KEVIN MCKAY 103.9 THE X 1998-2000

44,021 Views | 365 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by kevinmckay
kevinmckay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey it's Kevin. Just an update...Still in Florida at a Rock Station. I had fun at the days of 103.9 the X.
From what I hear, Radio went very downhill there in B/CS.
I guess I got fired at the right time!
Hope everyone is great.
Whos Juan
AG
Is this like one of those times someone tries to dm a person on twitter and accidentally tweets it out for the world to see?
MattAg06
AG
Man, I was wondering what happened to that guy....
LHIOB
AG
Hey you guys know Im still hangin round Dallas a little bit - Expo
Duncan Idaho
Is this thread a troll?
The Debt
Canyon99
quote:
Hey it's Kevin. Just an update...Still in Florida at a Rock Station. I had fun at the days of 103.9 the X.
I guess I got fired at the right time!
Hope everyone is great.

Lol take care Tevin McCray.
kevinmckay
Yes, WKSM.COM 99 Rock. Got some Aggies living here now.
PLUM LOCO
AG
quote:
Did it ever go "uphill"...
CrottyKid
AG
103.9 was my jam when I was a freshman.
kevinmckay
Haha, no i don't think it was EVER "uphill". but it was fun. Back in the days of Don Kelley, Bill Kaufmann, and others. Even had Chris Valletta working at the Station.

But yes, very happy to be where i'm at now.
Texarkana
superunknown
AG
The best Kevin McKay bits were the random phoners...I remember one where he was talking to this old lady saying he left his wallet at her house after a one night stand. She says "but Kevin im old...and black!' and he responds..."I know...I told you I like that.'

There was another one where he was talking to this kid and saying he had the test results. ..and the kid kept interrupting him so he'd say "please, address me as Dr. McKay".

kevinmckay

Wow! Superunknown and Texarkana! GREAT MEMORIES! I still do most of that stuff.
Can I post audio Mp3's here?
VanZandt92
quote:

Wow! Superunknown and Texarkana! GREAT MEMORIES! I still do most of that stuff.
Can I post audio Mp3's here?

Please do. I had graduated, but would like to hear.
kevinmckay
ok, looking to see if i can upload an MP3 link here.
PooDoo
AG
You'll have to upload it at another site & post the link here. Texags doesn't host stuff like that.
kevinmckay
https://soundcloud.com/kevin-mckay-18 here's some Soundcloud stuff.
Cancelled
AG
103.9 was the best radio station I ever heard. Unused to love them in the evening when I was delivering food. They always played up and coming artists with good music that you couldn't hear anywhere else. Absolutely...the...best.
kevinmckay
Thank you Queso! Had fun on that Station, but I always made fun of the town, and would drive to Houston, Dallas or Austin most wknds.
phatbc
Used to get 103.9 when I lived in central Texas around those years, before I even went to A&M. Really was one of the top stations.
superunknown
AG
That whole station was great. most of the DJs were cool.
kevinmckay
Well, from what I've heard, the Station went downhill. Not sure what the format is now. I'll check it out.
It was fun when I worked there. I can say that it was weird, being 28 at the time, and that was "really really elderly" to most of the listeners haha
AggieOO
This thread is weird.
UnderoosAg
AG
Do you live out of an old van, selling plastic ware and using an old VHS camera to record yourself doing bits?

I'll bet you could have been as popular as Howard Stern. If only the station manager had put you in.
kevinmckay
UnderoosAg,
Nope, live in a nice place, have a nice Studio in Florida. nowhere NEAR as popular as Howard Stern, but loving the job.
kevinmckay
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208997849405697&set=a.2211915379660.129576.1300774134&type=3&theater
Whos Juan
AG
Ever have a guy you barely knew in high school randomly friend request you on Facebook, then does nothing but post a meme that's 3 years old on your wall every couple of months?
Humorous Username
AG
quote:
Well, from what I've heard, the Station went downhill. Not sure what the format is now. I'll check it out.
It was fun when I worked there. I can say that it was weird, being 28 at the time, and that was "really really elderly" to most of the listeners haha

One of my less-happy memories is hearing Bill Kaufman (whatever happened to him?) DJ at an odd time of day, then hearing only Bill DJ throughout the day over the course of a week or so, and then no DJ whatsoever; only music and commercials.

I still remember that it all happened in December, and I was shocked when I turned on 103.9 only to hear it was now Jack FM.
HeadGames
AG
It was a good station. I remember at night we could pick up 103.9 in Austin. It played better music than 101X most of the time.

It went away shortly after I started college. Think 2006/7?
kevinmckay
Thanx Humorous and Headgames! I'll pass that on to Bill Kaufmann. I still talk to him all the time.
Canyon99
Brings back lots of memories thanks for stopping by to say hello Tevin.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Ever have a guy you barely knew in high school randomly friend request you on Facebook, then does nothing but post a meme that's 3 years old on your wall every couple of months?
kevinmckay
Welcome everyone. I still get calls from time to time to do some Ads for TX Regional Eye Center. They did my lasik.
TCTTS
AG
This thread has officially achieved all-time random / weird-as-hell / amazing / underrated / enigmatic troll status.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.