Podcast or audible book recs?

4,212 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RangerRick9211
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Radiolab's new spinoff "More Perfect" is pretty great. It's about the Supreme Court.

Freakonomics Radio is good
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
Scott Siglers free audiobooks. You won't regret it.
Looking at all the football coverage on this site, y'all should check out my free podcast series "The Galactic Football League." I describe it as STAR WARS meets THE GODFATHER meets THE BLINDSIDE. Five novels and three novellas in the GFL series.

Here's a link to the free podcast of Book I, THE ROOKIE, on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rookie/id955037171?mt=2
I've been trying FDO. Look at my post a few up from this one.

Here's a bit of trivia...he names characters after real people who interact with him and meet him at events.

Seriously guys, you won't regret any of this FREE podcasts.

The production alone on the GFL is better than any other audio book I have ever heard.
BullSprig07
AG
Just finished the Blueprint for Armageddon series from Hardcore History. These are long but very worth it even if you just have a passive interest in history.

Tim Ferriss show is always good for interviews.

Recently listed to "The Graveyard Book" (a Tim Ferris recommendation) on audible which would be a good one for those looking for material they can listen to with children.

Mike Rowe has a podcast called "The Way I Heard It" which are all pretty short but pretty interesting stories done in sort of a Paul Harvey style.
Vernada
AG
I posted this on The Nerdery a while back:

quote:
This is one of my all time favorites.

Return to the Scene of the Crime: Act 3

Philip J Fry
AG
+1 for Judge John Hodgman
Quailmeezy
AG
The free channels on audible (assuming you have amazon prime) have quite a few good audiobbooks.

Ghost in the wires - true story of Kevin Mitnick one of the most intriguing computer hackers
Catch me if you can - most people know this one
Zodiac - great detail on one of the most intriguing serial killers that was never caught.

I'm also enjoying the "Up and Vanished" podcast. The first few episodes have a few over dramatic eye roll moments, but overall the story is interesting. It is a murder muster similar to serial season 1 about the unsolved murder of a Georgia beauty queen.
G Martin 87
AG
Scott Sigler sighting? Here on TexAgs? That's unbelievably awesome. I loved Earthcore. Will definitely give The Rookie a listen.
Objective Aggie
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Just started Hardcore History: Blueprint for Armageddon.
As a history nerd this is like crack.

Well I have never been much of a history nerd. But gave this a try.

Whoa.

Prophets of Doom + the Spanish american war one + the WWI one. OUTSTANDING. REALLY GOOD STUFF
Objective Aggie
AG
Also, Sissy spacek reading To Kill a Mockingbird is highly recommended.

Also listened to In Cold Blood which was also really good.
RangerRick9211
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

I'm subscribed to a lot of podcasts. But a few months ago I was introduced to My Brother, My Brother and Me. I've quit all other podcasts to work through their 300+ episodes. My commutes have been awesome.
I'm still working through MBMBAM. But I've added their D&D series, the Adventure Zone as well. It's solid.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.