Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,143,578 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Wizard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I still think y'all are selling me short on Beric having Lightbringer and Azor Ahai being narrowed down to Beric, Jon or Dany.

Mel has referenced the prophecy too many times and to me an unveiling of Azor Ahai would close her arc.
dcAg
Does Hodor come back as a Wight?
JJxvi
AG
The hammer in the show was obviously designed by somebody who's played too many video games, but what do you expect?
chase128
AG
Wizard said:

I still think y'all are selling me short on Beric having Lightbringer and Azor Ahai being narrowed down to Beric, Jon or Dany.

Mel has referenced the prophecy too many times and to me an unveiling of Azor Ahai would close her arc.

I like this theory on the Lightbringer:
https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/6ti602/spoilers_main_legit_azor_ahai_theory_that_makes/
Wizard
That's a good one. It's one of the more intriguing arcs me.
smokeythebear
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Thoros

Quote:

He fought for King Robert Baratheon in the Greyjoy Rebellion. He was the first man, followed closely by Ser Jorah Mormont, through the breach during the Siege of Pyke, stabbing and terrifying the ironborn with his flaming sword

Of course they knew each other. Jorah's whole backstory stems from him winning a tournament, marrying a high maintenance noblewoman, chasing glory in every tournament, spending way too much money, and selling criminals into slavery. Thoros was King Robert's spiritual advisor. He only ever drank, slept around, and went to tournaments. He won some as well. I think anyone who won a continent wide tournament of arms would be instantly recognizable to the others in the kingdom, and that doesn't even count them fighting side by side in the Greyjoy Rebellion.
Interesting, remember Euron talking about Jamie busting through the breach as well? Sure seems like a lot of good swordsmen were in that battle.
DartAg1970
AG
I had the same question about Hodor, since he was apart of the pre season photo series. He has to show up somewhere.

Also, I didn't see anyone else mention it, but did anyone else think there was more to Jon telling Dany "Good luck in the wars to come?" I remember it from when Arthur Dane said it to Ned in the flashback scene at the Tower of Joy, but I don't remember anyone else ever saying that. Am I just not remembering correctly and it is a common thing to say or is there something more there?

Note: I don't look at spoiler threads so this is just an observation of mine. Some friends seem to think it is a common phrase with no significance.
bobinator
AG
The Azor Ahai stuff isn't really that important on the show though right? The prophecy hasn't been mentioned specifically.

"The price that was promised" has been mentioned, but all of the details of Azor Ahai and the prophecy and whatnot are all just in the book right? I know that there's some question over whether or not those two are the same person.
Post removed:
by user
smokeythebear
AG
bangobango said:

At the risk of bringing the wrath of all the over protective on here, does anybody else think the Gendry stuff is nothing more than tv writer trope BS?

Your father was good with a war hammer, then you must be good with a hammer! You have spent your life working as a blacksmith, well lets just take you ranging north of the wall for the hell of it. Lets throw a rowing joke in for good measure!
Well he's been swinging a hammer for his entire life. Kinda makes sense that he would feel most comfortable with a hammer as his weapon.
smokeythebear
AG
DartAg1970 said:

I had the same question about Hodor, since he was apart of the pre season photo series. He has to show up somewhere.

Also, I didn't see anyone else mention it, but did anyone else think there was more to Jon telling Dany "Good luck in the wars to come?" I remember it from when Arthur Dane said it to Ned in the flashback scene at the Tower of Joy, but I don't remember anyone else ever saying that. Am I just not remembering correctly and it is a common thing to say or is there something more there?

Note: I don't look at spoiler threads so this is just an observation of mine. Some friends seem to think it is a common phrase with no significance.
I think it is just the GoT version of "May the odds be ever in your favor".
bobinator
AG
I don't think they're dismissing their existence, just that they've returned and are actually causing problems for people. They've still only been seen by just a handful of people.

This is the only reason why the fast forwarding of time bugs me a bit, we see the army of the dead marching a few times, are they just making laps north of the wall? Why is it taking them so long to get where they're going. Armies and people are flying back and forth around the map within one episode and yet this army has been marching toward the wall forever. Hardhome and Eastwatch by the Sea are right by each other compared to most things in Westeros.
frog_killer
AG
in my opinion, the different timelines are not linear.

What we have seen from the army of the dead could just be a few days/weeks, while everything has been playing out over several weeks/months
smokeythebear
AG
bobinator said:

I don't think they're dismissing their existence, just that they've returned and are actually causing problems for people. They've still only been seen by just a handful of people.

This is the only reason why the fast forwarding of time bugs me a bit, we see the army of the dead marching a few times, are they just making laps north of the wall? Why is it taking them so long to get where they're going. Armies and people are flying back and forth around the map within one episode and yet this army has been marching toward the wall forever. Hardhome and Eastwatch by the Sea are right by each other compared to most things in Westeros.
I consider it that they are advancing at the rate of the winter weather. Basically, they only like to be in weather that is below-zero (or whatever arbitrary measurement of "cold enough"). So as more and more of Westeros descends into the thick of winter, they will slowly advance further south.
wangus12
AG
dcAg said:

Man that would be dark
EFE
AG
My thoughts on this is that even though they are dead/undead that maybe they only function for finite period of time/decomposition? Like the moving hand sent to KL maybe just ran out of what ever "go" it had as a function of time, not distance from the WW/NK. Or maybe both. But if they are only functional for a finite period of time from being risen I would think that walking through blizzards etc wouldn't make them very long second lived. They all show different signs of decomposition, sooo maybe the WW/NK have to replenish their army at different gravesites along the way because they're losing numbers along the way as well?
bobinator
AG
Well we know when Hardhome was because Jon was there, and we know that Bran just saw the army approaching Eastwatch because he sent a raven about it to Jon. So we know that it's been a LONG time between those two events.

