Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,149,056 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Post removed:
by user
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There are still less than 10 that we actually know about in the books + some of legend with unknown whereabouts.

Quote:

Blades known to still exist:
Blades with known fates:
Blades with unknown fates:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Valyrian_steel#List_of_known_Valyrian_steel_blades
bangobango
AG
Isn't one of the swords forged from a meteorite or something?
Fenrir
Dawn
Line Ate Member
AG
So every house's champion to the north for an epic Flying V into the sea of death. What could go wrong?
Al Bula
AG
I'll go ahead and say Sam, Brienne, Jon, and stealer of Tommen's sword use valyrian steel to kill the others.

Wildcard: whomsoever wields littlefinger's dagger.

I hope Bronn and Jaime participate.
bedofbrass33
AG
Minor spoiler which I think is shown in a season 7 trailer.

Danny is shown in a cave full of obsidian underneath Dragonstone. Arm everyone with dragon glass. The coolest kids get the Valyrian steel swords.

I'm starting to get the feeling Azor Ahai is another dead end story thread that will be ignored on TV.
bangobango
AG
bedofbrass33 said:

Minor spoiler which I think is shown in a season 7 trailer.

Danny is shown in a cave full of obsidian underneath Dragonstone. Arm everyone with dragon glass. The coolest kids get the Valyrian steel swords.

I'm starting to get the feeling Azor Ahai is another dead end story thread that will be ignored on TV.

No way. If anything, it is a bigger deal in the show than in the books.
Madman
AG
Pam Poovey said:

I wanted the High Sparrow to be Howland Reed, exacting revenge on behalf of the Starks and the North. Just strange that his character was incinerated. What? Where did he come from? What was the point of the faith militant? Was it really just to get Cersie naked and shame-sheared?
Cersie killed a bunch of people with wildfire in the same city her brother killed a king in to stop a bunch of people getting killed by wildfire.

I believe Jaime will also kill Cersie now.
M.C. Swag
AG
It'd help if the show provided some more backstory on the PWWP. All the audience really knows from the show is what Melisandre has said...and to so far she's been little more than a front running, crazy woman who burns children at the stake. So in some ways, I don't think the show has really highlighted this aspect as well as the books. Especially when you consider how little has been said for the sword Lightbringer, which is just as crucial as the person wielding it.
FightinTexasAg15
AG

Awesome video, a little NSFW as a warning though
redline248
AG
Quote:

I'm just a poor little silver-haired Khaleesi,
But if you f-ck with me I'LL TORCH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

that was honestly pretty damn good....made me laugh several times. the editing was great on the fights and explosions too. got better as it went on actually.
redline248
AG
Brienne + Tormund was legit lol
Independent George
AG
I had always hoped Gendry would find his way to the blacksmith that Tywin Lannister had brought in to rework Ice; become his apprentice to learn to work with valaryian steel. Possibly rediscover how to forge it?

Where did that guy hail from and can it be reached by rowboat?

Would be cool to learn there are a ton more White Walkers than previously believed and at the same time find out Gendry can forge V steel.
Madman
AG
redline248
AG
Given what it does to the walkers, I'm guessing no one has figured out how to forge it bc it involves magic.
Independent George
AG
Exactly. Dragons were extinct. The others were fairy tales and Bran is now the three eyed raven. Why can't the rediscovery of forging valaryian come into play? Heck maybe Sam figures it out and colludes with Gendry and Drogon to make it happen.

Unlikely they touch on the subject but still would be pretty cool to have yet another legend of the past come back.
SeattleAgJr
A Dance with Dragons was published 6 years ago today.

The Winds of Winter still nowhere in sight.

Javelina
AG
I'm convinced he's done with the books. He's content to let HBO finish the story.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Independent George said:

I had always hoped Gendry would find his way to the blacksmith that Tywin Lannister had brought in to rework Ice; become his apprentice to learn to work with valaryian steel. Possibly rediscover how to forge it?

Where did that guy hail from and can it be reached by rowboat?

Would be cool to learn there are a ton more White Walkers than previously believed and at the same time find out Gendry can forge V steel.
If I recall, Tywin said in the show that the smith was in Volantis. Probably a bit far for rowing, even with Gendry's guns.

FWIW, I think Gendry may have just gone back to King's Landing. No one actually knows what he looks like, save for the bull's head helmet identifier. Plus, they think he's dead. No reason not to just go back home and presumably keep smithing, especially once Joffrey was murdered.
Urban Ag
AG
Javelina said:

I'm convinced he's done with the books. He's content to let HBO finish the story.
You would think that with what he already has written for Winds of Winter and with material HBO has provided in Season 6 and now Season 7, he cobble it together and get it to print.

