Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,058 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
AggieSouth06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12
AG
Stupid dragons
AgMarauder04
AG
wangus12 said:

Stupid dragons
I read it's actually significantly more expensive to render the wolves because they are real and must LOOK real, unlike dragons. It's why Ghost wasn't in Battle of the *******s
annie88
AG
Yeah I think like 5-6 months have passed in the show...

Except Cerseis hair still looks like crap!
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Seabreeze
With the Milkwater river and the Sea to the East of the wall frozen, can the WW's just walk around the wall now instead of going through it?
smokeythebear
AG
Snoopaloop said:

With the Milkwater river and the Sea to the East of the wall frozen, can the WW's just walk around the wall now instead of going through it?
Shhhh... Don't tell the Night King!
Goose
AG
Snoopaloop said:

Maybe, maybe not...

What... is the sea-thawing efficiency of an unladen dragon?
Seabreeze
Secrets safe with me.
redline248
AG
Maybe the ice is too weak to support an army of undead and giants?
Urban Ag
AG
redline248 said:

Would make for a funny scene. WW doing that hissing, screeching, thing, pointing the ice spear at the tiny strip of ice, trying to instruct the wights to use it to go around the wall, but they keep slipping and falling in to the ocean. Night's King sitting on his dead horse face-palming (inner monologue - oh f*** it, back to blowing up the wall).
The Debt
redline248 said:

the WWs bring the cold. They were able to will the childrens of the forests magicfire away, surely they can harden ocean ice
RDV-1992
Quote:

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. Only then would her womb quicken once again..."

Maybe this means that the White Walkers will make the bay there at Eastwatch by the Sea dry up and walk around the wall that way. Maybe it involves the "Mountain that looks like a needle" [per the Hound] exploding somehow - maybe its a volcano that is as bright as the sunrise?
MW03
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

MW03 said:

Help me remember...

I'm trying to think, but I believe Varys appeared in Meereen after the Sons of the Harpy tried to gank Dany in the fighting pit and she took off on Drogon. He was with Grey Worm, Tyrion, and Missandei after that, but Dany was gone. Right before Dany shows back up, Varys has taken off for Dorne after recruiting the red priests.

So when did Dany and Varys actually meet for the first time? On the ship to Dragonstone?

correct....they were never even in the same city that we know of until just before sailing for Westeros

Dany early on stayed in the home of Illyrio who is Varys close friend but he was not there. Varys was in Westeros except briefly when he smuggled Tyrion over to Essos but we saw no meeting at that time.

Varys turned up in Mereen to help Tyrion just after Dany had flown off on Drogon and went to the Dothraki.

Varys left just before she returned to go solicit help from Dorne with Olenna and Ellaria. He was not there when Dany met with Tyrion, confronted the masters or when Theon and Yara were there.

So Varys presumably came back in the interim but was unseen before they sailed for Westeros/Dragonstone. I would assume they met before they boarded but who knows.

Thanks, amigo.
Javelina
AG
chipotle
Javelina said:

FFFFAAAAAkkkkk!!!!
GoneGirl
AG
annie88 said:

Yeah I think like 5-6 months have passed in the show...

Except Cerseis hair still looks like crap!
It takes a while to go from bald to something you can work with.
GoneGirl
AG
A quote from a book that just came out today pretty accurately explains some of the issues here.

"Many millennials don't event have a big TV, if they own one at all. This I'll never understand. How do they watch Game of Thrones on an iPhone screen? Author George R.R. Martin put a lot of love into all that raping and murdering and pillaging and I feel these images should be viewed on no fewer than 60 inches of high definition."

--Jenn Lancaster, Stories I'd Tell in Bars.
cone
AG
sidebar

lol at poor millennials
Farmer1906
AG
Millennial Here. I watched on my projector screen in my media room.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggie1906 said:

Millennial Here. I watched on my dad's projector screen in his media room.

