Shooter

8,073 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 10andBOUNCE
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This show keeps getting better and better. I've enjoyed it a lot so far.
ORAggieFan
Last night was awesome. A few moments from the book.

Read the book last week. Awesome book. Show does a good job keeping the story but updating it for today. The shotgun taped to him last night was from the book and I laughed when he said he didn't want to tape her hair, as the book he tapes her entire head.
bigcat22
AG
Really interested to see which direction they take the finale next week, if they wrap up the story or leave a cliffhanger for season 2
Bulldog73
AG
Any way to catch the whole season? Do you know if it's on demand or anything, or will I have to wait hoping it comes on a marathon or netflix?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Does USA have it online or are they on demand?
Bulldog73
AG
I just checked. DirecTV has access to watch it all On Demand. I recorded them all to my TV, now I get to play catch-up.
Dro07
AG
great episode by far!

I really don't think that Lon is dead though... more of a face wound
Average Joe
AG
I had the same thought at first, but I've convinced myself otherwise.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I was really interested to see their interpretation of the mountain top scene from the movie. I can't remember how that was done in the book. I certainly didn't know what was going to happen, but Ole Bob Lee really whooped 'em again.
BEaggie08
AG
dromo07 said:

great episode by far!

I really don't think that Lon is dead though... more of a face wound
Haha. I rewatched that in slow-mo a couple of times. Dude is dead.
Old Jock 1997
AG
I caught up using the USA app on my iPad.
ORAggieFan
Thoughts on finale?

I thought it was pretty solid overall. The last few minutes I wasn't a fan of. I get where they were going based on the book, but the book was way better ending.

Super happy for a second season this summer.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Not having read the books, I'm assuming Omar Epps' character is gone but Swagger gets roped into whatever the next thing is that was hinted at in the closing minutes of the finale.

I really liked how Memphis was in this vs the movie, she felt a lot more useful.
bigcat22
AG
Thought the finale was decent, some things felt a bit rushed in my opinion. Really looking forward to season 2, hopefully it will be more than 10 episodes
JW_TXAG13
AG
What are people's thoughts on how it hinted that Swagger shaved down the firing pin? That he just had a feeling something was going to happen?

Seems odd to me as why would he still go into the assassination knowing something like that.
Bulldog73
AG
I think he felt something was off, and wanted to make sure he was covered. The picture hanging off probably gave him the feeling someone had been in there.
FTACO97
AG
Jansen90 said:

What are people's thoughts on how it hinted that Swagger shaved down the firing pin? That he just had a feeling something was going to happen?

Seems odd to me as why would he still go into the assassination knowing something like that.
He felt something was wrong, but how was he to know the site would be setup with his own rifle? He was still under the impression he was helping the secret service and was trying to stop the assassination.
lunchbox
In the book, he noticed something else that made him shave the firing pin....he was laying there in bed over-analyzing everything that had been going on and decided to do something to protect himself.

In the show, it was the picture on the floor that made him realize someone had been in the shop.

IMO, I liked how the movie handled it. Every time Bob Lee left his guns unsupervised, he swapped the firing pins out of habit/precaution.
ChipFTAC01
AG
So I finished watching this weekend and was generally pretty happy with how it happened. It makes me want to go back and read the book. It's been too long and I can't remember what the movie left out.

I am confused by Beverly D'Angelo's character. Is she supposed to be somewhat analogous to Ned Beatty's character? Was her whole mission that she roped in Omar Epps for was to flush out the cancer of the Russian and Tom Size more because they were mucking up all of their shady stuff?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I'm 3 episodes in...pretty good so far I like it.

Having not read it is this closer to the book? There are differences from movie to series of course. Just curious.

ChipFTAC01
AG
No, other than the general premise and character, it's not really too much like the book. There are a few specific beats and interactions they modify to fit the new setting and time frame but it's significantly different from the book.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing, imo
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Just finished. Good show entertained for sure.

Not that it was boring or dragged really but the last 3 episodes felt like one long drawn out standoff....just kept changing the venue. but I was still engaged.

Just felt like a 2.5 hour movie extended to 7.5 hours mostly with decent content, but some filler.

Still...overall liked it a lot.

Interested to see where it goes from here. Has the potential to be repetitive like 24 or Prison Break but....they could change it up a lot and surprise me.
bigcat22
AG
Solid episode to start season 2 last night. Haven't read the books so I'm not sure if this story line to totally new or not.
bigcat22
AG
Not sure if anyone is still watching, but I just read this weeks episode will serve as the season 2 finale as Ryan Phillipe injured his leg and was unable to film the remaining episodes. Hoping this gets picked up for a third season as there are way too many open story lines to end the show like this.
duck79
AG
It felt like the finale ended strangely. That makes sense.
agdaddy04
AG
I know this is an old thread, anyone else stick around for all 3 seasons?
10andBOUNCE
AG
Here. It probably wasn't the best show content and acting wise, but I was entertained.
agdaddy04
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

Here. It probably wasn't the best show content and acting wise, but I was entertained.

This was my feeling too. Felt like the budget and script got progressively worse but it still had me hooked.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I actually thought the ending was pretty solid. Wasn't expecting the series of events and people dying at the end.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.