Jackie Chan & Pierce Brosnan - The Foreigner

7,963 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by A New Hope
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Looks interesting, I'll see it.
double aught
AG
Jackie Chan goes the Taken route. Looks awesome.
TexasAggie_02
AG
double aught said:

Jackie Chan goes the Taken route. Looks awesome.
except he doesn't get his daughter back.

probably for the best though, otherwise, she'd get taken 2 more times.
PlanoAggie
AG
Glad to see Jackie Chan back -- always liked him!
schmendeler
AG
looks worthwhile
Complete Idiot
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Looks pretty good.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Martin Campbell directing Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan?

It's like getting a James Bond film you never knew you really, really wanted.
AgPediRPh
AG
Wow that looks really cool! I just hope the trailer didn't reveal too much
Complete Idiot
jjmanzano said:

Wow that looks really cool! I just hope the trailer didn't reveal too much
I was told Jackie Chan's character is killed less than halfway into the movie and the remaining 90 minutes is spent watching Brosnan and crew blow up little girls.
OldArmy71
AG
What absolute PC crap. The terrorists are IRISH!?! Good grief.
double aught
AG
OldArmy71 said:

No sure if serious.
OldArmy71
AG
Absolutely serious. Who has been attacking people in London? Hint: It's not the IRA.
White Liberals=The Worst
OldArmy71 said:

Yep, pretty silly, kind of like in Sum of All Fears how the terrorists were white supremacists. Anything to avoid offending Muslims these days. Hollywood went full-throttle BSC a long time ago.

That being said, this movie looks awesome.
OldArmy71
AG
I agree that the movie looks good.
schmendeler
AG
OldArmy71 said:

I don't know that Pierce Brosnan fits the ISIS-archetype.
double aught
AG
schmendeler said:

OldArmy71 said:

I don't know that Pierce Brosnan fits the ISIS-archetype.
Exactly. Plus the IRA was bombing that part of the world long before ISIS.
PatAg
AG
I seem to remember a quintessential Sean Bean saying "they're gone!"

Was an Irish terrorist
Al Bula
AG
OldArmy71 said:

For real! When have the Irish ever been the terrorists in a movie?

GiveEmHellBill
AG
OldArmy71 said:

MooreTrucker
AG
RPM said:

OldArmy71 said:

Well, see, there's where the misunderstanding came. Sean Bean isn't in this movie, so no Irish terrorists.
OldArmy71
AG
I am well aware of IRA attacks on England. My sister was yards away from a bombing in London in the 1980s.

That was 35 years ago.

Some of you may have heard of the "Belfast Agreement" in 1999 which led the IRA to stop the bombings. Since then, only rogue elements of the IRA have attacked in England, the most recent being SIXTEEN YEARS AGO.

Islamic terrorists, on the other hand:

Quote:

• 2005, 7 July: 7/7 central London bombings conducted by four separate Islamist extremist suicide bombers, which targeted civilians using the public transport system during the morning rush hour. Three bombs were detonated on three separate trains on the London Underground and one on a double-decker bus. 56 people were killed and 700 were injured. It was the UK's worst terrorist incident since the 1988 Lockerbie bombing and the first Islamist suicide attack in the country.
  • 2007, 30 June: Glasgow International Airport attack perpetrated by Islamist extremists. Five people were injured and the only death was of one of the perpetrators.
  • 2008, 22 May: Exeter attempted bombing in a caf toilet by an Islamist extremist, injuring only the perpetrator.

• 2013, 22 May: A British soldier, Lee Rigby, was murdered and decapitated in an attack in Woolwich by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale, two Islamist extremists armed with a handgun and a number of bladed implements including a cleaver. Both men were sentenced to life imprisonment, with Adebolajo given a whole life order and Adebowale ordered to serve at least 45 years.
  • 2015, 5 December: A man with a knife attacked three people at Leytonstone Tube Station in East London. The attacker was 29-year old Muhaydin Mire who was shouting "this is for Syria". The attacker was found guilty of attempted murder in June 2016. Three people were injured in the attack and one was seriously injured.
  • 2017, 22 March: 2017 Westminster attack Khalid Masood, a 52-year-old British man, born in Kent as Adrian Elms, drove a car into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge, before crashing the vehicle into the Palace of Westminster's perimeter. He then entered the grounds of the Palace of Westminster, the meeting place of the Houses of Parliament, before being confronted by a police officer, whom he fatally stabbed before being shot himself. Six, including the perpetrator and the officer, were killed in the incident, and 49 people were injured. The attack is being treated as an act of terrorism motivated by Islamic extremism.
  • 2017, 22 May: 2017 Manchester Arena bombing A large explosion caused by a British suicide attacker with a bomb at the Manchester Arena, Manchester, killing 22 individuals and injuring 120. The attack occurred shortly after an Ariana Grande concert had concluded, and is the most deadly terror related incident in the United Kingdom since the 7/7 London bombings in 2005.
  • 2017, 3 June: June 2017 London attack. 8 people were confirmed dead and at least 48 injured, some critically. A white van drove at high speed across London Bridge, running into groups of people, then crashed. The occupants then ran to nearby Borough Market, where they stabbed many people. All three of the terrorists involved were shot dead by police eight minutes after the incident was reported. All three were wearing imitation suicide bomb vests.
  • 2017, 19 June: A van was rammed into people walking near Finsbury Park Mosque in London after tarawih prayers. Local authorities have said that there are eleven injuries. One person died near the time of the attack, although whether this victim died of unrelated causes is unclear. The police declared the incident a terrorist attack.

