Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,908 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Goldie Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
plowboy1065 said:

chipotle said:

powerbelly51 said:

If the series ends in any other way than The Night King sitting on the iron throne I will be disappointed.

Prepare to be disappointed. Towards the end of the series the dead are going to sweep through the kingdom. Only Bran will be left. Through some weird time travel stuff bran will alter the past (my theory is he WON'T take over King Aerys head that causes him to go mad). This will cause a catalyst of events that prevents past wars which has divided the kingdom. At the end you will see a united army making a stand at the wall against the white walkers with characters that didn't die (ned, robert, bunch of targaryens,etc.). Roll credits.

What if everything is one big time loop and Bran is the key to setting things straight which never happens

I like the time loop theory. White Walkers wipe everything out, Bran somehow kills the WW. Then only Bran is left, so he has to build a whole new society. Bran the Builder.
Line Ate Member
AG
Grayscale has already shown to be stopped from spreading, as evidenced by Stannis's daughter. The key may be in Dragonstone.
Urban Ag
AG
In regards to the horn in the books:
the book does not progress that far. Victarion has it and is sailing towards Slaver's Bay at the end of the book with the intent of using it to control the dragons. As a reader, I really liked the Victarion chapters but had pretty much written it off as another rabbit hole character arc and figured he'd try to control the dragons, end up Kraken BBQ, and Dany would have more ships for voyage home.

but I agree with you in regards to the horn and am not to thrilled at the idea of new comer Euron wrecking shop with his magic horn, with no real back story build up to what would be a major plot point and significant event. Hell, if they're going to do that might as well have Aegon, Jon Connington, and the Golden Company show up out of nowhere too

redline248
AG
Regarding Euron, his purpose is likely to serve as another way for Theon to complete his circle. Martin, I think, likes character growth and redemption of sorts. Theon is somehow instrumental in defeating Euron, thus putting the rightful Greyjoys back in power, and regaining his self esteem and confidence.
Farmer1906
AG
I feel like way too much good has been happening lately.

Everyone seems to love the Starks & Dany. Well we have a reunion at the wall, Ramsey defeated violently, Jon named KotN, Aria is getting all sorts of revenge, and Dany gained allies, ships, and is all of a sudden across the globe to Westeros. The last remotely "bad" thing to happen to the fan favs is that the most pointless Stark died.

I think it may be time for some more Ls.
wangus12
AG
I bet you just love Aggie Football season
Line Ate Member
AG
I believe those people who liked the Tyrells as well as the sand snakes are about to take them. I just hope the 3 sisters somehow make it out of Dorne. I would hate to see them meet an end without seeing them again...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Starks were **** on for 5 years. We were due.
Farmer1906
AG
wangus12 said:

I bet you just love Aggie Football season
Martin & Aggie football. Very similar. They break my heart every year.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

There were some highs.

Ned named hand of the King
Jon named lord commander
Jon defending the wall
Rob named KotN
Rob smashing some fine QotN.
Sansa engaged to Tyrian
Aria befriends a faceless assassin and escapes capture
Aria getting to hang out with the Hound

Dany pretty much always has awesome stuff happening to her the whole time. I know not a Stark, but the Dragon Queen needs to feel the burn.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
aggie1906 said:

Aria

Arya
smokeythebear
AG
aggie1906 said:

Everyone seems to love the Starks & Dany. Well we have a reunion at the wall, Ramsey defeated violently, Jon named KotN, Aria is getting all sorts of revenge, and Dany gained allies, ships, and is all of a sudden across the globe to Westeros. The last remotely "bad" thing to happen to the fan favs is that the most pointless Stark died.

You're forgetting Hodor, Margery, and Daario. They all took some hard L's last season and they were fan favorites too.
Farmer1906
AG
smokeythebear said:

aggie1906 said:

You're forgetting Hodor, Margery, and Daario. They all took some hard L's last season and they were fan favorites too.
Hodor for sure.

I was indifferent on Margery & Daario, but you may be right.
The Debt
When uncle Greyjoy shows up with Tyrions head and marries Cercei some of yall will burn your tvs
gougler08
AG
smokeythebear said:

aggie1906 said:

Is being left to defend a major city really taking an L? Certainly not like Hodor or Margery
The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner said:

They are still ***** Hths.

#TeamLittlefinger
Farmer1906
AG
gougler08 said:

smokeythebear said:

aggie1906 said:

Is being left to defend a major city really taking an L? Certainly not like Hodor or Margery
Getting dumped by Dany is. But we only liked Daario because of Dany.
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aggie1906 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

There were some highs.

and murdered

Jon named lord commander
and murdered

Jon defending the wall
and his girl killed

Rob named KotN
and murdered

and murdered in the baby belly

Sansa engaged to Tyrian
no love and no sex

and is abused for a year and blinded

sees the Red Wedding and then shows up to the Eyrie only to be told her aunt is dead
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

aggie1906 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

There were some highs.

and murdered

Jon named lord commander
and murdered

Jon defending the wall
and his girl killed

Rob named KotN
and murdered

and murdered in the baby belly

Sansa engaged to Tyrian
no love and no sex

and is abused for a year and blinded

sees the Red Wedding and then shows up to the Eyrie only to be told her aunt is dead

So this proves my first point. He's gives them a high then crushes them. Crushing will happen soon.
SeattleAgJr
smokeythebear said:

Quote:

Cruster's Keep was such a disturbingly awful situation that it makes sense to me that this is the evil deed that led to the rise of the WWs.

