Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,137,898 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
BallerStaf2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PMD03 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Well I have to applaud the writers.....this is brilliant. Setting up Dany/Jon/Tyrion for the eventual comeback victory.

We all know thats what will happen just a matter of how. And honestly Dany came into this season with too much of a huge advantage - she had a huge army of warriors and eunuchs, huge fleet, strong allies in the Tyrells and Martells (Dorne and Highgarden) and oh yeah 3 freaking dragons.

She professed to not wanting to just turn the place to ash and in trying to be strategic they allowed themselves to lose their fleet, and both allies basically and half of their army is stranded across the continent.

Cersei et al were a huge underdog actually in this best of 7 series. They've taken games 1 and 2 though and now it's an interesting series.

In retrospect, it had to play out this way...a straight up war with KL would have been over in 1 episode.

This is going to be much much better in the payoff.

I expect Dany to get back in the groove winning games 3 and 4 to even the series....then Cersei will win a surprise game 5 before Dany closes it out with games 6 and 7.

Meanwhile, the Night King is sweeping the North bracket and will have plenty of rest for the finals.

News just broke on Sportscenter that Kevin Durant signed with the Night King. Quite a team.
The Debt
I don't know why yall are still discussing euron and yara. The show made it obvious the Lannisters expected them at Dragonstone. Euron is at KLs which is at the inner most part of a bay. The ONLY WAY for Euron to sail is east RIGHT AT DRAGONSTONE which is at the mouth of the bay.
The Debt
annie88 said:

Rhaegar is Jon's father so you think that Daenerys would see some kind of resemblance in Jon to him.
she never knew that brother, he died during Roberts rebellion and she was an infant.
redline248
AG
Again, it's a matter of timing and information. Basically, Euron would have had to catch Yara at the exact right time. Euron would have to be coming out of the bay just as Yara left. That or he somehow knew they already sailed, knew he had to turn south, and was fast enough to catch her fleet.

The Debt
"Yea man. It doesn't make sense! Euron attacks her from starboard, if she's heading south he should have been coming from the stern!"
The Dog Lord
AG
dc509 said:

Quote:

Cersei being a reflection of the mad king is just a poetic arc for Jamie

This is it. In the book Jaime's internal monologue gives you a very good understanding of his motivations and beliefs. He killed the king knowing it would stain him, but as Aery's was about to burn Kings Landing so he did what he had to. Cersei blowing up the sept(sp?) is not something that would sit well with him. That part of Jaime doesn't come through as well in the show.

Not to mention how Jaime and Cersei are essentially over already in the books. He is trying to play the White-knight Lord Commander of the Kingsguard role. Cersei openly mocks him.
cr06gis
AG
Euron is quickly becoming my favorite character.
AggieSouth06
bangobango said:

redline248 said:

Am I the only one that thinks Euron found Yara's fleet by coincidence? Cersei/Jaime predicted Dany would go to Dragonstone, so did they tell Euron to sail that way? He couldn't have possibly known that Yara's fleet had already left to go to Dorne.

Along those lines, did Yara or Tyrion think the seas were completely empty of any opposition?
Not to get back into this, but Euron finding Yara in the dead of night like that without some serious intel that was not revealed to us is really, really unrealistic. Even then, it would be hard to believe. The way that they had it was beyond ridiculous and completely unrealistic for how naval warfare with less sophisticated technology really happens.

yeah, yeah, I know the show has magic and dragons. yada yada save your breath.

I participate in very little naval warfare in my day-to-day life, but if somebody was hugging a coastline wouldn't you just need to:
1. Be in their way, and
2. Have spotters in your crows nests watching the horizon in the exact direction you know they'll be traveling?
SeattleAgJr
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
*Jon
EFE
AG
I have an extremely simple monosyllabic first name that is always misspelled on my "the little cup-black coffee" when I go through a Starbucks. I'd be happy if all they added was an "h"
DCPD158
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

Calling my shot- LF offs Bran next episode (thus the scene with the dagger). Bran's too much of a threat to his plans.
I think that scene is a flashback by Bran. He "sees" LF give the blade to the assassin and the scene shows the assassin drawing the dagger as he enters Bran's room in the tower after his fall in S1.
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
AggieSouth06
EagleFordEarl said:

I have an extremely simple monosyllabic first name that is always misspelled on my "the little cup-black coffee" when I go through a Starbucks. I'd be happy if all they added was an "h"

