Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,794 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not even sure Tyrion wants The Rock anymore. Probably be just as happy to see it sacked and burned.

Tyrion, like many if not most of the GOT characters, have evolved and developed in a similar manner, doesn't necessarily want wealth or power. They want meaning. As noted above, it's not a con.

I'd go as far as to even say that the character evolution across the books and the series has essentially left two different camps of characters.

Those that seek power, wealth, and/or vengeance: Dany, Cercei, Renly, Stannis, LF, Euron, Ellaria, Olena, Arya, Robb, Ramsay, even Sansa

Those that seek meaning, purpose, redemption: Davos, Jon, Tyrion, Thoros, Beric, the Hound, Brienne, Jamie, Theon, Sam, Varys, Jorah, even Melisandre in her own f'd up way

TheVarian
AG
Definitely agree. Would be a sick twist from Martin but he's been through so much, the last thing he wants to do is put up with more ****
bangobango
AG
TheVarian said:

What if he plays everyone to become king?

Then the last episode he is sitting on the iron throne and he pulls off his face and it is really Arya, and then she pulls off her face and then we see she is really the Waif, and then she pulls off her face and it reveals that she is actually the Night King. Then Fin.
DannyDuberstein
AG
One more - then the Night King pulls off his face and it's Hot Pie.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

And then Hot Pie pulls off his face and it's Robert Baratheon who faked his own death and all those people died for nothing.

You can really go anywhere in a universe where people can be brought back to life and switch faces.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Ellaria and Tyene are definitely going to have a terrible time next episode
Farmer1906
AG

DP
Farmer1906
AG

Quote:

Quote:

And then Hot Pie pulls off his face and it's Robert Baratheon who faked his own death and all those people died for nothing.

You can really go anywhere in a universe where people can be brought back to life and switch faces.
And then Robert takes off his ruby necklace and turns into hundreds of year old Aegon then rides off on a skeleton dragon.
Farmer1906
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I'm calling burned alive with a small chance of poison.
MandoArms
aggie1906 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

I think Bron will save one of them and then has a happy reunion with his old buddy the Hand of the Queen.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggie1906 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Poison the girl..Just like they did to Myrcella. Let Ellaria live and know all her children are dead - just like Cersei. Eye for an eye. At least for a while.

Yara I'm not sure about.
Farmer1906
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggie1906 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Poison the girl..Just like they did to Myrcella. Let Ellaria live and know all her children are dead - just like Cersei. Eye for an eye. At least for a while.

Yara I'm not sure about.
Yara has to die if Captain Bam Sparrow wants the salt throne.
JJxvi
AG
aggie1906 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggie1906 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Yara I'm not sure about.
He already has it.
Farmer1906
AG
JJxvi said:

aggie1906 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggie1906 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Yara I'm not sure about.
He already has it.
Well right, and a half (a quarter? a handful?) of his people left with their "queen".
JJxvi
AG
Probably would be a smart move to kill her though, but IMO he doesn't really need to kill either one of Balon's kids. They both have inherently weaker claims as long as he's on the winning side in the overall war. One is a girl, and one can't reproduce.
TheVarian
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggie1906 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggie1906 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Yara I'm not sure about.

I just meant I'm not sure how she will die. I'm sure she does though. He can't leave her alive she is a threat always.
The Debt
aggie1906 said:

JJxvi said:

aggie1906 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggie1906 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Yara I'm not sure about.
He already has it.
Well right, and a half (a quarter? a handful?) of his people left with their "queen".

1. He won the kingsmoot, the election, with an overwhelming majority

2. The defectors that went with yara have been returned to the drowned god.
FTAG 2000
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggie1906 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Yara I'm not sure about.

I kinda figured that Tyene is going to get handed over to Zombie Mountain right in front of Ellaria. Maybe he even gives her the Oberin treatment, but however she dies will be done in front of Ellaria.

Or maybe she gets the poison treatment, then mom gets the head crush. It'll be brutal though whatever it is.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I think Zombie Mountain is going to be involved.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggie1906 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Yara I'm not sure about.
The most punishing thing they could do is.

A) Poison Tyene in front of Ellaria
B) Give Ellaria to the Mountain as a play toy...
cone
AG
prediction: the sands end up dead, but not before landing one last punch.

otherwise what the f was the point of dorne. to kill myrcella?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
So with all the Martell's gone (and the sands, uggghhh) who has the most legit claim to Dorne now?

Some cousin? An Yronwood?
Greeze06
AG
Dark Star
smokeythebear
AG
cone said:

prediction: the sands end up dead, but not before landing one last punch.

otherwise what the f was the point of dorne. to kill myrcella?
I mean, Oberyn was pretty cool. But yea, the rest have really sucked.
MW03
AG
Maybe it's a little subtle tip of the cap to the book readers by giving us a little GRRM-esque pointless, exhaustive exposition that ultimately leads nowhere and wastes a lot of time.
Wes97
AG
aggie1906 said:

Quote:

Quote:

And then Robert takes off his ruby necklace and turns into hundreds of year old Aegon then rides off on a skeleton dragon.

How about the last face pulled off reveals George RR Martin. He gives a big belly laugh and says "this is the only ending that you are getting because I am done writing the books." That would be the most in-tune with his history.
Murder Hornet
AG
aggie1906 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Then zoom out to a young George RR Martin playing with a snowglobe
Urban Ag
AG
MW03 said:

Maybe it's a little subtle tip of the cap to the book readers by giving us a little GRRM-esque pointless, exhaustive exposition that ultimately leads nowhere and wastes a lot of time.
This.

Dorne is one of the many reasons GRRM can't/couldn't finish the books. In the books, Dorne offered literally nothing to progressing the story. Dorne gave us literally the most worthless set of POV chapters that added nothing but pages to the book (Quentyn). The only thing of value IMO was the Penthouse forum-esque descriptions of Arianne Martell. Other than that, I can tell you what an over-ripe blood orange sounds like when it hits pavement.

In all seriousness, once Cercei kills Ellaria and the other Sand Snake, I think Dorne is done in the series and only existed this season and last to align another army to Dany. I'd say they are out of the picture at this point.
redline248
AG
Quote:

Dorne is one of the many reasons GRRM can't/couldn't finish the books. In the books, Dorne offered literally nothing to progressing the story.
To be fair, we don't really know where Martin plans (planned) to go with Dorne. I won't be surprised if it's much different than what we've seen in the show. Doran is not the dummy that the show makes him out to be, and Oberyn's side piece has almost no influence in the books. Hell, Jaime isn't even going to Dorne in the books, and is somewhere in the Riverlands. Dorne's army/navy probably still play an integral part of the story with Jon Connington and the fake Aegon running around.
cone
AG
Quote:

align another army to Dany
but that's failed now, right?

plus, you can't go back to the zombie-mountain-rapes-cersei's-enemy-to-death well again, can you? something has to end up different.
CapCityAg89
AG
Aegon isn't fake in the books. I'm guessing he dies though as he didn't even make a mention in the show.
DannyDuberstein
AG
cone said:

Quote:

align another army to Dany
but that's failed now, right?

plus, you can't go back to the zombie-mountain-rapes-cersei's-enemy-to-death well again, can you? something has to end up different.
I was thinking something more creative but still utilizing Zombie Mountain.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I could see Cersei taking them to the dungeon area, and opening the door and we get some disgusting view of Septa Unella all messed up
cone
AG
prolapse?
First Page Last Page
Page 67 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.