What has the army of the dead been doing all this time? It's not like they have to go recruiting to up their numbers or rest or stock up on food or anything.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Btron said:

MonkeyKnifeFighter said:

Concerning ~10 pages ago and a suggestion that Gendry was simply writers doing writer things, it actually brings Team Dragon to combine all four houses in the title logo.

Targaryen: Dany
Stark: Jon
Lannister: Tyrion
Baratheon: Gendry

If anyone mentioned this in the many pages since the thread aired, I apologize. I skimmed everything through and didn't catch it.
But Jon is a Targaryen
and still half Stark...not only that he is now legit Stark and legit Targ.
bobinator
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

My thoughts on this is that even though they are dead/undead that maybe they only function for finite period of time/decomposition? Like the moving hand sent to KL maybe just ran out of what ever "go" it had as a function of time, not distance from the WW/NK. Or maybe both. But if they are only functional for a finite period of time from being risen I would think that walking through blizzards etc wouldn't make them very long second lived. They all show different signs of decomposition, sooo maybe the WW/NK have to replenish their army at different gravesites along the way because they're losing numbers along the way as well?
That seems... unlikely. Everyone could just start digging up and burning bodies and retreating and be safe?
Mozart Paintings
AG
Nm
wangus12
AG
chase128 said:

Wizard said:

I like this theory on the Lightbringer:
https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/6ti602/spoilers_main_legit_azor_ahai_theory_that_makes/
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think they've been preoccupied with a dance contest

Sapper Redux
wangus12 said:

dcAg said:

Man that would be dark

Better yet, have Jon capture him and take him to Winterfell, just so he can meet Bran and say, "Hedor" (Held the door).
bobinator
AG
smokeythebear said:

I consider it that they are advancing at the rate of the winter weather. Basically, they only like to be in weather that is below-zero (or whatever arbitrary measurement of "cold enough"). So as more and more of Westeros descends into the thick of winter, they will slowly advance further south.
We also know they can't cross the wall yet, so this is definitely part of it, but I don't think it's too crazy for there to have been some "well where are they?" lines in the show to explain that. As it is, it just sort of looks like they've been doing the world's slowest march.

If anything, I think explaining the amount of time and the reasons they haven't attacked/crossed the wall yet would lend some credence to why the Citadel and others aren't believing them. If Jon Snow has been claiming the white walkers are coming for a long time, but still nobody else has seen them, it would make his story less believable.

From the way he tells it, they could arrive any moment, but it's been a long time since Hardhome and nobody else has seen any sign of them. It would help explain why people on the show are so skeptical.

EFE
AG
Ok, if not graves then they're hopscotching to different wildling camps to gain numbers, but at what point in decomposition do they cease to function? In hard home there are plenty of skeletons that are just bare bone and sinew, at what point does the NK try to raise a corpse and it just doesn't reanimate?
wangus12
AG
Quote:

What has the army of the dead been doing all this time? It's not like they have to go recruiting to up their numbers or rest or stock up on food or anything.
We still aren't sure they can cross the wall yet. Maybe they're biding their time until they can destroy the wall or something.
bobinator
AG
I think they have to be broken apart. We've seen a few of them that are just straight up skeletons more or less right? Plus I don't think they decompose any more once they're raised. Just on a practical level is absolutely freezing so they shouldn't decompose any more.
SeattleAgJr
wangus12 said:

Quote:

We still aren't sure they can cross the wall yet. Maybe they're biding their time until they can destroy the wall or something.
how did the wight get into castle black?
SeattleAgJr
The Debt said:

I think last night's episode, if anything, neutralizes LF from Arya because her ate with Lions and served them too,
bobinator
AG
This makes the most sense, but I don't think it's crazy to want a little explanation about that in the show. It could even be Jon sharing theories with Davos or something over why they haven't tried to cross the wall yet or how they might try to do it. Or Bran talking to someone about it, surely he knows why they haven't attacked yet or why they can't cross the wall.

But we saw them basically create a waterfall of bodies to mow down hardhome and now they haven't done anything since even though by show distance standards Eastwatch is basically next door to Hardhome.

We also know that as far as Jon Snow knows they can cross the wall or else he wouldn't be so concerned about figuring out how to stop them right?
MaroonStain
AG
We have seen clips of WW army just standing motionless. I think the WW head honchos only move the army so much. For instance, when Sam gets lost and they march past him, it was like a once in a while army movement. Also, when Bran had his 'meeting' with NK, the army was just standing there.
wangus12
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

wangus12 said:

Quote:

It was carried in. Maybe like a Trojan horse?
Joseph Parrish
AG
MaroonStain said:

We have seen clips of WW army just standing motionless. I think the WW head honchos only move the army so much. For instance, when Sam gets lost and they march past him, it was like a once in a while army movement. Also, when Bran had his 'meeting' with NK, the army was just standing there.
Real life getting in the way. I read that as "North Korea."
Texas Aggie '99
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

wangus12 said:

Quote:

Posted this earlier in response to another poster who had a similar question/comment on this.

Quote:

In both the book and the show, the Nightswatch Rangers were found dead by Ghost beyond the wall. Sam specifically comments on why they aren't rotting and some such. They are brought back through the gates and reanimate that night. In the books, a couple/several Nightswatch are killed by one of the Wights and in both books and show, Jon is alerted to something being up by Ghost.

So the Nightswatch actually transported the bodies through the gate not knowing they would become Wights.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 148 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.