HELL OR HIGH WATER

47,814 Views | 274 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BowSowy
FancyKetchup14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Corporal Punishment said:

Holy **** this is a great movie. Why am I just now seeing this? Loved hearing about Olney, Archer City (hometown of another famous writer), Post, etc. and all these towns I mostly know from DQ stops on the way to past ski trips.
Have you seen Sicario 1 or 2, or Wind River? Same writer and he directed WR. All of which are great.

Maybe I'm a sucker for neo-Westerns, but Sicario 1, Wind River, and HoHW are three of the best movies I've seen in the last 10 years.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Saw Wind River not too long ago. Also a solid flick. I'll check out Sicario.
tehmackdaddy
AG
I just saw this on Netflix last night (I think it was a new addition). Good movie with very solid characters.
Bunk Moreland
Corporal Punishment said:

Saw Wind River not too long ago. Also a solid flick. I'll check out Sicario.

You're going to come back on here e-jaculatung when you watch it.
phatpat21
All of these movies kick a$$
Bonfire1996
AG
Best line of the movie is when the millennial ****** hangs his .45 outside his green Dodge Challenger and say, "What bit(h?" To Ben Foster.

Foster replies, "Boy....you'd think there were ten of me."

Close second is in the next few seconds...
"Are you tryin to piss me off? I said Dr. Pepper, this is Mr. Pibb."
jackie childs
Bonfire1996 said:

Best line of the movie is when the millennial ****** hangs his .45 outside his green Dodge Challenger and say, "What bit(h?" To Ben Foster.

ben foster has become one of those guys where if i'm just flipping around trying to find something new to watch, if he's in it, i'm willing to give it a shot.
DaveHimself
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

You left off the best part of that quote! He then says "only aholes drink Mr. Pibb" right before it cuts to next scene.
Corporal Punishment
AG
DaveHimself said:

Bonfire1996 said:

You left off the best part of that quote! He then says "only aholes drink Mr. Pibb" right before it cuts to next scene.

And he follows it with "drink up!"
Shelton98
AG
jackie childs said:

Bonfire1996 said:

ben foster has become one of those guys where if i'm just flipping around trying to find something new to watch, if he's in it, i'm willing to give it a shot.

I can't look at Foster without seeing him bloody-eyed from Lone Survivor.
Stive
AG
Same here. I love him in just about every role.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I think he's really underrated. His role in 3:10 to Yuma made that movie great.
bigtruckguy3500
Aggies76 said:

Uncle Gunnysack said:

ben foster was a hero to me cause he totally put one over on the do-gooders that tried to make a citizens arrest. mind your own business people.
Really? I loved that posse of gun-toting do-gooders. They were just outmatched.
Saw it last night. Pretty good movie, definitely had a no country for old men feel to it.

But I enjoyed some of the subtle nods to Texas, like the old man from the trailer who had a gun on him and almost felt insulted when asked if he had a gun.

I also have a feeling that in real life, that posse would've had at least one AR among them, and probably wouldn't have scrambled away like they did when fired upon. Not sure if that needed spoiler tags, but why not.
Mr. White
Just watched it. Chris Pine was great. I agree with y'all about Ben Foster, I'll stop down to watch him. I guess I've been watching him since he was Eli on Freaks and Geeks (Don't bag on Three's Company to him).

Sicario is next.
Texaggie7nine
Saw it last night. Glad I finally saw it. Good flick. Ben and Jeff were great as usual.

I was also perplexed at the oil aspect. I'm sure knowing that it will be paying off, they could easily get financed somehow to get the land back

Was also bothered by the guys wearing cowboy hats in the restaurant. Seems like rural town guys would know to take off their cowboy hats.
7nine
BassCowboy33
Texaggie7nine said:

Saw it last night. Glad I finally saw it. Good flick. Ben and Jeff were great as usual.

I was also perplexed at the oil aspect. I'm sure knowing that it will be paying off, they could easily get financed somehow to get the land back

Was also bothered by the guys wearing cowboy hats in the restaurant. Seems like rural town guys would know to take off their cowboy hats.

I think the point was the bank would never give them the land back if they knew there was oil on it.
Texaggie7nine
But they could easily find an investor I would think. Without the bank knowing where the money came from.
7nine
GIF Reactor
AG
DaveHimself said:

Bonfire1996 said:

So damn funny and unexpected.
500,000ags
AG
You're right. But don't let the truth get in front of a perfectly good story.
rhutton125
AG
Pretty damn strong! Makes me realize that I'm not very Texan. I laughed at a lot of the lines though - a lot of things my grandfather would say. "That bank's been robbin' me for 30 years!"

Wind River was good but rough to watch. Now I really need to get around to watching Sicario - though I know it's probably not a feel-good either.
Bruce Almighty
AG
CrawlingNo5
AG
I may be a few years late to the party, but gd this was a good movie.

Not sure how long it's been out on Netflix, but you are doing yourself a disservice by not watching it.
Redstone
AG
I saw this a long time ago, and also got the DVD shortly after release.
Sex Panther
AG
lmao he spoiler tagged it
spanky
AG
I had that Waco Marshall tell me the story first hand years ago before the movie
amercer
AG
My people come from Eldorado, San Angelo, Big Lake, Big Spring and the rest of random west Texas.

I loved just how west Texas this movie was.
BQ78
AG
Filmed in NM
Baby Billy
AG
Saw HOHW and Wind River both for the first time in the past week. Enjoyed Wind River more, but both were great.
tlh3842
AG
500,000ags said:

You're right. But don't let the truth get in front of a perfectly good story.

I think the point was to rob from only that chain of banks since they screwed his mom over on the loan knowing she couldn't afford it.
Phat32
AG
The one liners from Bridges made the movie for me. But the whole thing is great.
BowSowy
AG
amercer said:

My people come from Eldorado, San Angelo, Big Lake, Big Spring and the rest of random west Texas.

I loved just how west Texas this movie was.
Yep, my dad is from Hermleigh and mom's from Snyder. Almost all of my extended family is in Midland, Synder, or Lubbock and this movie perfectly nailed the West Texas feel

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.