Children of the Forest say what?
HtownAg92
AG
Can't remember how the faceless assassin thing works - does the assassin have to actually kill a person to be able to use their face, a la Arya and Walder Frey? Or can they use anyone who is dead?

I don't doubt that Arya is going to kill Cersei, but wonder whose face she will use to do it. If she has to be in on the kill, she may have to kill the Mountain or Jaime first to get close enough to Cersei. If not, I think it would be an awesome mind-f*** if she appeared to Cersei as Tommen or the daughter, then killed her.

Also, looking back on Arya's story, the foreshadowing of her riding a dragon like her female historical heroes was laid on pretty thick. It seems like it is destined to happen. Maybe she swings over to Dragonstone to offer her unique set of skills and gets to ride a dragon to finish her list.
smokeythebear
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Can't remember how the faceless assassin thing works - does the assassin have to actually kill a person to be able to use their face, a la Arya and Walder Frey? Or can they use anyone who is dead?

I don't doubt that Arya is going to kill Cersei, but wonder whose face she will use to do it. If she has to be in on the kill, she may have to kill the Mountain or Jaime first to get close enough to Cersei. If not, I think it would be an awesome mind-f*** if she appeared to Cersei as Tommen or the daughter, then killed her.

Also, looking back on Arya's story, the foreshadowing of her riding a dragon like her female historical heroes was laid on pretty thick. It seems like it is destined to happen. Maybe she swings over to Dragonstone to offer her unique set of skills and gets to ride a dragon to finish her list.
Hmmm... little brother?
OnlyForNow
AG
Couple things, she can't change her physical appearance so she isn't gonna be the mountain or Jamie. 2nd she is actually wearing their skin, so unless those already dead folks were embalmed REALLY well, wearing their skin as a mask isn't going to work.
Belton Ag
AG
HtownAg92 said:

I don't think Arya is going to kill Cersei, at least not this season. I think she's going to get sidetracked pretty soon and wind up doing something else.
HtownAg92
AG
smokeythebear said:

HtownAg92 said:

Hmmm... little brother?
Tommen is a Lannister / Baratheon. Rickon is Arya's little brother that was killed by Ramsey.

As for changing appearance, she took on Walder's complete appearance.
bangobango
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Couple things, she can't change her physical appearance so she isn't gonna be the mountain or Jamie. 2nd she is actually wearing their skin, so unless those already dead folks were embalmed REALLY well, wearing their skin as a mask isn't going to work.
Well, she was taller when she was Frey, so show does not seem to be keeping to physical appearance rule.
OnlyForNow
AG
Uh ya, a short thin person; not completely dissimilar to her actual physical build.

She isn't going to magically grow to 7 feet tall.
Belton Ag
AG
bangobango said:

OnlyForNow said:

Well, she was taller when she was Frey, so show does not seem to be keeping to physical appearance rule.
How does it work where the voices are the same? She went on for a good 3-5 minutes in Walder Frey's voice.
OnlyForNow
AG
Disagree. She didn't shrink when she took off the face mask of Walder.
OnlyForNow
AG
Best argument yet.

No idea.
Duncan Idaho
OnlyForNow said:

Uh ya, a short thin person; not completely dissimilar to her actual physical build.

Yeah! Putting on someone else face and completely taking on their entire appearance makes sense. But changing how tall some one is? That is just being silly.
plowboy1065
S
Dan 07 said:

plowboy1065 said:

chipotle said:

powerbelly51 said:

If the series ends in any other way than The Night King sitting on the iron throne I will be disappointed.

Prepare to be disappointed. Towards the end of the series the dead are going to sweep through the kingdom. Only Bran will be left. Through some weird time travel stuff bran will alter the past (my theory is he WON'T take over King Aerys head that causes him to go mad). This will cause a catalyst of events that prevents past wars which has divided the kingdom. At the end you will see a united army making a stand at the wall against the white walkers with characters that didn't die (ned, robert, bunch of targaryens,etc.). Roll credits.

What if everything is one big time loop and Bran is the key to setting things straight which never happens

I like the time loop theory. White Walkers wipe everything out, Bran somehow kills the WW. Then only Bran is left, so he has to build a whole new society. Bran the Builder.

Holy shat, didn't even think about the Bran The Builder connection. Wouldn't the children of the forest know who Bran was since they were there before anyone else?
smokeythebear
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Well as best as I can tell, the whole process is, quite literally, magic.
The Debt
SeattleAgJr said:

smokeythebear said:

Quote:

Cruster's Keep was such a disturbingly awful situation that it makes sense to me that this is the evil deed that led to the rise of the WWs.

Children of the Forest say what?
Yea, I dont think its Craster giving his sons away to an empty forest that led to the re-emergence of the WWs.

Some speculate dragons (& the red comet S2) signaled the re-emergence of magic, thus WWs, but we saw WWs in the prologue of s1e1, long before there were dragons.

Some speculate its some deep prophecy only the three-eyed raven understands. When Jon was sworn in as lord commander he was the 998th lord commander of the nights watch. This means his white trash friend is the de facto 999th lord commander. Which means the war of dead and living had a ceasefire for 1000 lord commanders, and possible prophesy leads the 1000th to deliver the realms of man fro the WW menace. Who knows? Neither the show, nor martin has been explicit why the WWs are coming NOW, just that they are coming.

(And all this was show speculation, the books havent caught up to reaniminated Jon Snow or the subsequent Lord Commanders)
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.