreland
started to get some background context on the worlds on this past episode.

Really enjoying this.
Bunk Moreland
Not sure if I'm talking to myself at this point or not but last night's episode was fantastic. Major plot reveal.

I was 100% committed to Quayle being framed by his father in law and didn't even think about his wife(who likely is also working with her dad). Well done swerve by the show runners to basically show no home life of Quayle up to that point.
et98
AG
JK Simmons' performance on this show is the best I have seen in years, probably sense of Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad.
TCTTS
AG
Finally caught up as well, and you're not alone. This show is still phenomenal. I get that it's relatively slow, and that the dreary European setting probably turns a lot of people off, but man, it's just so damn good.

As for Quayle's wife, yeah, that was a great reveal, but I'm not 100% certain her dad's in on it too. Can't wait to find out, though.
mazzag
AG
He's just realized he's not himself but his other. Kinda explains his sex addictness. I really thought he was going to off himself with the gun in the safe. Awesome show.
TCTTS
AG
Wait, did he just realize he's his other (how would that even happen?) or has Clare been playing a long con undercover as his wife? I thought it was the latter.

At some point in the past two or three episodes, I could have swore Clare told Baldwin that she too saw her other die. So I assumed Other Clare killed and replaced Wife Clare in Timeline A.

Though, I admit, how would that explain the coffee mug stain on the document?
DannyDuberstein
AG
He is himself. Clare killed her other and took her spot on this side. The coffee stain was his because it's his document -> he recognizes the stain on the copy and realizes the copy was made from the original in his safe. I assumed the stain itself was just innocently done by him at some point in the past and he simply recognized the odd shape of his cup. Then given he immediately leaped to suspecting Clare, I took that to mean he's shared the safe code with her before.

I think her father on this side is innocent, but the one on the other is not. There's not much need for Quayle if her dad on this side could be the mole. She replaced this side's Clare unbeknownst to them and used them both to get herself close.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Or maybe her father on the other side died from the flu
DannyDuberstein
AG
There you have it - both parents died from the flu and she went to the "school". Dumbass drunk Quayle gives away their advantage.
Bunk Moreland
Well after last night I'd have to imagine Quayle is a 1 season arc kind of guy. Wrong choice last night for him, but sets up a great finish.
The Debt
Bump
TCTTS
AG
Why the two week break before the final episode? Anyone else notice that on the "Next episode" bit? It'll now be airing Easter Sunday. Figured they'd want to avoid that.

Oh, well. Either way, I can't wait.
Bunk Moreland
really fun penultimate.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.