FIFY
SpreadsheetAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Then you have nothing to worry about because the chances of us getting more books are about as slim as Cersie winning the Iron Throne in the long run. Highly unlikely at this point

http://io9.gizmodo.com/grrm-says-the-winds-of-winter-may-arrive-in-2018-or-ear-1797172611
Quote:

Taking to his preferred platform of choice, Livejournal last night (22-JUL-2017) to offer an update on his writing progressfirst, the good news: his work on the first in a now two-volume series cataloguing the full history of House Targaryen is mostly complete, with plans to release the first volume later next year:
Quote:

Regulars here may recall our plan to assemble an entire book of my fake histories of the Targaryen kings, a volume we called (in jest) the GRRMarillion or (more seriously) Fire and Blood. We have so much material that it's been decided to publish the book in two volumes. The first of those will cover the history of Westeros from Aegon's Conquest up to and through the regency of the boy king Aegon III (the Dragonbane). That one is largely written, and will include (for the first time) a complete detailed history of the Targaryen civil war, the Dance of the Dragons. My stories in Dangerous Women ("The Princess and the Queen") and Rogues ("The Rogue Prince") were abridged versions of the same histories.

No publication date has been set yet, but it's likely that we will get the first volume of Fire and Blood out in late 2018 or early 2019. The second volume, which will carry the history from Aegon III up to Robert's Rebellion, is largely unwritten, so that one will be a few more years in coming.

^
Didn't know about that, but cool. I can see that being the seed material for the prequal HBO series.

Then there's this:
Quote:

Now, for the less-good news for those who've been waiting for The Winds of Winter: Martin no longer believes the book will be out this year. Work continues unabated, but there is one glimmer of hopeat the moment, he's unsure whether or not Winds or the first volume of Fire and Blood will hit shelves first, which basically means Winds of Winter could also be out by the end of next year or early 2019:
Quote:

And, yes, I know you all want to know about The Winds of Winter too. I've seen some truly weird reports about WOW on the internet of late, by 'journalists' who make their stories up out of whole cloth. I don't know which story is more absurd, the one that says the book is finished and I've been sitting on it for some nefarious reason, or the one that says I have no pages. Both 'reports' are equally false and equally moronic. I am still working on it, I am still months away (how many? good question), I still have good days and bad days, and that's all I care to say.

Whether Winds or the first volume of Fire and Blood will be the first to hit the bookstores is hard to say at this juncture, but I do think you will have a Westeros book from me in 2018... and who knows, maybe two. A boy can dream...

wangus12
AG
chipotle said:

Javelina said:

FFFFAAAAAkkkkk!!!!
The big fack off wolf gave me a stiffy. I mean the dragons are impressive, but a big fack off wolf would be amazing
SpreadsheetAg
AG
smokeythebear said:

Independent George said:

Quote:

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. Only then would her womb quicken once again..."
Dragon fires could mimic a sunrise/sunset
Seas might freeze over in the north somewhat
Wall coming down? Castles coming down?

Prophesies are vague in nature and can be fulfilled with symbolic events.
Maybe the Mountain dies?
Sun Rises in the west = Volcano?
seas go dry = turn to ice because of the long winter? Night King, etc.
mountains blow in the wind? - Maybe the Mountain get "roasted" by a dragon turning to ash and blowing away (like leaves). Or the wall comes crumbling down?
smokeythebear
AG
TxElsie said:

A quote from a book that just came out today pretty accurately explains some of the issues here.

"Many millennials don't event have a big TV, if they own one at all. This I'll never understand. How do they watch Game of Thrones on an iPhone screen? Author George R.R. Martin put a lot of love into all that raping and murdering and pillaging and I feel these images should be viewed on no fewer than 60 inches of high definition."

Definitely thought that said Jamie Lannister and I read it in his voice.

FWIW: Millenial cord cutter here. Still, I recently upgraded my 60" tv to a 65" tv and now I watch my HBO Now app on 65" 4k HD with 5.1 surround sound through Apple TV.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Alt Shift X finally posted his episode recap! For those who aren't familiar with his work, these videos are extremely well done and give great insight into the show!

