Tom Hardy is VENOM

35,477 Views | 315 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Madmarttigan
ramblin_ag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw it on demand. I'm usually a big comic fan but I did't like this one. It hits nearly every bad comic movie trope. All we were missing was a portal in the sky and we had the plot equivalent anyway.

1. Antihero
2. Awkward with super powers at first
3. Villian basically the same as hero
4. All the biggest actions scenes are 100% cgi

On other notes, Venom goes from wanting to eat everyone on Earth to being its protector in 5 minutes of screentime. Brock goes from being a heroic jerk to just a jerk and then back to a heroic jerk. The superaliens are completely dependent on both human bodies and human rocket technology.

It was on par with Michael Bay Transformers movies to me. Basically special effects and the same old story
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This movie was horrible from special effects, to acting, and story. So generic and I really thought it was maybe just the trailer but the CGI/art style was just turrble.

This was a flat out half assed movie that is barely a step above Suicide Squad.

Spending the extra money to rent in 4K might have made everything too noticeable.
Formerly tv1113

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.