Obviously this movie was filmed before the events of 2017, but surely any rational person, when asked to identify who might set off a bomb in London today, would not think "Real IRA."
MASAXET
AG
I think ISIS could make the Pierce Brosnan-government-mole-type tie-in difficult, but don't let that get in the way of your snowflake sentimentalities. Surely the movie doesn't explain the plot and players any deeper than this trailer . . .
Bobcat06
AG
RPM said:

OldArmy71 said:

Will he be playing Alec Trevelyn?
schmendeler
AG
OldArmy71 said:

I am well aware of IRA attacks on England. My sister was yards away from a bombing in London in the 1980s.

That was 35 years ago.

Some of you may have heard of the "Belfast Agreement" in 1999 which led the IRA to stop the bombings. Since then, only rogue elements of the IRA have attacked in England, the most recent being SIXTEEN YEARS AGO.

Islamic terrorists, on the other hand:

Quote:

• 2005, 7 July: 7/7 central London bombings conducted by four separate Islamist extremist suicide bombers, which targeted civilians using the public transport system during the morning rush hour. Three bombs were detonated on three separate trains on the London Underground and one on a double-decker bus. 56 people were killed and 700 were injured. It was the UK's worst terrorist incident since the 1988 Lockerbie bombing and the first Islamist suicide attack in the country.
  • 2007, 30 June: Glasgow International Airport attack perpetrated by Islamist extremists. Five people were injured and the only death was of one of the perpetrators.
  • 2008, 22 May: Exeter attempted bombing in a caf toilet by an Islamist extremist, injuring only the perpetrator.

• 2013, 22 May: A British soldier, Lee Rigby, was murdered and decapitated in an attack in Woolwich by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale, two Islamist extremists armed with a handgun and a number of bladed implements including a cleaver. Both men were sentenced to life imprisonment, with Adebolajo given a whole life order and Adebowale ordered to serve at least 45 years.
  • 2015, 5 December: A man with a knife attacked three people at Leytonstone Tube Station in East London. The attacker was 29-year old Muhaydin Mire who was shouting "this is for Syria". The attacker was found guilty of attempted murder in June 2016. Three people were injured in the attack and one was seriously injured.
  • 2017, 22 March: 2017 Westminster attack Khalid Masood, a 52-year-old British man, born in Kent as Adrian Elms, drove a car into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge, before crashing the vehicle into the Palace of Westminster's perimeter. He then entered the grounds of the Palace of Westminster, the meeting place of the Houses of Parliament, before being confronted by a police officer, whom he fatally stabbed before being shot himself. Six, including the perpetrator and the officer, were killed in the incident, and 49 people were injured. The attack is being treated as an act of terrorism motivated by Islamic extremism.
  • 2017, 22 May: 2017 Manchester Arena bombing A large explosion caused by a British suicide attacker with a bomb at the Manchester Arena, Manchester, killing 22 individuals and injuring 120. The attack occurred shortly after an Ariana Grande concert had concluded, and is the most deadly terror related incident in the United Kingdom since the 7/7 London bombings in 2005.
  • 2017, 3 June: June 2017 London attack. 8 people were confirmed dead and at least 48 injured, some critically. A white van drove at high speed across London Bridge, running into groups of people, then crashed. The occupants then ran to nearby Borough Market, where they stabbed many people. All three of the terrorists involved were shot dead by police eight minutes after the incident was reported. All three were wearing imitation suicide bomb vests.
  • 2017, 19 June: A van was rammed into people walking near Finsbury Park Mosque in London after tarawih prayers. Local authorities have said that there are eleven injuries. One person died near the time of the attack, although whether this victim died of unrelated causes is unclear. The police declared the incident a terrorist attack.

Obviously this movie was filmed before the events of 2017, but surely any rational person, when asked to identify who might set off a bomb in London today, would not think "Real IRA."

Damn, you're right. This is going to be a terrible documentary on the current state of terror attacks in Great Britain.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quote:

Damn the filmmakers for not anticipating the terror attacks of 2017 two years ago and rewriting their script accordingly.

Also, I don't think Pierce Brosnan could pull off a convincing Muslim character.
AgPediRPh
AG
Quote:

I don't think Pierce Brosnan could pull off a convincing Muslim character.

No spoilers!!!
Post removed:
by user
G Martin 87
AG
I can't wait to see this. But I am a little worried how a Jackie Chan character who appears to be so grim and humorless will actually work out.
Sapper Redux
So the only terrorists we're allowed to imagine or think about are Muslims? Good grief. Turn on Hannity, make a cup of warm milk, curl up in your Trump Snuggie, and the world will be alright for you. The rest of us can enjoy the movie.
MooreTrucker
AG
Dr. Watson said:

So the only terrorists we're allowed to imagine or think about are Muslims? Good grief. Turn on Hannity, make a cup of warm milk, curl up in your Trump Snuggie, and the world will be alright for you. The rest of us can enjoy the movie.
HEY!!! Don't be lumping all of us Trump supporters into the pile with that goob. I have no problem with it being IRA bombers. Where does it say that it happens present day anyway?
Complete Idiot
Based on a book written in the early 90's
Sapper Redux
MooreTrucker said:

Dr. Watson said:

HEY!!! Don't be lumping all of us Trump supporters into the pile with that goob. I have no problem with it being IRA bombers. Where does it say that it happens present day anyway?

Oh, I'm not. I'm well aware that most folks are capable of enjoying a movie with non-Muslim terrorists. And for the record, I thought turning the terrorists in Sum of All Fears (who weren't even all Islamic terrorists in the book) into Nazis was beyond idiotic. It depends on the source material.
scoop12
AG
Came out this werkend. I loved it. Pierce Brosnan's character was awesome as a former criminal turned politician. It had tons of good action, but actually a real solid plot. Anyone else catch it?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.