Lol enjoy your mocha, Ur'rl
Greeze06
AG
Who scooped up Reek? I was hoping it was Victarion.
AgFB
AG
No mention of Ellaria Sand looking smoking hot even with cry/mad face?
OnlyForNow
AG
Seemed to be just a no name boat captain on their side.
Texags is garbage
Do y'all think the next episode will consist of some criticism of Tyrion's war tacticts? I have a feeling there's a Texag's Game Thread level meltdown in the Dany camp after getting clowned on twice. I'm thinking Team Dany could use some advice from Davos and Jon.
redline248
AG
Dany is for sure going to give Tyrion an earful.
Bazooka Joe
AG
another angry ag said:

Do y'all think the next episode will consist of some criticism of Tyrion's war tacticts? I have a feeling there's a Texag's Game Thread level meltdown in the Dany camp after getting clowned on twice. I'm thinking Team Dany could use some advice from Davos and Jon.

Or Sir Joris.
Post removed:
by user
The Debt
Ah yes! Sir Joris Mornmont!
CapCityAg89
AG
Greeze06 said:

There is no Victarian in the show -Euron is a blend.
CapCityAg89
AG
And can we sticky something on the show's lack of continuity from story to story and theme to theme. I swear half the posts in these threads are questioning the time travel implicit in the scenes. It was true in the books and it is more true on the show.
Sapper Redux
CapCityAg89 said:

Greeze06 said:

That's right. In the show Euron killed his own wife for sleeping with him.
wangus12
AG
All this talk of the Greyjoy fleets really make me wonder about the true force on the seas

marble rye
AG
Trident 88 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Semantics. He snuck up on her fleet and basically drove his boat thru her cooch before she knew he was there. Seems like some form of out-maneuvering was involved.

Just making the point that due to what appeared to be gross negligence, Yara was beaten before she even entered the fray.

All Yara's character has been to the show is some lesbian action and innuendo. In the books, she is more formidable and daunting. There have been several charcters that have been filler and not a real contribution to the show simply bc it isnt possible to cover all the book matter.

Will be glad when Yara's character is done.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
mazzag said:

These aren't ships that are burning.

Jaime riding through the fire?
PatAg
AG
The Debt said:

I don't know why yall are still discussing euron and yara. The show made it obvious the Lannisters expected them at Dragonstone. Euron is at KLs which is at the inner most part of a bay. The ONLY WAY for Euron to sail is east RIGHT AT DRAGONSTONE which is at the mouth of the bay.
Seriously, just google image search "map of westeros" and look at where dragonstone is in relation to king's landing . Then look at how much water there is to cover. They also sailed within sight of coast line's primarily with the tech they lacked.
PatAg
AG
TxElsie said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

redline248 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Tyrion is also a dragon rider/Targaryen and she hasn't caught onto that either.
absolutely zero evidence of this being the case.

Yes, there is.

Tyrion's mother died at childbirth. So did Jon Snow and Daenerys' mother.

The Mad King visited and always bedded the Lord of where he was visiting's wife.

Tywin said "you are a Lannister since I cannot price you are not mine"

The dragons did not attack him when he entered their crypt.

In the books he frequently talks about how interested he is in dragons and fire.

He is absolutely half Targaryen
They also make an issue in the books that "blood will tell."

Several of Robert's *******s look just like him - that was how Jon Arryn knew that Cersi's kids weren't Roberts.

Books mention several times that the Targs have white hair and purple eyes, and that the Lannisters have green eyes. Book describes Tyrion as having one green eye and one black (it appeared purple) one peered out from under a lank of hair so blonde it seemed white.
That was never stated or even implied in the books. It's implied that it may have happened this one time though.
BallerStaf2003
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Greeze06 said:

I just want to go on the record and say I think that is a good thing that Victarion doesn't exist in the show. He spent two books sailing the ocean trying to get to daenerys. It was an awful read.
Sapper Redux
Dave Robicheaux said:

mazzag said:

These aren't ships that are burning.

Jaime riding through the fire?

Those are Dothraki.
cone
AG
still a great character tho
OnlyForNow
AG
Well Euron isn't magic in the show, but he seems to be a pretty bad-ace pirate which is taken directly from Victorian minus the whole smoking/burning arm thing.
cone
AG
fair enough, but kind of a half measure

can't help that the show is limited in scope
Malcolm52
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

CapCityAg89 said:

Greeze06 said:

I just want to go on the record and say I think that is a good thing that Victarion doesn't exist in the show. He spent two books sailing the ocean trying to get to daenerys. It was an awful read.
Of all the new characters GRRM threw in during AFFC and ADWD I feel like he was the most interesting one. IMO
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.