Counterpart - New Series on Starz

7,903 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DTP02
toucan82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
approximately 75% of my interest in the finale is hoping for an explanation of their plan
The Debt
So what I have pieced together. So the two world "prime" and "flu"

Flus leadership is infighting. Primes leadership is winning all the diplomatic battles. Flu believes "he who controls the door, controls both worlds." (You will notice their shooter was targeting the customs agents.)

So Howard-flu is part of strategy-flu, strategy is really tactical. From what it seems most the leadership of flu is behind the jihadist wing rather than the status quo wing of the infighting. Even the lead diplomat is backing the hardline flu folks.

It seems the entire flu leadership is hardline, I feel the strategy department is being intentionally left in the dark.
M.C. Swag
AG
Just a 'hey, that guys looks familiar' moment....

Harry Llyod, actor who plays Peter Quayle in Counterpart, also played the part of Viserys from Game of Thrones. Took me forever to place him.

Just wanted to point that out! Great show!
mazzag
AG
Thank you! It's been driving me crazy trying to place him.
jschroeder
I may be slow but it feels like they threw a few too many curves into the finale.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, most of the season was a slow, great build, but the finale did feel a bit rushed and all over the place. Still good though.
Bunk Moreland
Agree with both. Enjoyed the season and loved the slow burn. I didn't need them to kill off half the cast and tie up a bunch of plot lines early. Would have been nice to have had some more of those plots lingering until next season but oh well.

S1 was worth my time.
TCTTS
AG
What a welcomed surprise. I had no idea this was coming back this year. Figured it'd be early 2019 again, but I just looked it up, and the pilot premiered last December, where as the rest of the episodes didn't premiere until late January, so I guess it lines up...

SeMgCo87
AG
TCTTS said:

What a welcomed surprise. I had no idea this was coming back this year. Figured it'd be early 2019 again, but I just looked it up, and the pilot premiered last December, where as the rest of the episodes didn't premiere until late January, so I guess it lines up...

I originally subscribed to STARZ to get OUTLANDER, but both my wife and I are really looking forward to S2-E1 of COUNTERPART in December. It has an excellent plot/storyline, and the premise of Outlander is good as well.

Not to mention Man In The High Castle. Geez, what is it with all of these Time Travel, Parallel Universe, Alternate Reality shows???? Never suspected it would appeal to so many.

We rarely watch old Network TV; well, except for The Manifest...
Tonyperkis
AG
This is great news!
mazzag
AG
S2 Starts Sunday! Can't wait!
NC2001
AG
DVR didn't record the Season 2 opener. How was it for folks who saw it?
Tonyperkis
AG
So happy about this! I'm in a show hole
Bunk Moreland
was looking for this thread. Didn't even realize it started back up last week. Looks like I've got a double feature this weekend.
mazzag
AG
I'm tired of the Emily Silk storyline.
jschroeder
Best episode of series.
MrPlow2010
AG
Just caught up with this season. This last episode was great. Really liking this show and wish it was more popular.
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, I was hoping we'd eventually get a flashback episode that covered the "incident" that started it all in more detail, and this one delivered that + more with how management started and evolved. Great episode.
Aggie12B
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

Really liking this show and wish it was more popular.
I'm really surprised that this show doesn't have a stronger following on the entertainment forum.
oragator
https://deadline.com/2019/02/counterpart-canceled-2-seasons-no-third-season-starz-shopped-elsewhere-mrc-jk-simmons-1202554359/

Cancelled.

I am getting hammered this past year, about half the shoes I watch are ending or got canceled.

JD Shellnut
AG
Damn. I really liked this show. I hate to hear that news. It was a very interesting concept.
NC2001
AG
One of the best underrated shows on television.
Dro07
AG
dammit I was burning my way through this show finally... did season 2 have an ending or left it open?
Bunk Moreland
I dont' have the starz access anymore but will watch S2 when it's done and I can snag it on another platform.
DannyDuberstein
AG
oragator said:

https://deadline.com/2019/02/counterpart-canceled-2-seasons-no-third-season-starz-shopped-elsewhere-mrc-jk-simmons-1202554359/

Cancelled.

I am getting hammered this past year, about half the shoes I watch are ending or got canceled.

DAMMIT!!!!!!!

Great show, but actually takes some brainpower to follow along and keep up. Had a feeling this would happen. Not to **** on Shameless because it was a guilty pleasure of mine for a number of years, but Shameless going 10 seasons while Counterpart gets cancelled after 2 says a lot about the american tv viewer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
dromo07 said:

dammit I was burning my way through this show finally... did season 2 have an ending or left it open?
Season finale is next Sunday, so not sure yet. But my guess is that it will be left open. However, some **** is definitely in process of going down though, so there's the chance it may end up in a semi-decent point of closure if no streaming services pick up a 3rd season.
oragator
Just an ok last episode, but at least they closed most things up before it went away.
RichardSplet
agreed, but thought there is definitely much more for the show to explore.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sad it's over, but they did a good job wrapping it up. Awesome moment when the infected crew looks up to see Howard Prime standing there.

The very end reminded me of the end of Life (Jake G in the capsule)
DTP02
AG
Just finished watching this show after bingeing it the last few weeks. It's on Prime now. Definitely recommend it, as it has a great premise and is well-executed.

And don't be turned off by the fact it got canceled after two seasons, because it ends on a note that could just as well have been a planned series finale.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.