John Wick: Chapter 2

21,851 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Buck O Five
gigemags-99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
M.C. Swag
AG
Part of me thinks they're going to save the prequel storyline for a different actor. Like, they'll re-cast a younger John Wick.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hah, the colon is messing it up, btw. It took me a while to figure that one out a few months ago. Reported it to staff but it never got fixed.
Murder Hornet
AG
Thanks, fixed it finally.
AgLiving06
M.C. Swag said:

Part of me thinks they're going to save the prequel storyline for a different actor. Like, they'll re-cast a younger John Wick.

So Keanu in like 2 years?
lurker76
chipotle said:

I demand a John wick prequel.
John Wick: "You workin', John?"
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Was finally witness to the awesomeness last night. Halfway through, I was thinking "you know, I'd love to see a spin-off movie with Common's character, Cassian. Oh, well......never mind."

Okay, long rambling here: In recent years, the greatest action movies that didn't have John Wick in the title were the two Raid movies. They are brilliant. I now see that The Raid movies and the John Wick movies are eerily similar (and all brilliant).

The first Raid movie can be summed up in one sentence (an elite police force gets trapped in a high-rise filled with heavily armed criminals and must fight their way out). The Raid 2: Berandal has a much deeper plot with twists and turns and more characters with backstory. It takes the world of the first movie and spends much more time exploring it.

That is exactly what we get with the John Wick movies. The first is "Russian thugs kill his dog and steal his car and he kills everyone." The second opens up the world we glimpsed in the first and takes us into it.

Both The Raid 2 and John Wick Chapter 2 are not as gleefully insane as their first films, but they are much deeper and therefore better movies than the first.

I hope production begins very soon on John Wick: the Final Chapter.

Oh, and I am 110% against the Joe Carnahan remake of The Raid. Do not want.
Sex Panther
AG
Speaking of Common, I am fairly positive he and Ruby Rose's character are both alive and will be back in John Wick 3
MrPlow2010
AG
Common's character for sure. They kind of explained how Wick did the same thing to Morpheus and how he chose to live to see another day. I'm hoping Rose's character is dead. I feel like she didn't add much as Wick beats down 200lbs + guys with ease and she only weighs 120 tops.
Sex Panther
AG
Agreed. Plus I cant stand her.
HeadGames
AG
Ditto
TCTTS
AG
You would think it'd be somewhat ok to hire a terrible actress as long as she didn't have any lines, but it was actually the opposite effect. Instead her entire performance had to be based on facial expressions alone, and it ended up being even more terrible. She really, really bugged me. Movie as a whole was fun, though.
Blanco Ag
AG
Outstanding movie. I love this franchise!
Cromagnum
AG
I like when he is reloading his shotgun, someone comes up before he is done and he pulls a pistol to blast fools with the shotty still on his shoulder.

The one handed mag check was cool looking too.

Good to see Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne sharing screentime again.
The Debt
Cromagnum said:

I like when he is reloading his shotgun, someone comes up before he is done and he pulls a pistol to blast fools with the shotty still on his shoulder.

The one handed mag check was cool looking too.

Good to see Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne sharing screentime again.

I yelled Morpheus when they showed him.
Sex Panther
AG
I was absolutely certain that Laurence Fishburn was gonna say, "You should've taken the blue pill John"
GiveEmHellBill
AG
John Wick 2 needed just 8 days to surpass the first movie's box office

This is what happens when you make a quality sequel to a movie that was embraced by moviegoers.
Icecream_Ag
S
Just got out is a still pretty full theater for this.

Had three people leave because it was too violent.

Seriously, you paid to see a "kill'em all" movie and complain about the violence???

Oh and the dude he knifes right before boarding the subway train had half the crowd scream "holy ****" at the same time.
Madmarttigan
AG
Feel like I'm going to have to suck it up and learn to start seeing movies by myself if I wanna see this in theaters. Either working or friends are busy lol..
average_joker
AG
tv1113 said:

Feel like I'm going to have to suck it up and learn to start seeing movies by myself if I wanna see this in theaters. Either working or friends are busy lol..

You won't regret it.
titanmaster_race
Sex Panther said:

I was absolutely certain that Laurence Fishburn was gonna say, "You should've taken the blue pill John"

missed opportunity
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's crazy to me that people have a problem doing this. It's just as good an experience imo.
Sex Panther
AG
It's become one of my favorite pastimes. Especially at the Drafthouse... Go watch a movie by myself. Order a pizza, have a beer... I absolutely love it.
toucan82
Saw it earlier today. I liked the part where he killed a bunch of people. I was confused during the parts where he wasn't killing a bunch of people.
AggieLitigator
toucan82 said:

Saw it earlier today. I liked the part where he killed a bunch of people. I was confused during the parts where he wasn't killing a bunch of people.

Amazing post is amazing.
jr15aggie
AG
Just had my wife watch the original... She really liked it! Awesome.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I've been going alone since I was in the sixth grade and my dad would drop me off in down town ft worth with instructions to walk to Barnes and noble afterward. I enjoy going by myself. I can see whatever I want whenever.
Carlo4
AG
Going to see this alone today. Girlfriend doesn't like these style of movies and friends are working.

Going alone is awesome. No food sharing. No waiting. Then again I'm an only child so used to it.

Now going solo in a children's movie.... nope nope nope.
Canyon99
Had the day off yesterday and went alone to see JW2. The show delivered big time. I thought there was no way it could live up to the the first one but it surpassed it IMO. Can't wait for the third installment.
astros4545
AG
Have we mentioned the scene where he and Common are walking at different subway levels and continuously misfiring in the crowd

I died from laughing
Murder Hornet
AG
That was pretty good. Lots of humor for a kickass action flick
Old School Rucking
AG
tv1113 said:

I made my entire staff cut out at noon and watch this film together as a lesson in focus, commitment, and sheer will.
Icecream_Ag
S
Uncle Boo Boo said:

tv1113 said:

I made my entire staff cut out at noon and watch this film together as a lesson in focus, commitment, and sheer will. And then had all of the pencils removed from the office, for safety.
FIFY
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
About to break $100M worldwide.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.