***Black Mirror (Season 4)***

6,416 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Released on December 29th. Can't wait.

SeattleAgJr
look at me. I have a time machine, and am bragging about something released in my past but your future.
trueaggie2782
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

look at me. I have a time machine, and am bragging about something released in my past but your future.

That's the way black mirror works.
SeattleAgJr
touche.
Counterpoint
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

That's the way black mirror works.
But it would have horrible and unintended consequences!
Post removed:
by user
Ginormus Ag
AG
There goes my Friday night!
swimmerbabe11
Just turned on episode 1...anyone?
mavsfan4ever
AG
Favorite show out there. How many episodes this season?
swimmerbabe11
I'm a big dummy and it drops tomorrow. I accidentally watched half of the past episode before I realized I had seen it
Counterpoint
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm a big dummy and it drops tomorrow. I accidentally watched half of the past episode before I realized I had seen it
I'm a bigger dummy. I thought it came out at midnight, but it actually comes out at 2am CST, so I tried to make it till 2 to watch the first episode, but fell asleep at 1:45.
Kate Beckett
AG
Watched them all. Man alive, thats scary. Hang The DJ was my favorite of this season.
Geriatric Punk
AG
I'm so on this tonight.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
bobinator
AG
Only one I didn't care for was Crocodile. I thought Callister and Hang the DJ were the best, but they both deal with similar themes.
boy09
AG
USS CAllister was the best, Hang the DJ was 2nd, Metalhead was the worst. The other 3 were pretty average as far as Black Mirror eps go.
Geriatric Punk
AG
The voice cameo at the end of USS Callister was awesome. Can't wait to crush another one tomorrow.
Bunbury
AG
Just finished the fourth season, all pretty awesome and love the Netflix money really upping the production value. The running theme of 'cookies' and carbon copying yourself into code/computers is getting interesting. And I thought the Crocodile and Metalhead episodes were amazing television, even if they didn't focus as much on themes and questions.

Spoiler after finishing episode 6
Excited to see if they do anything else to tie these into a single world/timeline. Maybe some sort of grand finale?
The Milkman
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

The voice cameo at the end of USS Callister was awesome. Can't wait to crush another one tomorrow.
I knew I recognized it, but couldnt pinpoint it immediately until I looked it. Makes sense because I think he and LandryLance are friends
lazuras_dc
AG
I really liked USS callister (could be my favorite of the whole series), then got disappointed by the next two. Hang the DJ was pretty cool. I couldn't finish metal head, and I liked Black Museum enough- downsides to it are:
1) pain=boner guy story didn't do much for me, and the whole "trapped consciousness" concept was done already this same season with USS callister (and again in before in white christmas).
Geriatric Punk
AG
Ha. I had forgotten they worked together. Not sure how. When we heard his voice my and wife and I both looked at eachother and that "a ha" moment!

"I'm the king of space, b***h!"
bobinator
AG
I thought Black Museum was only okay because it indicated that most everything on Black Mirror has happened in a shared universe which is kinda neat.

The actual story itself of Black Museum was kinda meh.
swimmerbabe11
What did I miss? How did it do that ?
Sex Panther
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Seriously?
The Milkman
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

All of the items in the museum were from previous episodes
PrincessButtercup
AG
I'm midway through Black Museum right now. Intense.

I think the Space Fleet episode was my favorite. Archangel was too predictable i thought.
Synopsis
third coast.. said:

In. Love this show.

Me too. And I'm not that much of a TV watcher.
drmwvr
AG
Not season 4 related but I just watched Shut up and Dance...that's about the most depressing story I have ever watched
HustlerAggie
drmwvr said:

Not season 4 related but I just watched Shut up and Dance...that's about the most depressing story I have ever watched
Followed next in season 3 by one of the most uplifting and beautiful stories I have ever watched, San Junipero.
HustlerAggie
bobinator said:

I thought Black Museum was only okay because it indicated that most everything on Black Mirror has happened in a shared universe which is kinda neat.

The actual story itself of Black Museum was kinda meh.
I actually liked the references to the previous shows.

I also liked the episode probably the best of season 4. I always like the twist endings, though.
BenFiasco14
AG
Dear god this season sucked. Crocodile and USS Callister were somewhat redeeming qualities but the rest was just preaching at me. Every single episode ended in some sort of stupid social message I don't care to see. I'm watching Black Mirror. I want to feel like I need a shower after an episode, not an appointment to give a donation to the ACLU
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Btron
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Dear god this season sucked. Crocodile and USS Callister were somewhat redeeming qualities but the rest was just preaching at me. Every single episode ended in some sort of stupid social message I don't care to see. I'm watching Black Mirror. I want to feel like I need a shower after an episode, not an appointment to give a donation to the ACLU

What was the message for Hang the DJ or metalhead? The only one that I thought had a clear message was Arkangel.
The Milkman
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Ya know you don't need appointments to make a donation.
P.C. Principal
BenFiasco14 said:

How so??? The only thing I can think of would be a message against torture in Black Museum. Though that episode felt like another version of White Christmas.
Buck O Five
AG
Electric Dreams appears to be Amazon's version of Black Mirror in case no one had shared that previously.
bobinator
AG
I get what this guy is saying, I'm tired of being pounded over the head with the crazy liberal agenda. Just a quick run down of some of the absurd liberal takes this season:

USS Callister - Slavery is bad
Arkangel - Social engineering and secretly drugging your children is bad
Crocodile - Murdering is bad
Hang the DJ - Using apps to meet people is good
Metalhead - Escaping murder-bots is good
Black Museum - eternal imprisonment and torture for the public's entertainment is bad.

Like, let's present both sides folks.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.