But I agree and have for some time. I used to think we would get TWOW and he'd be done but I don't even think that will happen now. GRRM got so far off the tracks in AFFC and ADWD creating such a wonderful mess that there is literally no way he could have the energy or motivation to finish it all out. This is particularly true considering how good a job HBO has done in both omitting characters and arcs unneeded to move the story to completion and picking up arcs (and closing many already) where GRRM left off.
BJM1781
AG
Here's a theory that he's actually already done with the book, and an announcement will be coming soon... (fingers crossed)

http://www.avclub.com/article/conspiracy-theory-george-r-r-martin-has-secretly-f-257977
redline248
AG
That would be a rather unexpected surprise. I'll go ahead and cross my fingers with you.
Eliminatus
AG
BJM1781 said:

Here's a theory that he's actually already done with the book, and an announcement will be coming soon... (fingers crossed)

http://www.avclub.com/article/conspiracy-theory-george-r-r-martin-has-secretly-f-257977
That assertion is incredibly tenuous....at best. Even my fan boy goggles can't read anything into that.
SeattleAgJr
BJM1781 said:

there was nothing presented there.

he is not writing the TV show because the book is not done.

he has already stated that he is not writing any of his other projects, just serving as producer.

that link is literally fake news.
BJM1781
AG
Ok, buddy. Didn't say it was actual news, just a theory.

But thanks for fitting a Trumpism in there (and using 'literally' as well)!

Sad!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think a fun parody video would be rewriting Spoonman to Stoneman, and have the whole song about Jorah and Grey Scale.
OnlyForNow
AG
I think he is done with WoW and is just waiting for something.

I also think he wants to combine the last two books into a giant novel and he is still writing a Dream of Spring (aDoS).
AgLaw
AG
Champ Bailey said:

I think a fun parody video would be rewriting Spoonman to Stoneman, and have the whole song about Jorah and Grey Scale.
Here's a starter kit:

Feel the chill run through your bones
(Just a touch turns you to stone)
Stoneman
Later stages of greyscale
(Swimming must be hard as hell)
Stoneman

Stoneman, don't let them touch you with their hands
They live, not too far from Volantis
They live, yeah
Live, oh

Well, all their friends live at the bridge
(I wonder if they ever itch)
Stoneman
They got Jorah on the arm
(Wrist wrapped up to hide the harm)
Stoneman

G Martin 87
AG
So many books, so little time.
Urban Ag
AG
OnlyForNow said:

I think he is done with WoW and is just waiting for something.

I also think he wants to combine the last two books into a giant novel and he is still writing a Dream of Spring (aDoS).
I think he is sitting on the couch with a large pizza, a 64 oz Big Gulp, a pad of paper and a pen, re-watching Season 6.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AgLaw said:

Champ Bailey said:

Here's a starter kit:

Feel the chill run through your bones
(Just a touch turns you to stone)
Stoneman
Later stages of greyscale
(Swimming must be hard as hell)
Stoneman

Stoneman, don't let them touch you with their hands
They live, not too far from Volantis
They live, yeah
Live, oh

Well, all their friends live at the bridge
(I wonder if they ever itch)
Stoneman
They got Jorah on the arm
(Wrist wrapped up to hide the harm)
Stoneman

Awesome.

Stoneman, Feel the disease spread up your hand
Save me, from becoming a monstrosity.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

Yep. There are only five known/verified Valaryian steel weapons in Westoros.

Longclaw - with Jon
Oathkeeper (formerly Ice) - with Brienne
Widow's Wail (formerly Ice) - with Jamie or in KL
Heartsbane - with Sam
the dagger - not sure where it resides now

Five weapons against the WW and their massive horde will not change the tide. Almost ridiculous to even consider. And since HBO went out of it's way to introduce Heartsbane in S6 and give it some backstory, I don't think that is insignificant at all, nor just some medium to get another Valaryian blade in to the mix for the War to Come.

"Dawn" - The Dayne's / Sword of the Morning
Icecream_Ag
S
SpreadsheetAg said:

Urban Ag said:

Yep. There are only five known/verified Valaryian steel weapons in Westoros.

Longclaw - with Jon
Oathkeeper (formerly Ice) - with Brienne
Widow's Wail (formerly Ice) - with Jamie or in KL
Heartsbane - with Sam
the dagger - not sure where it resides now

Five weapons against the WW and their massive horde will not change the tide. Almost ridiculous to even consider. And since HBO went out of it's way to introduce Heartsbane in S6 and give it some backstory, I don't think that is insignificant at all, nor just some medium to get another Valaryian blade in to the mix for the War to Come.

"Dawn" - The Hightower's / Sword of the Morning
meteorite
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.