Just got around to watching this. He referenced Ice Dragons at 2:30... which we know that GRRM has used in his previous writings, and they are cool

You may or may not want to read this theory:
What are the chances that Dany brings Dragons North, the WW's are able to bring one down and "wight" it? Giving them an "Ice Dragon"? I guess my question is, are Ice Dragons natural, or are they only created as part of the Army of the undead - if that's even possible?

Farmer1906
AG

Read it and get back to us.
Urban Ag
AG
So back in the spring I bookmarked a page that provided all the S7 spoilers that some reddit user posted, and later deleted. Apparently it was the same user that did the same thing for S6 and the spoilers were very accurate.

So after re-watching Ep 2 last night, I pulled up that bookmarked page and compared it and literally, Ep 1 and 2 matched, at least on the big ticket items.

If you don't want S7 to be spoiled DO NOT read any of the leaked spoilers as it appears that once again, they are legit.

Also, and it's my main reason for posting this, please don't post leaked spoilers in the form of "your own" theories or speculation as to the events to come. At a min, if anyone is going to try to pass off a spoiler as their own speculation, spoiler tags should be used. IMHO of course.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
smokeythebear said:

TxElsie said:

Definitely thought that said Jamie Lannister and I read it in his voice.

FWIW: Millenial cord cutter here. Still, I recently upgraded my 60" tv to a 65" tv and now I watch my HBO Now app on 65" 4k HD with 5.1 surround sound through Apple TV.
Same setup!
Trident 88
AG
M.C. Swag said:

There's 11 episodes left (5 this season).

I wouldn't underestimate the ability of this show to sneak a sex scene in (see: grey worm/missandei)

11 episodes is closer to 1 season than 2. They just cut it in half and called it 2 seasons.

Grey Work and Missandei damn sure didn't happen overnight. Like I said, there's too much other stuff going on for the show to properly "explore" anything but an alliance between Dany and Jon. They both have too much separate relationship history for just banging out a quickie to make sense, and far too much on their plates to even be thinking about it. So, at best (and assuming they both live to the end), we end up with an arranged marriage between Aunt Dany and her nephew.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Urban Ag said:

So back in the spring I bookmarked a page that provided all the S7 spoilers that some reddit user posted, and later deleted. Apparently it was the same user that did the same thing for S6 and the spoilers were very accurate.

So after re-watching Ep 2 last night, I pulled up that bookmarked page and compared it and literally, Ep 1 and 2 matched, at least on the big ticket items.

If you don't want S7 to be spoiled DO NOT read any of the leaked spoilers as it appears that once again, they are legit.

Also, and it's my main reason for posting this, please don't post leaked spoilers in the form of "your own" theories or speculation as to the events to come. At a min, if anyone is going to try to pass off a spoiler as their own speculation, spoiler tags should be used. IMHO of course.
So you're saying that I shouldn't post my theory about Theon and Gendry teaming up to rob a liquor store without spoiler tags?
M.C. Swag
AG
Got it man. I don't think any of us are hanging our hats on it happening...but in the infamous words of David Wooderson..."it'd be alot cooler if (they) did."
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I had some guy on reddit yesterday send me like 5 messages with what I assume are actual GoT spoilers. They were all one line so I couldn't help but see them when they popped up on my phone. No idea if they're real spoilers or not, but they guy is an ******* regardless
Trident 88
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Got it man. I don't think any of us are hanging our hats on it happening...but in the infamous words of David Wooderson..."it'd be alot cooler if (they) did."

Of course it would, but while you're sitting there waiting for something to deposit in your spank bank, why not dream bigger? How about a Dany/Missandei/Sand Snake (the hot one) 3-way scissor exhibition? It's almost as likely.
LHIOB
AG
As long as they watch out for Kennard
ellebee
LHIOB said:

As long as they watch out for Kennard

Too soon...
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.